OnRush PlayStation 4 Review

No idea really, as I only had time for one run in custom match yesterday and probably won't have free time again until tomorrow. I'd say you are approaching it right but maybe the dynamic aspect needs tweaking to 'more frequent' - remember when weather was added to Driveclub how the dynamic setting would rain all of the time?

It also might be set on lower frequency at least until they know the servers can cope - there have been a few server crashes reported last night - or maybe it's something we unlock? Sorry.

It seems bugged to me. I've still not seen any hints of winter - not even missing leaves on the trees - in any of the tracks I've tried in supposed winter season in custom mode.

It seems bugged to me. I've still not seen any hints of winter - not even missing leaves on the trees - in any of the tracks I've tried in supposed winter season in custom mode.

I have asked the question on Twitter today and wait the reply. Along with not being able to focus on the AI still (like the beta was) 👍

The weather system is more comprehensive than I thought. I got to the Snowbound races of the campaign and instead of getting fully snow covered tracks in the first races I instead got tracks that had no or only a light dusting of snow, and then built up to a thick layer as the snow fell and the race went on.

I've also seen some very impressive rain effects, plus of course dynamic time of day changes.

I'm having a ton of fun so far, and I've barely begun multiplayer at all.

I couldn't sit on the fence much longer, so I caved in and bought the game. Now I am thinking to myself... Why was I on the fence in the first place? :lol:

As someone who is predominately a fan of arcade racing games, this ticks all the right boxes when it comes to delivering a fun experience. It handles its various game modes so well to the point that you realise why this isn't a racing game at all. So far it is works and looks gorgeous while doing so!

Another surprise is the physics as vehicles feel weightier than I was expecting. With that said, it is better that way given how much action there is happening on screen! :cool:

Good choice @FT-1 I think you will enjoy the photo mode :cheers:

DfGLSSBW0AIeJi6.jpg

I couldn't sit on the fence much longer, so I caved in and bought the game. Now I am thinking to myself... Why was I on the fence in the first place? :lol:

As someone who is predominately a fan of arcade racing games, this ticks all the right boxes when it comes to delivering a fun experience. It handles its various game modes so well to the point that you realise why this isn't a racing game at all. So far it is works and looks gorgeous while doing so!

Another surprise is the physics as vehicles feel weightier than I was expecting. With that said, it is better that way given how much action there is happening on screen! :cool:
I wasn't lying when I pointed out the weighty feel, it's great. :D

Much better than Motorstorm in my opinion (or as I like to call it...Floaterstorm).

What are your favourite vehicles? So far I feel that many of the passive skills barely seem to make a difference - like all the ones that fill the rush meter through fodder takedown (enforcer), near misses (interceptor), tricks (outlaw) etc.
They don't really look like they move the meter perceptively more than simply holding down boost, which I'm doing the vast majority of the time anyway in all game modes. If they serve as a substitute for times where I don't have boost (rarely for more than a few seconds) or where it's strategically smarter not to boost (one of those areas where I hope added match depth may reveal itself online), then they are obviously useful. But right now I'm not really seeing it.

Takedowns appear to be the most effective hindrance of the opposing team - and thus a help for your own - and so far I'm almost always doing best in the Titan in that regard.

And resurrected as a freebie for PS Plus members in December - https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/28/playstation-plus-free-games-for-december-2018/

Ouch, barely 6 months on the market and already free on PS plus.

It must have sold dismally.
Ouch. Not that it surprises me though but that was damn fast. Not enough to get me to sign up for PS Plus again, just yet.

I'm not a fan of the concept and it interests me very little, but I'm willing to give it a shot with the right price tag attached to it.

Though, I'm still on the fence about getting the Day One Edition for around $20 (shipping included) while it's still in stock at one of the retailers here.
Was close to pulling the trigger as it probably won't drop any lower any time soon.

And resurrected as a freebie for PS Plus members in December - https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/28/playstation-plus-free-games-for-december-2018/

Ouch, barely 6 months on the market and already free on PS plus.

It must have sold dismally.

Don't think anyone could get their head around the appeal of racer with no racing. Plus the beta was meh. The actual games great apparently with superb tech & soundtrack etc.

MXH
Ouch. Not that it surprises me though but that was damn fast. Not enough to get me to sign up for PS Plus again, just yet.

I'm not a fan of the concept and it interests me very little, but I'm willing to give it a shot with the right price tag attached to it.

Though, I'm still on the fence about getting the Day One Edition for around $20 (shipping included) while it's still in stock at one of the retailers here.
Was close to pulling the trigger as it probably won't drop any lower any time soon.

It's been available for 9.99 in the UK for weeks now. Must be some sort of record for how quick it's hit PS+. Makes it great month for me along with Soma.

It's also been in gamepass.

Ill give it a shot, but just a shame that Evolution went down like this.

It's also been in gamepass.

Ill give it a shot, but just a shame that Evolution went down like this.

Blame Codemasters tbh... They just never gave them any PR for the game and then fired team members like it was nothing. Now they are just "Cofee boys" on whatever CM is working on next.

I just spent an hour with it courtesy of PS Plus, and yep, I can see why it bombed. Arcade racers need to have something where you can suspend disbelief. WipEout has it, Redout has it, hell even Track Mania has it, and this simply doesn't at all. Quite frankly this is like something that might just have worked 20 years ago when 3D gaming was new and really cool - these days forget it. To be honest I'm surprised that this made it to release.

Played it a few hours last weekend.. It was decent for those few hours but nothing more. The physics are quite nice for an arcaderacer, but sadly it didn't feel like racing. Stupid game. Playing with AI sometimes you don't have to do anything and you win and sometimes you can try as hard as you can and score.. And you still lose.

Add a racemode or a powered up racemode and it would be much much better.

Visually nice.

Back