Oookay, who is up for another tuner challenge?

Reposted after request from drifting from here:

Btw mate, dunno if I mentioned your RX-8 got the best time (I think) in our house for the RWD category. If it had been a more challenging base model it would have got 89-91pts. 'Red Rex' (as we called it, testing blind) caused an extended and rather entertaining argument between co-pilot and I. While we agreed it was easily the 'best car' in the category, when compared to the others it was not the 'best tune'.

Was sicker than a dog yesterday, so I wasn't in any shape to operate a steering wheel. Sorry for the delay, I really am.

More results coming today; if I don't get through them all, then tomorrow I'll finish what's left. :)

I haven't heard much of anything about it, all I know is I pretty much just slept all day. By the way, what part of the state do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?

D24/7's RX8 being judged right now.

Metro-Detroit.

But yeah, apparently there's stuff going around here soo... I've got a bit of a fun one but ah well. Hit me right in time to make the weekend suck too. Ah well. Probably not the same virus anyhow but meh.

Ahh. Not sure what hit me, but I'm feeling halfway decent today. Yay. :lol:

Done with d24/7's RX-8. Top 3 can now be awarded, as anything I judge from here on won't affect those places.

EDIT: finished Mafs' truck. Two cars to go; they'll be done tomorrow.

Last edited:
And now for the big announcement.

LEO DOES NOT WIN!! :P
Yes you beat me, but you still didn't win!! :D:D:D:D:D

Congrats d24/7, the RWD category winner of TCv4. 👍

Top 5 are:
1. d24/7
2. Leo
3. Vince
4. RJ (the curse strikes again!! :lol: )
5. roj

I'll make the ladders fancy and do the total score transfers over to the judging thread to give the overall winner of TCv4 after ty does the final two cars. 👍

My current comments on the top 5:

Overall: Any one of you guys could've easily won, amazing jobs done by all. 13 points between 1st and 5th :eek: tells you how close the field was here.

d24/7: You might want to change your TTL (yes, I'm calling it by its old name) tune to what you entered in here; I tested the other one as a little experiment after I judged yours, and I liked the one you entered a lot better. Pure amazingness; good job.

Leo: Please don't kill me. :lol: All I have to say here.

Vince and RJ: Your Devils both were really good, and I could have easily put them in the top spot. RJ, tough luck is all I have to say. (Not to sound mean or anything.)

Roj: You were kinda the one flying under the radar here; either you weren't around much or I didn't notice. Nice job; you just kinda got the shorter end of the stick on this one.

Last edited:
I got stiffed on points because you don't like trucks ty, admit it. :P:P:P:lol:

Atleast I got great scores in the capability & improvement categories, all of you judges liked the improvements made overall, so it should be fun for the customers even if I didn't get the highest score overall. :D

I might do a truck race as an SRC in the future. ;)

I got stiffed on points because you don't like trucks ty, admit it. :P:P:P:lol:

Hey, I drive one IRL. But as I said, you can't break the laws of physics, not even GT4 physics. (Remember? Gamesharks not allowed?) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, Re: your Hilux vs. Mr. Black laptime shootout: I'll do that when I'm done if you still feel like seeing which is the mobile chicane. :lol:

Last edited:
Whats interesting to see is the split of opinion's regarding my RX-8. Ty basically drove the closest to the way I drive from what I can gather from his explication. When I tune cars I kinda tinker with the suspension a little bit then readjust to the way the car handles which really is less then ideal. Anyway I had fun in TCv4, entering two new car's that I tuned roughly a week or two before the dead line and a week before exams. Also played around with FC gearboxes a bit for the first time in use of a published tune, I've learnt a lot more about them now. As we speak though that RX-8 is being retuned so it handles like I always really wanted it to handle.

2nd, eh? not bad from old tune of mine. I have no regrets whatsoever, because if I had won, Mafs would had been so depressed that he would had started drinking heavily and all.. :lol:

I've started a debrief thread for TCv4. I'd really like it to be short-lived and easily read, so please only post relevant stuff. Copy/pasting is also a good idea; there are now 952 posts in this thread so buggered if I'm going through them all. If you can remember reading or writing something relevant to the organisation of TCv4/5 pls cross post it (including original author/sauce).

2nd, eh? not bad from old tune of mine. I have no regrets whatsoever, because if I had won, Mafs would had been so depressed that he would had started drinking heavily and all.. :lol:

I don't need depression to drink heavily, I'm Australian!! :lol:

Leo obviously hasn't seen my pic from the drinking thread!! :P

I want to see how ty does with the outright lap times, to see if my Hilux would've used your car as a mobile speed hump. :D

I don't need depression to drink heavily, I'm Australian!! :lol:

Leo obviously hasn't seen my pic from the drinking thread!! :P

I want to see how ty does with the outright lap times, to see if my Hilux would've used your car as a mobile speed hump. :D

And on that note, they can't move Australia Day, it's beer's birthday! (Taken from GNW)

Roj: You were kinda the one flying under the radar here; either you weren't around much or I didn't notice. Nice job; you just kinda got the shorter end of the stick on this one.

My Supra is pretty stealthy in black eh? :sly:

5th isnt bad for me I guess, I think my Supra was just too balanced and not totally outstanding in any area. Oh well. :D

Nice job guys, was fun. :D:tup:

And now for the big announcement.

LEO DOES NOT WIN!! :P
Yes you beat me, but you still didn't win!! :D:D:D:D:D

Congrats d24/7, the RWD category winner of TCv4. 👍

Top 5 are:
1. d24/7
2. Leo
3. Vince
4. RJ (the curse strikes again!! :lol: )
5. roj

I'll make the ladders fancy and do the total score transfers over to the judging thread to give the overall winner of TCv4 after ty does the final two cars. 👍

OH. YEAH. BABY. :sly::sly::sly::sly::sly::sly::sly:

okay, can I open my soda bottle now? I need to celebrate teh win of RWD category. :sly:

I'll take that soda bottle of yours, thank you. ;)

My current comments on the top 5:

Overall: Any one of you guys could've easily won, amazing jobs done by all. 13 points between 1st and 5th :eek: tells you how close the field was here.

d24/7: You might want to change your TTL (yes, I'm calling it by its old name) tune to what you entered in here; I tested the other one as a little experiment after I judged yours, and I liked the one you entered a lot better. Pure amazingness; good job.

Leo: Please don't kill me. :lol: All I have to say here.

Vince and RJ: Your Devils both were really good, and I could have easily put them in the top spot. RJ, tough luck is all I have to say. (Not to sound mean or anything.)

thanks, glad you're very pleased with the tune.., yes, I'll update the RX-8 if I find time, I still have a customer car but I can't find the time to play right now.., :indiff: but still, I'm happy with the scores.., :D

I hope to have changed some people's not-so-good impressions on the RX-8, hehe.., :mischievous::cool:

Last edited:
Bergauk's 300ZX and shoman's Mustang added to judging. It's over, guys. :cheers:

And as for the Leo vs. Mafs laptime showdown, Leo wins, 2:06.552 to Mafs' 2:08.681.

Although, to put an end to the "mobile chicane" debacle, I say neither one. Keeping up was a feat in itself, Mafs at least congratulate yourself for that. :lol: :cheers:

Last edited:
13th and 5th. I think my scores in RWD could have been less low. But I'm satisfied to see my cars just at least judged. AWD I knew I wasn't going to be the best but I put my best effort into making that Golf feel a little bit better than it did when I first got it.

I thought it went over well. I'll be sure to enter TCV5 with some hopefully better tunes.

Nice work Mafs on the results.

@Berga: can you post the proper tranny? I loved that car despite the fatal flaw.

When I enter the TCV4, I didn't expect much with all the heavy weights in there. I proud of the TT. Hey I thought Mafs was a drag race tuner? lol I know where I went wrong at with the '76 Golf gti and the '05 mustang, pretty much the mustang was sitting in the garage. Who ever said you couldn't bring a knife to a gun fight? This win was for the little tuner shops.

Drifting 24/7 congrats on the RWD win:tup:

Last edited:
Back