Oookay, who is up for another tuner challenge?

Nice work PF and friend. I can't wait until we do these in the full GT5, so I can enter some serious cars and additionally the extra expertise I have acquired since.

Nice work PF and friend. I can't wait until we do these in the full GT5, so I can enter some serious cars and additionally the extra expertise I have acquired since.

worry not, MFT will be there to keep your ego in check. :lol:

RE: Gearing on the 240Z

It's a bit long and I'll admit that, but it serves one purpose and one only; to get that Z up to as high a top speed as possible while still being somewhat driveable at lower speeds.

HILUX SPEC M (Toyota Tacoma)
A very good job for such a tank. Obvious problems: poor speed and braking.
Poor speed?? Man, that thing does 12's down the strip and 280km/h top end, if that's slow, then I'm Captain Slow #2 (daan being the ORIGINAL Capt. Slow of GTP!! :lol:). Braking....was it too little or too much??

Cornering is good but suffers from some rather vicious snap oversteer.
Ummm, it's a ute.....there's no weight in the back, hence oversteer like in all utes. :P Maloo's aren't known for their handling prowess either. :sly:

Pwr/chassis ratio okay, not great. Good points for improvement for attempting to tame a monster.
Thanks for the compliment, I just wanted to chuck something different in the RWD class, and so far it's worked. I'm mid-field once again with a factory car....maybe next time I up the ante and bring the race division cars out. :cool:

Sorry, my babelfish isn't working, I can't translate gibberish into English sho'ey. :P

Who is the butt & tie man, is he a new superhero?? :lol:

Oh my mind was wondering on that one:banghead: LOL We need a tiebreaker lol My beef was strong on that one

Oh good god Parnelli, I've just started reading some of your reviews in the judging thread having diligently avoided all posts for most of the comp. I'm really glad I didn't read anything of yours beforehand because there's no way to remain unbiased after reading those reviews. Brilliant, insightful ... brb, reading...

I feel funny, I laughed at the reviews on my RWD entry because I knew it wouldn't go over well unless you drive like I do. But I enjoyed reading the reviews because they made me chuckle.

@RJ: Yeah, I double and triple-checked that one cause it seemed so odd. I think that's the one I even tried with NOS and still didn't like it.

@Mafs:Sorry, I used the wrong word; it got poor times compared to the others is what I meant.

Jeez that was an exhausting process. It took dozens of hours of driving and 7.5 mil credits (I sold 17 Rally Raid cars after doing initial FWD testing at Capri).

But I probably learned more in the last few weeks than in the six months beforehand. My brain is almost getting to the point where it could make up 3 or 4 archetypical approaches to tuning a car. Having examined the different tunes fairly closely, it amazes me how different the tuning style can be from person to person.

PF
Having examined the different tunes fairly closely, it amazes me how different the tuning style can be from person to person.

Well I wouldn't read too much into my tuning style because it changes every 6 months which is basically the time spent between GT4 stints.

Big Thanks to you, Parnelli and Ty for your judging efforts.

Now time to take a closer look at that RX-8.

91, 85.., my RX-8 is getting solid scores, good. :)

*waiting for the last score, come on ty00123.., :D*

I'm working on it; I just got really busy all of a sudden. I'm going as fast as I can... (while still giving myself enough time to fairly judge, of course). :)

PF
@RJ: Yeah, I double and triple-checked that one cause it seemed so odd. I think that's the one I even tried with NOS and still didn't like it.

Yeah, it's geared to wind up at peak power or just below in 6th when it tops out.

I'm just looking at the judging scores of all the entries still to be judged by ty00123. Just to let you guys know:

d24/7 is the ONLY car that has a chance of winning the RWD category, the others won't pass Leo's 271pts., even with a perfect 100. RJ stands the only other real chance for a podium placing, if he gets a near to perfect score.

The rest of us have to fight for the scraps. :P

Nope. Your position as leader isn't assured Leo. d24/7 needs a good score to get 1st but it's got the ability to do so.

RJ, you may get 4th, but you could end up with 2nd aswell depending on ty's judging, that's how close it's getting between the Top 4 or 5 in every category. FWD was the same and AWD was pretty close too.

Best I'm hoping for is to stay in the 6th postition I was after Parnelli's judging, I'm only 1pt. infront of sho'eys GT and anything above mid-70's will assure either of us that 6th spot.

Wow-there's a lot riding on my shoulders here.

I'll try not to drop it... :lol:

Anywho, I ran into a small monetary snag. I'm working as fast as I can to fix it, and I will be finished judging by Sunday.

EDIT: Fixed monetary snag, and RJ's tune has now been judged. 8 down, 5 to go.

Last edited:
Just do the DTM, B-Spec/A-spec, your choice. Really easy money.;)

Actually, I was in the Red Devil, and I took it to Costa di Amalfi (Easy) and picked up a couple Toyota RSC Rally Raids. It all worked out. :lol:

Haha, that's the classy way of making easy money.;) lol. Good job.:D Any news?
I'm not changing any scores, but put it this way: it seemed to like Fuji a little better than it did Amalfi. Bit of chronic understeer, 'specially on the downhill parts. Actually, it was better than I thought it would be. I just needed to change my driving style a bit.

I might have enough time for one tune tonight, I'm going out and having a social life for once. Any cars left will be done tomorrow; I know you guys are getting tired of waiting.

Back