Open Differential Drifting

• Thread starter GhostZ
  • 97 comments
I also use 5/60/60 on everything, regardless of how much power. If there is just too much wheel spin then I will lower the power some, like the Cobra and it's 700hp, it just doesn't need that much power to drift. I can do it though. I use a G27 and the key is really throttle modulation. I can transition slow and smooth, or fast and snappy depending on how I work the throttle. Just takes practice. Feel the car.

I also use 5/60/60 on everything, regardless of how much power. If there is just too much wheel spin then I will lower the power some, like the Cobra and it's 700hp, it just doesn't need that much power to drift. I can do it though. I use a G27 and the key is really throttle modulation. I can transition slow and smooth, or fast and snappy depending on how I work the throttle. Just takes practice. Feel the car.

Boss explanation! Kudo's ^^

So does this mean I could do better then I am by tuning the diff? I'm using the camaro SS stock diff settings atm.

5 60 60, nothing else. The Camaro is really grippy from itself, you dont need more grip nor speed. Fully lock the diff to make it drift even a bit okay. :)

Boss explanation! Kudo's ^^

5 60 60, nothing else. The Camaro is really grippy from itself, you dont need more grip nor speed. Fully lock the diff to make it drift even a bit okay. :)

Definitely try 5/60/60 on the Camaro, that's one of my favorites to drift just because I love the sound of it.

Lol, I've tried DM's diff setting he said might work, and it drifts pretty good. I might try the 5,60,60 diff setting just to see what it does.

Back