OPEN FOR ENTRIES - START DATE ON HOLD - GT500 SERIES ENDURANCE SERIES - Monday Nights 18:30UKFinished 

Just a test credit to @Stephen Vann and @nissman for the series and @CrazyJohn for the artwork

Stgt62017.png

A little bit of a rush job things aren't in line but 1 step further to working things out. Used John's spotters guide for the pictures and Logic post's for the texts. Hope you like not sure about the results section needs to be bigger. Hope PD don't mind me using their pic and putting the comment on it ;)

Edit: yep results section is to small to see, will have another over the next week and reshape things

KOSTASTEAMJOEST @kostasteam3
I_MAXX_PAIN_I @o0Maxx0o
OMEGA_RT_KOSTAS_B @Kostas83
OMEGA_RT_PANOS_K @Sonic88
IRT_NISSMANR32 @nissman
JFROD52 @Jfrod
TRL_ERAZER @TRL_Andromeda
DANNYB013 @DannyB013
GTRP_MIRIAL @mirial
DANIEL1990-25 @Daniel199025
VERT_CRAZYJOHN @CrazyJohn
MONKEYWALL @monkeywall
DELTAJULIETMIKE @DeltaJuliet
THG-R13HIE @Richie massie
GUEVEN-ZAPPELT @Gueven Art
IRT_COLOSSOSR33 @andp132
TRL_LIGHTNING @TRL LIGHTNING
JONTIKIS @jontikis
OMEGA_RT_FOTIS @fotis
PAULTHEGREATGOLF @VR_Paul
TRL_AYHANCAN @Ayhancan1998
LETS_PARTY @luke norris
BALLIST1X @nickg07

KOSTASTEAMJOEST @kostasteam3
I_MAXX_PAIN_I @o0Maxx0o
OMEGA_RT_KOSTAS_B @Kostas83
OMEGA_RT_PANOS_K @Sonic88
IRT_NISSMANR32 @nissman
JFROD52 @Jfrod
DANNYB013 @DannyB013
GTRP_MIRIAL @mirial
VERT_CRAZYJOHN @CrazyJohn
MONKEYWALL @monkeywall
DELTAJULIETMIKE @DeltaJuliet
THG-R13HIE @Richie massie
GUEVEN-ZAPPELT @Gueven Art
IRT_COLOSSOSR33 @andp132
TRL_LIGHTNING @TRL LIGHTNING
JONTIKIS @jontikis
OMEGA_RT_FOTIS @fotis
PAULTHEGREATGOLF @VR_Paul
TRL_AYHANCAN @Ayhancan1998
LETS_PARTY @luke norris
BALLIST1X @nickg07
Yes?

I guess we start next week or week after that?
Test race needed?

I'm in...

But I would prefer some different tracks to what we have done in previous seasons...

I would really like to The Ring in the line up maybe as the final race of the season???

Guys, i may well have a little rest.

I am more than happy if any of you want to take over the running of it.
You can copy and paste all the info from page 1 and start a new thread with it.

I will be about from time to time to help, and race, but i am sort of enjoying the free time away from it right now.

I know Monkey was also keen to be involved with the running of a new sereis.

MONKEYWALL @monkeywall
TRL_AUG @DrAug

I'm certainly up for the races that I'm going to be consistent in (not necessarily competitive!).

Having a few teething problems with this new wheel where most can be sorted, except for the one where the wheel lock-nut itself keeps working loose. I don't like the extreme forces needed to keep everything marginally tight on such a light duty attachment. I'm starting to think a wide range of driving styles weren't tested with it, especially oversteer on high grip roads......unless @TRL_Andromeda can shed any light?!

I will be about from time to time to help, and race, but i am sort of enjoying the free time away from it right now.

I know Monkey was also keen to be involved with the running of a new sereis.

Yep I'm happy to help in anyway I can although i'm enjoying the free time as well. Think i've driven about 1000 less miles this week than any week through out my time at StorageTrunks, nearly beat @Jfrod and @DeltaJuliet in the Mclaren only for the F'ing last corner :lol:. In 2 weeks or so I'll be looking to get back into things again. I'm not sure about taking on the role of race director juet seem's right that it's Logic 👍, not 100% sure about spec's etc. I'm kinda hopeful we'll hear something about a date for GTsport when the F1 starts :nervous: but not counting on it.

For sure in 2 weeks, If there is no word on GTsport or no one else has started up a series, I'll start looking over things and start putting together something. If @nissman isn't up for being the spec's man again would anyone who has more knowledge than this simple gamer else be interested ?

When Gtsport does arrive I'll be off trying the licence's etc for a few week's and getting to know it a bit before looking to race in StroageTrunks again. I think we all will :) who knows what the online PD races will be like. Until we know more about GTSport I guess things are up in the air about a StorageTrunks Championship for GTspot. All I can say is I'd prefer to race with all you guys in other championship when it arrives.

I'm tired and starting to forget what I'm righting :lol: will check back in a few days (maybe edit post above :confused: it makes sense to me :)).

In the mean time guys don't forget how frustratingly fun the series is 👍 and how about a Sunday practice this day next week the 26th the day Max wins :lol: because the Ferraris and Merc's are to busy racing they don't notice him slip by I'll hop on around 1830 (uk) on a track that we haven't raced with maybe some short races.

Before I go
But I would prefer some different tracks to what we have done in previous seasons...
how about we all stick up some suggestion's mine would be ascari not my favourite track but I love to drive it

It's very hard to plan anything for GTSport at the moment @monkeywall. We don't know quite a few things to start even thinking about a series, how the online will be set up, what cars will be in game, whats spec they'll use. Also there will be FIA events, BoP events, national races, etc, we might not even need to set up a series perhaps the game will do it for us.

I also noticed the PURE guys are back, they are also moderators on GTP so might be best to see if they will set up anything in near future. I expect lots of old drivers returning and new ones coming so I think the numbers in GTS will be huge. Also if you guys didn't hear there will be a 22 car grid in GTS so lovely days are coming guys, we been waiting many years to get a proper sim from PD and I think this is finally it! :cool:

If anyone is bored ATM (should be one of the deadly sins!), time could be spent getting used to the cars that will be in GTS. Probably stating the obvious, but I think LMP1 will likely be the premier category for big numbers/pros/experienced drivers, so had a handful of laps and a few offs around the ring the other night to get up to speed.

Actually I think GT3 cars will get huge numbers because there will be over 15 cars to pick for this series. Not sure how many LMP1 cars will be in game but a lot less then GT3 cars, also GT3 cars are easier to drive so I think it will be the popular series for big audience.

I still have a good feeling for Super GT cars to be in game. None of the Gr.2 cars have been shown in GTS yet, and the members in GTP figure that Gr.2 are surely GT500 cars yet to be confirmed in the future.

Anyway GT fever is back!

also GT3 cars are easier to drive so I think it will be the popular series for big audience.

I overlooked that....and yes the Audi was quite a handful immediately having got used to GT500 for so long. I was just amazed at the grip and balance and there is so much scope for fine tuning. Purpose built racing cars really are the business.

Edit: I haven't tried GT3 that much, but they always felt a bit stodgy and I can understand why folk wouldn't want to progress, but like everything else in life, it takes a lot of effort and practice to break out of what people already know. Aside from the whole licensing system that GT have had for years now, I've maintained that a 'racing school' would be a huge benefit to those that want to get to the next level which would automatically condition drivers to get used to driving within a methodical system that would make driving 'difficult' cars a breeze with time. A few have said that those with karting experience have an advantage, and I can understand why - my first hand experience with console racing games was with Ridge Racer Revolution which took weeks to get used to without crashing! But it was a very good initiation...

....which makes me think, a man's relationship with his racing car/setup is no different than with a woman he is comfy with :lol:

Last edited:
Also there will be FIA events, BoP events, national races, etc, we might not even need to set up a series perhaps the game will do it for us.

I've been a little worried about this setup will it do away with seris like this. As I understand it, TT's during the week with races on the weekends. Hopefully it doesn't do away with the commaraderie between all levels of drivers in a series like this. It is there in the WRS but not in the same way. Thurs nights where hilarious :lol: Although I do like the plan that drivers of the same skill level etc will be put together in online races. We just have to wait and see

On a different note I've learned something today while bored at lunch.

1, After finally clicking on Erazer's link for TRL I now know what TRL is :eek: WTF 👍

2, GTRP after a quick search the 1st result was that The GTRP provides resources for gene therapy research primarily in heart, lung, and blood diseases :confused: this isn't to do with racing although further down it's a karting track in Texas

3, a VERT search showed up the expected abbreviation for vertical and the french or old english for green. Thought this result was funny, VERT™ is a virtual environment of a radiotherapy treatment room. Through captivating 3D views and life size visualizations. The holo deck is coming :lol:

Ridge Racer Revolution
brings back memories

bored ATM (should be one of the deadly sins!)

Think I'm being sinful :sly: Boredom could explain the long posts :) I think I'll go try the online races and occupy myself

Last edited:
@monkeywall

Boredom...more in a state of flux ATM!

And as for RRR....that was a long long time ago, unless you bought one of those unloved versions from a charity shop relatively recently :lol:

GTRP - Granturismo Racing Point. A German club that organised time trials back in the GT3, GT4 and Prologue days. They've mostly moved on to other platforms now.

I'm certainly up for the races that I'm going to be consistent in (not necessarily competitive!).

Having a few teething problems with this new wheel where most can be sorted, except for the one where the wheel lock-nut itself keeps working loose. I don't like the extreme forces needed to keep everything marginally tight on such a light duty attachment. I'm starting to think a wide range of driving styles weren't tested with it, especially oversteer on high grip roads......unless @TRL_Andromeda can shed any light?!
Sorry for not responding to this earlier.

I need some more info, what wheel is it and what wheel lock nut?

If its a T300RS, and its the big plastic thingy, just get it as tight as you can by hand, then tighten the little black screw underneath with a screwdriver, get it ALL the way in, I know the manual says just tighten it until you feel resistance, but screw that, all the way in baby! :P

If there is some other nut I dont know about or if its the clampings, then use thread-lock. :)

Last edited:
Sorry for not responding to this earlier.
all the way in baby! :P

:) Thanks Eraz, it is the big plastic thingy. Just show it who's boss....I think it's a one time tighten though. Very bad that Thrustmaster have let this go....all the other screws and fittings are sound, but the most critical one is poo. They should have just put a location hole in the wheel shaft and replaced the self-tapper with a proper set screw. If it wasn't for the warranty, I'd do it now. Must have been a last minute quick fix with targets to meet.

Apart from that, it is much better than the DFGT with braking precisionas you described and steering correction being a little faster too. Suits you I guess :)

BTW, do you know what category you and all the other TRL guys are likely to be doing in GTS?

:) Thanks Eraz, it is the big plastic thingy. Just show it who's boss....I think it's a one time tighten though. Very bad that Thrustmaster have let this go....all the other screws and fittings are sound, but the most critical one is poo. They should have just put a location hole in the wheel shaft and replaced the self-tapper with a proper set screw. If it wasn't for the warranty, I'd do it now. Must have been a last minute quick fix with targets to meet.

Apart from that, it is much better than the DFGT with braking precisionas you described and steering correction being a little faster too. Suits you I guess :)

BTW, do you know what category you and all the other TRL guys are likely to be doing in GTS?
absolutely no idea mate.

I had similar isssues in the beginning, but since I did up that little screw properly, its been going well. It leaves a little hole in the plastic underneath, wich you can re-use, so I'm not sure what you mena by "one time tighten"...

absolutely no idea mate.

I had similar isssues in the beginning, but since I did up that little screw properly, its been going well. It leaves a little hole in the plastic underneath, wich you can re-use, so I'm not sure what you mena by "one time tighten"...

Well, both the nut and screw are T.A.F. now. I used a ring spanner to tighten the nut by the screw because of limited hand space. The large plastic nut is even slightly off-centre on the screw side such is the force :). British Cowboy workmanship at its best.

For any wheel outside warranty, it would be worth it to just drill a blind hole on the threaded shaft where the screw protrudes and has left a mark. Just mark a cut with a scalpel on the wheel shaft and plastic nut to get the exact position when putting back on again. It would never come loose again I can assure you.

One time tighten...well you just have to be careful with self tapping screws as they usually ring the threads when they bottom out at either end!

Hey everyone, hope all is well and life is being good to you.

I was wondering how many would be up for a long endurance race at Nurburgring?

Not sure about what specs to run etc but if there's interest I'm sure something will come about...

Let me know

Not sure about what specs to run etc but if there's interest I'm sure something will come about...

Let me know
I would be, but 90 mins is the maximum really for a circuit like that in my opinion....I just think endurance racing in general is a test of desire, and more often than not, I just mark time and start looking at the clock after an hour :crazy:

Let me know
I would be up for this.:)
I would be, but 90 mins is the maximum really for a circuit like that in my opinion....I just think endurance racing in general is a test of desire, and more often than not, I just mark time and start looking at the clock after an hour :crazy:
Once upon a time I would have agreed with you. But I have done some endurance races in the past that was simply epic. I remember the GTPES 24h of spa, where me and EVO joined up with dgriffin at venator racing to take on TNR. all the planning, sitting in skype with the other drivers watching the stream, so intense. When you give it all, it really becomes something entirely different, you cant sleep thinking what if they crash.

After 24h had passed, we were 40 seconds ahead of TNR to take the win, with Avalerion just 20 seconds behind TNR.

And just to give you an idea of just how intense it was, I managed to pull off fastest lap on the very last lap of the race, at wich point it was over 32 hours since my last proper sleep, I just had 2 hours rest during the night. after the race ended I passed out in the couch and slept for 16 hours.

This ofcourse will not happen on GT6 again, but I do like the idea, its been quite a long time since I did a endurance race. :)

Let me know

I'd be up for something free this Sunday evening after 1830 uk.

You guys do realise its mothers day this Sunday ?

but anyway if you set up something, i am sure people might be interested.

I think a race with damage on could be fun, although maybe not at Nurn 24 hr,
people would quit rather than limp 20 miles to the pit.

You guys do realise its mothers day this Sunday ?

but anyway if you set up something, i am sure people might be interested.

I think a race with damage on could be fun, although maybe not at Nurn 24 hr,
people would quit rather than limp 20 miles to the pit.

Probably won't be this weekend to be honest mate...

@TRL_Andromeda
You're keener than I am mate! Really the main problem for me, is I start making errors after an hour on short circuits (not long ones due to lack of corner frequency), so will likely struggle. You've heard me before, but bumper view really does require higher concentration due to the poorer visibility. It is exhausting keeping that up for longer than an hour with the setups I use. As much as I really enjoy playing GT, I'm usually glad to get off the thing after 2 hours....and persistent use over the course of a day starts to make me feel ill....a gamer in the Far East even died of excessive game play once :eek:

I'd be up for a four hour thing with two one hour stints or similar though.

-So for those interested of taking part in this Endurance Race please post IN.
-If the time or day is an issue we can try to move it so all wanting to take part can.
-I would also like a vote on having a all dry race or weather race so let me know.

- Race will be held on Sunday 2nd...
- Race room will be open at 18:30...
- Race start will be at 19:00 UK time...

Track - 4hrs at Nurburgring Nordschleife.
(With a mandatory 30min break halfway)
Mandatory Break - Confirm your fuel amount & press pause, your 30mins will then start once your car is serviced & dropped down so take note of that time)
Race Start - Random...
Weather - Dry Start - Changeability x15.
Car & Specs - TBC Monday/Tuesday...
Tyres - RH or Less...
Nitrous - Prohibited...
Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited...
Active Steering - Prohibited...
ASM - Available...
Tuning - Available...
Driving Line - Available...
Traction Control - Available...
ABS - Available...

Most others settings will replicate that of the Series settings...

Hopefully there will be a decent turnout after all it is just for fun nothing too serious...

@Daniel199025 I should be up for this will know Weds if I'm free 👍

If ya don't mind could I try the gtr with Silver set up ? can always increase bhp if I'm slow :)

Any one got a tune ?

@Daniel199025 I should be up for this will know Weds if I'm free 👍

If ya don't mind could I try the gtr with Silver set up ? can always increase bhp if I'm slow :)

Any one got a tune ?

I was going to pick a car that we didn't use in the series but if everyone that's in for the race don't mind then we can all run the Gtr ? that's not a problem mate

Latest Posts

Back