OPEN FOR ENTRIES - START DATE ON HOLD - GT500 SERIES ENDURANCE SERIES - Monday Nights 18:30UKFinished 

Dan, its going to be a late finish, 4 hours after a 19.00 start, will be very late for our friends in Europe.

Just a thought ?

Dan, its going to be a late finish, 4 hours after a 19.00 start, will be very late for our friends in Europe.

Just a thought ?

Yeah I know was trying to keep it close to the usual time we run in the Series based on the fact most could do this time... But I am happy to change it to suit everyone racing...

Last edited:
I think early-mid Sunday afternoon would suit many given the numbers I've seen in room at that time. Plus going to bed immediately after racing is like drinking Red Bull for a nightcap hehe.

Not an issue we can start whenever I'm not fuzzed just need some numbers of who's racing really

I was going to pick a car that we didn't use in the series

I don't mind which car we drive and time isn't a problem 👍. Although being a casual I can't tell 1 week to the next when I'm working but with a weeks heads up I could just tell work I'm not available ;) Had a phone call today might be changing job in the next few weeks typical hours 9-5, M-F giving me the ablity to plan my better hopefully in time for GTSport and fingers crossed the 1st StorageTrunks series. It's a driving job unfortunately it's only a white van :lol: not 100% yet.

For those that can watch bbc iplayer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08jqfqx/sign/crash-and-burn

amazing story about Tommy Byrne

Certainly a big loss to F1, but it seems only a few of the pundits are sorry about it. F1 missed some potentially very great battles and Senna probably wouldn't have bothered being enemies with Prost! He had a huge chip on his shoulder, and understandably, but must have also wondered how things would have gone had he played the oily politician and sucked up to McLaren after blowing everyone away in that one-off test. The second mistake was going to the US, instead of hanging around in Europe for a last chance.

PS:- Are we still racing tomorrow? Thread is very quiet....not much enthusiasm at all amongst anybody ATM it seems!

Last edited:
To be honest, i am not ready yet to get back in the saddle,
i am so enjoying the last few weeks getting the garden and all the little jobs i kept putting aside done.

I am sure if something was set up then i might well have a little practice and join in if it was a Sunday afternoon night ?

Who is the man-men setting it up ?

To be honest, i am not ready yet to get back in the saddle,
i am so enjoying the last few weeks getting the garden and all the little jobs i kept putting aside done.

I am sure if something was set up then i might well have a little practice and join in if it was a Sunday afternoon night ?

Who is the man-men setting it up ?

I'm happy to postpone it for another week or two.

I would take the initiative, except I don't have much of an idea or any previous experience of what car(s) to use that will suit everyone.

I did schedule the race for tmr but I didn't really get many reply's as to who was interested... I now have other plans this weekend unfortunately but I'm sure we can reschedule for another week...

Me and @Daniel199025 was planning for a one off nurburgring endurance race, most likely a sunday afternoon, and most likely GT1 cars
The race wil concist of a 4 hour race with mandatory 30 min break, so 3:30 driving time in total.
More details soon.

Ok, with stock setup as well?

BTW, what group are you and all the other TRL guys likely to do in GTS?

Ok, with stock setup as well?

BTW, what group are you and all the other TRL guys likely to do in GTS?
Possibly, needs further testing, stock can be a pain at nurb... But stock is the aim. If we can find the right cars.

Really dont know, all of them? :lol:

Really dont know, all of them? :lol:

I was rather hoping you would say Group 1! I'm just not really a fan of heavy cars...I think they inhibit drivers far too much.

BTW, I was on for an hour the other night....the wheel hasn't come loose yet, so it looks as though the torque value you provided for the screw was the right one :lol:

If i had a choice - which i dont as i will go with whatever you decide - i would go for something like a renault megane, as i can smash that into the barriers at a softer pace - Also full damage would be good too ?

But i will go with whatever you choose.

I'd be up for a full damage race sure, but I dont like the dirty part, dont really see the fun in virtual bumpercars...

I said it for a bit of a laugh, but second thoughts, some of us might end up not speaking for a few days, or never again :(

I only asked about what category you and the other aliens etc were doing because I just assumed Gr.1 would likely be the premier category as there is no F1 or GT500 and everyone else would likely, or try to follow suit. Having driven the Audi for a bit, I believe that many of us are missing out for lots of reasons....and also PD go to extremes to model these things as closely as they can.

I assume the number of players will be huge once the online starts in GTS, so I think you will have plently of chances to race in any car group you will set your mind too in GTS @mirial, the grids will be packed, (latest info is the grids will actually be up to 25 cars) so the endurance races will be surely more interesting than with 12-14 car grids in GT6. Personally the 25 car grid is the best new feature together with insane graphics for me. Just imagine starting 22nd after bad Q then working your way up to the front in an endurance race, something we didn't experiance in previous GT's with grids usualy being very small for endurance racing.

On the GT3 cars, I'm also not a fan, they seems very heavy and corner lazy cars. When it comes to Gr.1 cars I'm also not a huge fan al tho they are certanly more fun to drive but the racing in these fast cars is usually not on a high level, the faster the cars the bigger the gaps, also braking paths are very short so very difficult to pass.

All my hopes go to Gr.2, I am 98% sure these will be GT500 cars updated later in the game. PD was sound testing the Lexus RCF for GTS - Link

So I'd say things are looking good for us GT500 fans. Also I think we will still have to organise our own championships in GTS. As I understand there will only be quick matches and few other FIA GT events here and there but if we'll want to have a proper GT500 series we'll have to set it up our selfs.

I suggets we don't go to quiet around here, we might be racing again sooner then expected. :cheers:

@nissman
I appreciate what you say about LMP type cars and that's why I thought GT500 was the best category in GT - as far as I know, it offers the best compromise between being an ability leveller and the cars being fun with a good choice of fairly equal cars mixed with setup variation.

You don't seem to be optimistic about GTS, so maybe see you soon!

Back