[OPEN + LIMITED SPACES] European GT2 Series 2 - Finale 23rd October at Ring VLN!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 394 comments
I'm jealous of you not spinning on lap 1. :D

Btw, on my pace at Zandvoort. I fund massive gains on race day with tunning, I went very soft on suspension setting at this very bumby track and few other adjustments got me almost a second! I was amazed at how much a good tune helps in AC. But it seems that you have to make a completly new tune for every track which is the way it should be in reality.

I'm now noticing that the basic stock setups are pretty slow in AC. A few good tweeks can get you seconds.
Any tips? Could do with some help on setting up the vett I'm starting to go backwards

Can we all have some of that sweet Nissman setup? I'm trying to figure out whether to go for my zandvoort set up again or a net setup I found. The Zandvoort one is faster currently.

will try this setup for sure.

found a 1'34'0xx right after having done a 6 lap online race in which i did 1'34'2xx. those 6 laps being my first Vallelunga-Vette experience. I really don't know the track at all yet. Still a bit hit or miss. Need to refine braking points and turn entry points big time but unfortunately i have so little time this weekend. gotta work... :(

what would you guys advise: I'm in doubt whether I would buy PC2 or not. I really didn't like PC1 but still the amount of content is tempting... on the other hand I like AC a real lot so maybe I'm thinking to get the PC version of it. I have tried some of the MOD tracks on PC and oh boy some are really good. Also the online experience seems to be quite better.

I think I'm going to wait til Gt Sport to make a decision.

I'm a pretty loyal Gran Turismo fan and GT Sport looks pretty snazzy, so I'll see how that reviews before I make a decision.
F1 2017 looked pretty good too, considering all future cars will have halos.

I’ve been on pcars2 today, in my opinion it is really very good. Not got a wheel, but the controller handling is better than any previous game for me, I can repeatably power slide in the wet, which has never been possible on any game before for me.

Overall The content is very good, the career mode seems well done and the handling is great, not tried online yet though. Depends wh you didn’t get on with pc 1, if it was handling then I’d say try pc2

I’ve been on pcars2 today, in my opinion it is really very good. Not got a wheel, but the controller handling is better than any previous game for me, I can repeatably power slide in the wet, which has never been possible on any game before for me.

Overall The content is very good, the career mode seems well done and the handling is great, not tried online yet though. Depends wh you didn’t get on with pc 1, if it was handling then I’d say try pc2

yes it was handling and feel of the car on the track but with a wheel...

I'm putting a public server for vallelunga up 8f anyone wishes to partake only going to be up for an hour or so. Off to watch Mother.

Euro GT2

will try this setup for sure.

found a 1'34'0xx right after having done a 6 lap online race in which i did 1'34'2xx. those 6 laps being my first Vallelunga-Vette experience. I really don't know the track at all yet. Still a bit hit or miss. Need to refine braking points and turn entry points big time but unfortunately i have so little time this weekend. gotta work... :(

what would you guys advise: I'm in doubt whether I would buy PC2 or not. I really didn't like PC1 but still the amount of content is tempting... on the other hand I like AC a real lot so maybe I'm thinking to get the PC version of it. I have tried some of the MOD tracks on PC and oh boy some are really good. Also the online experience seems to be quite better.
I've seen a lot of reviews on pc2 most say only some cars u get good ffb

Here's my lap + setup.

Nice lap @nissman 👍

I just managed to break into the 33's last night, probably more by luck than skill! Here's hoping I can keep it up for raceday ;)

With regards to PCARS2, I will no doubt pick this up, just for track count alone! However I'm in no rush right now, happy to carry on with AC.

I do however plan to get GTS for launch day (pre-ordered), I've always enjoyed the GT series, love the photo mode stuff, and now it offers a couple of things none of the other big contenders do... paintshop & VR.
It might not be a fully fleshed out VR mode, but I've had a real blast using DriveClub VR, so looking forward to having another, and hopefully higher quality racer in my collection supporting it.

As for which game gives us the best experience online, remains to be seen.

@pies1123 might be on in 10 mind if your still around.

Well that was pointless. Who let the riff raff in?

Reaper, that off into the hairpin was a sore loser side swiping me into you.

Thought I'd mount a recovery drive until some muppet that had stolen Andrew's Beamer thought he'd torpedo me out of the last corner after inviting me through.

Not to mention the reprobate in a yellow Ferrari that took me out when I was .750 up on my quali time.

**** public servers.​

**** public servers.​
I hope the licences in project cars 2 work because this could make online so much better. Might be able to get clean races without having to organise races.
Yesterday I was racing at Nurbergring and was taken out by a car driving the wrong way on the straight.

Well that was pointless. Who let the riff raff in?

Reaper, that off into the hairpin was a sore loser side swiping me into you.

Thought I'd mount a recovery drive until some muppet that had stolen Andrew's Beamer thought he'd torpedo me out of the last corner after inviting me through.

Not to mention the reprobate in a yellow Ferrari that took me out when I was .750 up on my quali time.

**** public servers.​

No worries dude, it was all kind of pointless for me too, as someone picked up the wrong keys and drove off in my Ferrari ;)

I don't know some people...

That beemer has good brakes though as I nearly took out @MightyL at the start, :eek: :embarrassed: I managed to navigate round him though. :dopey:

No worries dude, it was all kind of pointless for me too, as someone picked up the wrong keys and drove off in my Ferrari ;)

I don't know some people...

That beemer has good brakes though as I nearly took out @MightyL at the start, :eek: :embarrassed: I managed to navigate round him though. :dopey:

i was jut a bit overly careful as i had no idea yet about at what entry speed i cd tackle that corner. but overall I had good consistent pace. i think the lobby settings were not andrew's either as grip seemed less. laptimes were slower.

With regards to PCARS2, I will no doubt pick this up, just for track count alone!

Yeah, scrap that last comment... I think I will very cautiously consider buying PCARS2... If at all.

Am Not hearing good things from friends who are/have been playing it today!

:scared:

Proceed with caution, Icy conditions ahead!

Dude, welcome back 👍. Wasn't sure if you were returning after missing first race.
Couldn't remember if you were PCARS2 bound either!
Thanks hobbsy:cheers:, It's great to be back. I will be getting PCARS2, but I will have to wait till next month:tup::)

hm. found time for another 2 laps on Valle this weekend. It's not looking very good for me. Don't know the track well enough to let muscle memory do the trick and pushing for faster laptimes results in alot of mistakes. Tomorrow I work for 12 hours. Hope I'll make it in one piece for the race...

Back