[OPEN + LIMITED SPACES] European GT2 Series 2 - Finale 23rd October at Ring VLN!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 394 comments
No worries, it happens.

Just can't catch a break in this series always drama in the first lap..

Very well driven @MightyL, nice job. I think I had the pace to maybe catch you but had a half spin with 7 laps to go and my chance for a win were done. Still happy with two podiums and a good point position but having 2 poles in 2 races with no wins stings a bit.

That was intense, I was very late on brakes, honestly I thought we'd have a heavier contact but it was just the slightest of touches at the end. GR 👍

I hoped you had either outbraked yourself and I would see you sail off into the run off, so I planned to do the cut back, or you bailed out and the inside was clear....
Unfortunately for me you got it right, so just a little love tap to tell me you were there (it was probably from me turning in aswell).

Well earned, you must be driving like a beast to make up all that time!

Were you Vett guys on mediums then?

Sorry was trying to let you past but you took an earlier turn into the left kink than I was expected when we were still half overlapped

We had one of the coolest coming togethers I've ever had. Thought you were letting me through! I'll put my hand up for contributing to that for being so naïve

I hoped you had either outbraked yourself and I would see you sail off into the run off, so I planned to do the cut back, or you bailed out and the inside was clear....
Unfortunately for me you got it right, so just a little love tap to tell me you were there (it was probably from me turning in aswell).

I was on soft but no where near as fast the the others

Results! cubertom and mightylieven are tied at the top but Nissman isn't very far behind! Next week is 17 laps of Spa so strap in and take on Eau Rouge at full throttle! Have a picture from the 24H this year from me to get you excited!

Attachments

• Series 2 Points and Results.xlsx
    15.2 KB · Views: 19
  • P1019226.jpg
    P1019226.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 11
No worries, it happens.

Just can't catch a break in this series always drama in the first lap..

Very well driven @MightyL, nice job. I think I had the pace to maybe catch you but had a half spin with 7 laps to go and my chance for a win were done.

you sure have the pace nissman, you sure do.

i'm starting to see a bit of the faster guys' style n technique showing through. nissman insanely quick but unstable with some mistakes, patient in overtaking. cubertom very intelligent driving and pretty determined. bit on the hard side in holding or taking positions. not as fast as nissman but to me he s the championship favorite. me I m not that fast but i m consistent and really keeping an eye on what the others are doing. that helps...

2 sets of softs here. Weren't yellow when I pitted halfway through but wouldn't have been that long. Tyres didn't want to overheat in the race like they did in testing for some reason.

I was on the mediums, seemed like the best long run tyre but my rights were stone cold whole race so I was losing some time in left corners.

i'm starting to see a bit of the faster guys' style n technique showing through. nissman insanely quick but unstable with some mistakes, patient in overtaking. cubertom very intelligent driving and pretty determined. bit on the hard side in holding or taking positions. not as fast as nissman but to me he s the championship favorite. me I m not that fast but i m consistent and really keeping an eye on what the others are doing. that helps...
I should be a bit more patient. I tried to get past nissman at the start and build a gap as i suspected he was on mediums due to his pace on lap 1 and would be faster at the end of the race.

Well I got spun today, didn't make much mistakes other than a half spin that lost me a few seconds. We'll see how your predictions turn out. :)

I was on the mediums, seemed like the best long run tyre but my rights were stone cold whole race so I was losing some time in left corners.

I tried the mediums at Zandvoort but my pressures were set for the softs so all 4 tyres were cold and wouldn't keep any heat. Softs seem to be the best option if you can get them to last the distance.

OMG oooo ow YES YES YES!! Did this really happen? I only had like 4 hours of sleep and worked for 12 hours today. In the end I almost couldn't see the track anymore. I was in some kind of tunnel lol. Damn @hobbsy hobbs seeing you in my mirror for like 16 or so laps was just so amazing. I set my downforce really low, thats why i was getting away in the straights mate. Thought that would be a smart thing to do. That's why at the start I was able to overtake Tom for a short instant. Consequently, the hairpins were really hard to get right. understeery mess...
Need to find a solution to the fact that my race pace is actually quicker than my qualifying although I was on Mediums for the race and SS for quali. something s not right there...

Nice moves lap one @Cuber Tom, going deep in the corner and cutting right back getting more speed out of the corner and challenging Nissman. Nice to see it happen right in front of me.

It was hard work trying to keep up, and everytime I'd make up some ground, the next lap I'd push too hard and loose it again.

My laptimes were up and down pretty much all race long.

I did manage to make my tyres last though, I think they were still in the yellow by the end, and my penultimate lap, trying to stick with @nissman would have been under 1:35. So there was still some life left. But you could feel that you could not lean on them too much, and applying the throttle had to be more measured.

Laters all.

Last edited:

Highlights of my race:
00:00 - Fastest Quaily Lap
01:50 - Race Start
03:05 - Crash with Nissman
03:38 - Clipping inside curb and spin after contact with Andrew + ROBQT crash
04:00 - Overtaking ROBQT
05:35 - Pies mistake
05:55 - Overtaking Andrew
06:35 - Overtaking (+contact?) Twiggllett
07:15 - Overtaking Wittledave
08:00 - Ricky spin
08:15 - Chequered Flag
08:35 - Race results + gaps

My last 15 minutes.
Includes ROBQT and Twigglett coming together, chase down and pass on Wittedave.

One day I'll get the whole race captured

My last 15 minutes.
Includes ROBQT and Twigglett coming together, chase down and pass on Wittedave.

One day I'll get the whole race captured

Nice!... but I didn't like the way you push me off.... 5:20. but no prob its racing! see ya next week!

i misjudged it, i thought you were going to run wider than you did

Looking at your on board video, I didn't even come close to cutting you off on the inside. You were half a car lenght behind mid corner, than probably with better grip on softs just ran into my rear going out of corner.
Not sure why you also had to force the issue to go 3 wide in last corner causing even more issues..Frankly if this was the series we ran in GT6 you would get proper penalty for you lap 1 driving there mate.

As this is a series with no penalty system, I hope people don't start taking this to their advantage.

Looking at your on board video, I didn't even come close to cutting you off on the inside. You were half a car lenght behind mid corner, than probably with better grip on softs just ran into my rear going out of corner.
You didn't cut me off. I thought you were going to be on the power earlier than you were. It was completely my fault, which is why I waited for you to get back past before rejoining.

Not sure why you also had to force the issue to go 3 wide in last corner causing even more issues.
The move was aggressive, but it I hadn't clipped the sausage kerb on the inside the move would have been done cleanly.
If I could go back and do it again I would still go for that move, I'd just make sure I didn't hit the kerb.
ROBQT was unlucky to hit me when I spun from the kerb, but since it was my fault I let him rejoin before me.

I think it's clear from my footage I didn't gain any advantage by taking anyone out.

The move was aggressive, but it I hadn't clipped the sausage kerb on the inside the move would have been done cleanly.
If I could go back and do it again I would still go for that move, I'd just make sure I didn't hit the kerb.
ROBQT was unlucky to hit me when I spun from the kerb, but since it was my fault I let him rejoin before me.

What bothered me here is, two corners after you spun me you were already trying to get pass me again. My tyres were still hot after the spin you caused. Normally a driver waits atlest a sector untill they atack again especially somebody they spun just moments before.

I think it's clear from my footage I didn't gain any advantage by taking anyone out.

Yeah you didn't, but I lost the lead on first lap and probably the win.

We are all very very competitive in this series I myself have been rushing a bit to make passes aswell as everyone, think a little more patience from all and try to give little more room being online more space is needed anyway, the races are long enough to catch up my race was ruined totally but the best fun so far, might sound cheesy but it's the taking part that counts :) can't wait till spa

Back