[ORA] WEC. Final Results Brutaka LMP champion, TNR Filo GTC championOpen 

Great to have a win down. Definitely made an impression but now its time to sort out the regs again for the LMP cars as the Nissan is struggling a little bit.
Also, we need more GT drivers to compete.
If the GT field is as lack lustre as the test race I'd like to become a Nissan GTR LM reserve
WE doo need GT drivers to race and not skip or leave the race. I was expecting more of the GT drivers to show. The LMP cars are good when it come to top speed but the nissan struggles the most in cornering. The toyota is a bit quicker than the Audi but it's a simple adjustment.

Once @TNR_KING_FILO was the only GT driver left I was surprised he didn't just box the car and sit out the end of the race since he wouldn't lose anything. Then again I guess he was getting some more time with the car (I know he races it in GTPES too).

I liked the addition of GT cars as it made the LMP action more interesting but yes, we need more of them.

TNT's pit exit on the final lap was quite dangerous as well; I had just enough time to get out of the way but I saw @rcb929 hit him hard in my mirrors.

Once @TNR_KING_FILO was the only GT driver left I was surprised he didn't just box the car and sit out the end of the race since he wouldn't lose anything. Then again I guess he was getting some more time with the car (I know he races it in GTPES too).

I liked the addition of GT cars as it made the LMP action more interesting but yes, we need more of them.

TNT's pit exit on the final lap was quite dangerous as well; I had just enough time to get out of the way but I saw @rcb929 hit him hard in my mirrors.
It's only the preseason. My thoughts are exactly about the GT class we need more drivers to show up. Had one person leave but hopefully more will be able to attend the next race. The game throws you out of pit lane like that it's odd I almost got into several people exiting cause the game does that.

I do not want to see any Anthony Davidsons on track (2010 Le Mans). Cause multiple incidents through out the season with other drivers then you will be replaced by another driver (This goes for GTC drivers as well). Driver safely.

Hey, why do you bring up Anthony Davidson in Le Mans? It wasn't his fault, the 908 was just too fast and he was on a mission... The ending of the race for his team was incredibly dissapointing... I don't believe the incidents weren't even major...

Sorry guys, wasn't able to make preseason. A few events might be tough for me because work schedules are getting moved around.

Here's a couple pictures I took
uxch9jqCHssB0FX8e_0.jpg LBbgPoXT2xs4XVd0Wv_0.jpg l2fcZmT3fqb43NexTe_0.jpg

Looking at the timing board he had done 2 more stops then you and brutaka. Who knows what would have happened if he didn't have any incidents?

He's a PRO driver; in a race where there's no incidents he should be beating me and Bru on pace alone :)
You looked like you where caching brutaka, what happened? I swear you where 2 seconds of at around half way.

You looked like you where caching brutaka, what happened? I swear you where 2 seconds of at around half way.
In short I pitted 10 minutes in and did 40 minutes on RM while he was on RH, the gain stopped when we were both on RM and by the end he was catching me as my tyres went off.

I'd have lost by 4 seconds had I not run out of fuel.

In short I pitted 10 minutes in and did 40 minutes on RM while he was on RH, the gain stopped when we were both on RM and by the end he was catching me as my tyres went off.

I'd have lost by 4 seconds had I not run out of fuel.
you ran out of fuel? i didn't know that, unlucky.

on Pcars i had to make 1 Ltr of fuel last a lap only to get DQ as you need fuel to do your virtual fuel check! it was annoying as i had lead the race every lap!

ING6ZXaCALFXf2vpb_0.jpg

That was a productive pre-season, already have the car handling the way I like and got a lot of useful data from the race itself.

Pre-Event:
With no other championship obligations I had plenty of time to practice for this one and ended up spending 4+ hours across multiple days refining the car until it performed the way I wanted. Pace on RH was good and RMs were quite consistent.​

Qualifying:
The longer session gave me plenty of time to find clean air and get the tyres scrubbed into optimum working conditions. I started on RH and immediately pitted for RM while @rcb929 and @Brutaka traded Pole times. After a while I got into a good rhythm and eventually beat @rcb929's time to end up as the fastest Audi.

2nd

Race:
For the first few laps I challenged @Brutaka for the lead before a minor slip-up dropped me to 3rd.

After 10 minutes I was 6 seconds down and knew that the Toyota would be quicker over a stint so I rolled the dice and changed to a 2-stop RH/RM/RM strategy. That put me down in 4th/5th but once I got up to speed I was catching the leaders at a rapid pace and by the time @Brutaka made his stop I had cut the gap down to 2 seconds and took the lead momentarily.

With my lead already dropping I made my second stop and had to fuel the car short in an attempt to pull off the undercut and emerge in the lead. Unfortunately it didn't work and I ended up 2 seconds behind but in a comfortable P2. He started to pull away but with 20 minutes to go he pitted again; if I could stay out and hold my pace I could take an unlikely win.

As the minutes ticked down so did the gap to P2 as he was pulling a second a lap on me. That forced me to push harder which meant I was getting more and more marginal on fuel, and with 2 laps to go I ran out. Running the numbers I would have finished P2 with a 4-6 second gap to @Brutaka had I taken extra fuel, but I'd rather fight for a win than settle for 2nd ;)

I pitted after running empty and lost P2 to @rcb929, but got enough data to better prepare myself for the season ahead.

3rd

Overall it was a good session, but some changes clearly need to be made to the LMPs to further balance them out. I'll write up some feedback privately on that.

ING6ZXaCALFXf2vpb_0.jpg

That was a productive pre-season, already have the car handling the way I like and got a lot of useful data from the race itself.

Pre-Event:
With no other championship obligations I had plenty of time to practice for this one and ended up spending 4+ hours across multiple days refining the car until it performed the way I wanted. Pace on RH was good and RMs were quite consistent.​

Qualifying:
The longer session gave me plenty of time to find clean air and get the tyres scrubbed into optimum working conditions. I started on RH and immediately pitted for RM while @rcb929 and @Brutaka traded Pole times. After a while I got into a good rhythm and eventually beat @rcb929's time to end up as the fastest Audi.

2nd

Race:
For the first few laps I challenged @Brutaka for the lead before a minor slip-up dropped me to 3rd.

After 10 minutes I was 6 seconds down and knew that the Toyota would be quicker over a stint so I rolled the dice and changed to a 2-stop RH/RM/RM strategy. That put me down in 4th/5th but once I got up to speed I was catching the leaders at a rapid pace and by the time @Brutaka made his stop I had cut the gap down to 2 seconds and took the lead momentarily.

With my lead already dropping I made my second stop and had to fuel the car short in an attempt to pull off the undercut and emerge in the lead. Unfortunately it didn't work and I ended up 2 seconds behind but in a comfortable P2. He started to pull away but with 20 minutes to go he pitted again; if I could stay out and hold my pace I could take an unlikely win.

As the minutes ticked down so did the gap to P2 as he was pulling a second a lap on me. That forced me to push harder which meant I was getting more and more marginal on fuel, and with 2 laps to go I ran out. Running the numbers I would have finished P2 with a 4-6 second gap to @Brutaka had I taken extra fuel, but I'd rather fight for a win than settle for 2nd ;)

I pitted after running empty and lost P2 to @rcb929, but got enough data to better prepare myself for the season ahead.

3rd

Overall it was a good session, but some changes clearly need to be made to the LMPs to further balance them out. I'll write up some feedback privately on that.
It was a good preseason I'm going to PM all the LMP teams about the specs of the cars and what needs to happen for the balancing of the cars especially for the Nissan. From there the teams together will make a decision.

ING6ZXaCALFXf2vpb_0.jpg

Pre-Event:

Qualifying:

2nd

Race:

3rd

FYI, I qualified on RH. Still felt I had 2 tenths left on the lap.

I had a feeling you did, and your RM pace proved it.

Will you be the primary reserve driver for Audi then this season?

ORA WEC Round 1: 6 hour simulation of Silverstone (1.5)

Join the [ORA] Online Racing Association club for the ORA WEC series championship. We will not use the ORA WEC club.

To reply, press "post reply" then delete the qoutes at the end of the reply then cut your name from "unconfirmed" and paste it in "confirmed" if you are racing or "cannot attend" if you cannot make
gt6-silverstone-gp-12.jpg

All Drivers: Keep yourselves updated with any spec changes that happen. I will make announcements on the thread but if you miss the announcement just go to the OP on this thread and view teams and specs. Also, drivers make sure you keep yourselves informed about our series. After specs check you cannot leave the track cause the race starts right after specs check. You must stay on track. You cannot use the chat box at all. Understand that you will be penalized for doing this. There are penalties in this series please read the penalties on the OP at IPO penalty spoiler. Also, driver's briefing has been updated on OP.

Unconfirmed

FutureF1 | FutureF1
PJTierney | PJTierney
CodDemon101 | CodDemon101
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
andp132 | AndroR35
James Cooper | coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior | SSJGZWarrior
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
Ramalhinho91 | Ramalhinho91
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
Pubs16 | pubes16
Dan181295 | Danni_Boi181295
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
twodogsgolden | twodogsgolden
SK8RBOI | FRS_SK8R
RodeRuner1967 | T-n-T-2000
LITTLEBLACKO | LITTLEBLACKO932
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed

Cannot Attend

I'll be there for Silverstone. Father's Day is the 21st, can we postpone this race?
Everybody has schedules to play around at some point. I am going to miss July 5 for example.

I take it the season is too short for dropped scores?

Everybody has schedules to play around at some point. I am going to miss July 5 for example.

I take it the season is too short for dropped scores?
I'm not sure. GTCup had drop scores and it was only 5 rounds so it's not completely out of the question.
This series has drop scores, its in the Incident reporting/points/IPO penalty spoiler. Under rules.

The difference here however is that you have 1 race each week with Le Mans then being a double.

If you have dropped scores somebody who misses Le Mans essentially loses 2 races whereas someone who misses Silverstone only drops 1.

Dropped scores only really work when each week you can potentially get the same number of points. Otherwise a simple scheduling conflict could greatly advantage one driver over another simply because he does not miss the double.

I think the fairest way would be to have no dropped scores because of the event format we are using, and if people can't make a certain week then that's their loss.

The difference here however is that you have 1 race each week with Le Mans then being a double.

If you have dropped scores somebody who misses Le Mans essentially loses 2 races whereas someone who misses Silverstone only drops 1.

Dropped scores only really work when each week you can potentially get the same number of points. Otherwise a simple scheduling conflict could greatly advantage one driver over another simply because he does not miss the double.

I think the fairest way would be to have no dropped scores because of the event format we are using, and if people can't make a certain week then that's their loss.
I will make that change then. It would be the fairest way since it is double points.

I will make that change then. It would be the fairest way since it is double points.
👍

Dropped scores make sense given the way that online racing is laid out, but it's not something that works with double points in afraid.

Back