[ORA] WEC. Final Results Brutaka LMP champion, TNR Filo GTC championOpen 

image.jpg
image.jpg

Good race for the LMPs despite the small attendance overall; was very close for the first hour :)

WOW! What a race! I would like to preface this by saying my leg was in pain for pretty much the entire race. I did consider pulling out at one point due to the pain but I'm glad I stayed in it. I'm still amazed that I was able to snatch pole by something like 7 tenths. After qualy, I decided to start the race on the Hard tires thanks to @PJTierney 's brilliant strategy. Thanks to some trouble in traffic for @SSJGZWarrior and @Brutaka, and some pretty good laps by myself, I was able to keep up with those two who did the first stint on RMs. Once we all made our stops, I was sitting 4th behind PJ who jumped me in the pit rotation and we began our charge. Cutting something like 2 seconds per sector, we caught up with the leaders in just 3 laps. After that, we had a brilliant 4 way battle going down the hangar straight where thankfully, I came out on top. After that, it was about managing the rest of the race to lead home an Audi 1-2!
What a race me and coops strategy was to run away on RM at the beginning of the race and use each others draft and push each other down the straights. In practice we were able to get low 49s and high 48s by doing that. He couldn't make it but I know the car is very good on worn tires. However, an incident at the start of the race put damage on my car and I was only running 1:50s way off pace to what I should be running. Was thinking of running a three stopper but thought that would be too risky pitting in for a third time. When getting on RH noticed that the Audis were charging. I knew they were on RM so I let them by, and I did my battle with Brutaka got around and tried to charge but in the process used too much fuel and had to come in.

Round 2 Race report
Pre-Race
I started off on the wrong foot by having a lot to do this week and I was even wary on me being able to attend the event. I was only able to practice for 2 hours max, almost a third less than what I had for MidField. Thanks to me not practicing enough I couldn't make an adequate strategy and had to just wing it, I choose to run on RMs so that I can see how long they'll last and then work off of that. Lastly, I've never been too good at Silverstone but I always seem to have fantastic battles here in which I did but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Qually
Overall it was a very bad session for me, I had pitted more times than I had wished, I got into an accident with a GT driver, and I qualified last in LMP. I was also disheartened to see that I was over a second slower than the rest of the field. It was gonna be a long race....

Race
Even with my flimsy qualifying performance I still thought I had a good chance at a decent result. Right off the bat I overtook @SSJGZWarrior for 3rd and sat behind the leaders for a few laps until we made it a 3-way battle, thanks to my RM tires I was able to fight my way to the lead and kept my pursuers at bay for the majority of the first half until I had an accident with @Charlie A, The tire indicator told me that I had damage but I felt nothing and even posted my fastest lap during this time. I had noticed that my RM tires were lasting a LOT longer than I expected and I made it halfway through the race on them, this had unfortunately threw out my initial 2-stop plan. I pitted for RH tires and a 4-way battle ensued, once everyone hot in front of me they just drove off and left me in the dust. Discouraged by these results I started to make a few stupid mistakes and furthered the gap, pretty disappointing results considering the potential I have with this car. I'll be sure to get my stuff together in time for Le Mans.

6COJLT2f7pcOOFl3L_0.jpg

That went rather well, good battle in LMP despite the lack of GT drivers present.

Pre-Event:
Following the Mid-Field race I knew there were a bunch of things I needed to improve on in terms of setup ans strategy, so I spent a few evenings before race-day dealing with those. The Mid-Field setup was a little heavy on corner exit so a new base setup was required, which after some testing worked out pretty well.

On Saturday I did a full race simulation and was able to map out an optimum race strategy for the team from that.​

Qualifying:
Nothing too fancy here, pitted for RM right away and then started pumping in laps. I knew from practice that my best laps were about 5 or 6 into a stint, so I just kept going until the clock ran out. I knew I couldn't beat @FutureF1 but I was happy to be ahead of @Brutaka.

3rd

Race:
With cold tyres at the start of the race I lost P3 to @Brutaka right away and dropped to about 5 seconds behind the leading trio, where I remained for the next 40 minutes before pitting on schedule, jumping @FutureF1 as I made my stop.

With both of us on fresh RM tyres we set about chasing @Brutaka and @SSJGZWarrior and caught them almost immediately. I wasn't sure what tyres they started out on but once the 4 of us were in a lead pack I knew they were now on RH.

A 4-way battle ensued for a few laps before us Audis pulled away, with @FutureF1 1 second ahead of me. We pretty much stayed in formation for the final half hour as despite my best efforts I couldn't bring the gap under a second at all. To be honest I was surprised I could keep up with him considering he's normally a second quicker than me in equal conditions.

As the tyres faded I eased up in the final 10 minutes, and brought the car home for a well-earned podium finish.

2nd

I'm concerned about the low attendance numbers we had last night. Having all 4 LMP drivers battling for the win was great but the GT race seemed rather lonely with 3 drivers essentially running on their own. This series needs more GT drivers present, not only to make the GT field more competitive but to make the LMP battles more exciting.

I am going to miss Le Mans due to a scheduling conflict (which also means there's no point in me competing in the test) but if attendances don't improve in the coming weeks I may as well drop out of the series after Spa. This will be my final GT6 season anyway as I'm taking a sabbatical from online racing but I'm hoping it will be a well-attended and competitive one over the next few weeks.

Hello, pardon my ignorance but is there still any way I could get my hands on an Audi R18 for this pending my schedule works out?

Hello, pardon my ignorance but is there still any way I could get my hands on an Audi R18 for this pending my schedule works out?
I think PJ said he might be leaving after Spa. We do have a reserve driver(I think), but you could be the reserve for Le Mans and onward.

I'm 19th in USA for GTAcademy right now. I really hope it holds until tomorrow. I can't seem to get quicker than my 26 flat. Post your current times.

I won't be here for Le Mans or its Test Day. The races after that I'm undecided on.
As of now we are looking for more GT drivers cause not all of the GT drivers can attend the races so we are in need of drivers for GTC. However, if PJ does withdraw then Audi LMP will need a replacement. Maybe even Toyota. As of now GTC drivers are what we need.

ORA WEC Round 2: 6 hour simulation of Spa Francorchamps (1.5)

Join the [ORA] Online Racing Association club for the ORA WEC series championship. We will not use the ORA WEC club.
To reply, press "post reply" then delete the qoutes at the end of the reply then cut your name from "unconfirmed" and paste it in "confirmed" if you are racing or "cannot attend" if you cannot make
f1-spa-francorchamps-preview-mgp.jpg

All Drivers: Keep yourselves updated with any spec changes that happen. I will make announcements on the thread but if you miss the announcement just go to the OP on this thread and view teams and specs. Also, drivers make sure you keep yourselves informed about our series. After specs check you cannot leave the track cause the race starts right after specs check. You must stay on track. You cannot use the chat box at all. Understand that you will be penalized for doing this. There are penalties in this series please read the penalties on the OP at IPO penalty spoiler. Also, driver's briefing has been updated on OP.
Unconfirmed

FutureF1 | FutureF1
PJTierney | PJTierney
CodDemon101 | CodDemon101
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
James Cooper | coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior | SSJGZWarrior
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
Pubs16 | pubes16
Dan181295 | Danni_Boi181295
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
twodogsgolden | twodogsgolden
SK8RBOI | FRS_SK8R
RodeRuner1967 | T-n-T-2000
Danny99 | CECHMATE
Confirmed

Cannot Attend

Join the [ORA] Online Racing Association club for the ORA WEC series championship. We will not use the ORA WEC club.

To reply, press "post reply" then delete the qoutes at the end of the reply then cut your name from "unconfirmed" and paste it in "confirmed" if you are racing or "cannot attend" if you cannot make

All Drivers: Keep yourselves updated with any spec changes that happen. I will make announcements on the thread but if you miss the announcement just go to the OP on this thread and view teams and specs. Also, drivers make sure you keep yourselves informed about our series. After specs check you cannot leave the track cause the race starts right after specs check. You must stay on track. You cannot use the chat box at all. Understand that you will be penalized for doing this. There are penalties in this series please read the penalties on the OP at IPO penalty spoiler. Also, driver's briefing has been updated on OP.

Unconfirmed

FutureF1 | FutureF1
PJTierney | PJTierney
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
James Cooper | coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior | SSJGZWarrior
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
Pubs16 | pubes16
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed
SK8RBOI!!!!!!!!

Cannot Attend

As of now we are looking for more GT drivers cause not all of the GT drivers can attend the races so we are in need of drivers for GTC. However, if PJ does withdraw then Audi LMP will need a replacement. Maybe even Toyota. As of now GTC drivers are what we need.
Okay. I was just wondering as I'd like a racing environment to test the R18 for the GTPES, which I drive over there. 👍 Best of luck in your series.

Unconfirmed

FutureF1 | FutureF1
PJTierney | PJTierney
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
Pubs16 | pubes16
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed
SK8RBOI!!!!!!!!
coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior

Cannot Attend

Unconfirmed

PJTierney | PJTierney
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
Pubs16 | pubes16
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed
SK8RBOI!!!!!!!!
coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior
FutureF1

Cannot Attend

Unconfirmed

PJTierney | PJTierney
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
Pubs16 | pubes16
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed
SK8RBOI!!!!!!!!
coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior
FutureF1

Cannot Attend
Charlie A​

Unconfirmed

PJTierney | PJTierney
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed
SK8RBOI!!!!!!!!
coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior
FutureF1
Pubs16

Cannot Attend
Charlie A​

Unconfirmed

PJTierney | PJTierney
Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed
SK8RBOI!!!!!!!!
coopsrokssoks
SSJGZWarrior
FutureF1
Pubs16

Cannot Attend
Charlie A
T-n-T-2000 (Father's Day) :)

Last edited:

Unconfirmed

Brutaka | Brutaka_GT
GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed - LMP
PJTierney
SSJGZWarrior
FutureF1
coopsrokssoks

Confirmed - GT

SK8RBOI
Pubs16

Cannot Attend
Charlie A
T-n-T-2000​

Unconfirmed

GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed - LMP
PJTierney
SSJGZWarrior
FutureF1
coopsrokssoks
Brutaka

Confirmed - GT

SK8RBOI
Pubs16

Cannot Attend
Charlie A
T-n-T-2000​

Just as a heads up, I will be dropping out of the series after Spa. I'm enjoying the Audi R18 and the LMP battles have been good so far, but I'm at a stage now where I want to take a break from online racing to play other games.

Just as a heads up, I will be dropping out of the series after Spa. I'm enjoying the Audi R18 and the LMP battles have been good so far, but I'm at a stage now where I want to take a break from online racing to play other games.
Thanks for the heads up. That means that I have the chance to beat you one last time :mischievous:

Unconfirmed

GTP Ziggy | zplay24
lxmmy | mikeylam
Charlie A | Warlie12
dalie | dalie999
TNR_KING_FILO | TNR_FILO
Danny99 | CECHMATE

Confirmed - LMP
PJTierney