ORCA • TUNE-FREE RACING: BMW GT SPEC CHALLENGE - Sagarismic Double Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 291 comments
Brandon where & when is the 1st race? Only keeping 1 eye on the tread at the moment due to my series racing this weekend,.

This Tuesday, 8pm EST at Daytona Road. Hope you can make it. 👍

School Spring Session starts this Tuesday, but this series if I get home in time should end before I have to go to class. I'll get some practice in Monday Night and bring a friend with me. I'll post my practice results here Monday Night for me & TnT-2000 and maybe 1 more driver too I can bring to the grid for Tuesday's race. 👍
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Edit: made the call to 4 friends, i believe looking at the sign ups we can fit them if all 4 end up showing? i know i'm good for that 1 more tho 4 sure! :sly:👍

-Did I send you a FR yet Brndon77?

Last edited:
School Spring Session starts this Tuesday, but this series if I get home in time should end before I have to go to class. I'll get some practice in Monday Night and bring a friend with me. I'll post my practice results here Monday Night for me & TnT-2000 and maybe 1 more driver too I can bring to the grid for Tuesday's race. 👍
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Edit: made the call to 4 friends, i believe looking at the sign ups we can fit them if all 4 end up showing? i know i'm good for that 1 more tho 4 sure! :sly:👍

-Did I send you a FR yet Brndon77?

Actually Saturday is full and Tuesday has one spot left so you can let them fight over which one gets the last spot. :sly: The others can be reserve drivers if they want, I'm sure we'll normally have 1 or 2 spots open.

I don't believe you've sent me a FR yet.

Hey Brandon, did you get my FR?

I believe I accepted it yesterday. 👍 See you on track!
Opening week!!! Good luck to all the Tuesday guys, Saturday guys, I look forward to seeing you on track!

Should be fun! I'm looking forward to finally getting some serious action going, it's been too long. :cheers:

The others can be reserve drivers if they want, I'm sure we'll normally have 1 or 2 spots open.
Remind me again how the new format works? If one is late for quali, then they can't start in the back? I might be running late tomorrow, just gotta know if I'm in danger of missing just the quali, or the whole race.

If Brandon has practice/qualify/race as his setup. Which I think it will be. If you're not in room / "checked in" when qualifying begins..... your not allowed to enter race. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So starting in back won't be an option...

Remind me again how the new format works? If one is late for quali, then they can't start in the back? I might be running late tomorrow, just gotta know if I'm in danger of missing just the quali, or the whole race.

I was planning on using the automated qualifying system but if I do that it means if people miss qualifying they also miss the race. I suppose we'll probably have to revert to the "open qualifying" we did in GT5 and just cross out fingers that it will work consistently.

I'm not going to have time to re-write the OP before tomorrow night so for this week I will wait until about 10 after the hour to start qualifying. If someone is going to be more than 10 minutes late they would have missed the start of the race anyway. So, automated qualifying this week and probably old-fashioned qualifying for the rest of the season.

I will wait until about 10 after the hour to start qualifying. If someone is going to be more than 10 minutes late they would have missed the start of the race anyway. So, automated qualifying this week and probably old-fashioned qualifying for the rest of the season.

Im not going to be able to make the race tomorrow night so I can watch Danny Davis kick the crap out of Shaun White in the Olympics, but have fun and everyone drive fast and take chances.

Actually Saturday is full and Tuesday has one spot left so you can let them fight over which one gets the last spot. :sly: The others can be reserve drivers if they want, I'm sure we'll normally have 1 or 2 spots open.

I don't believe you've sent me a FR yet.

I believe I accepted it yesterday. 👍 See you on track!

Should be fun! I'm looking forward to finally getting some serious action going, it's been too long. :cheers:

Well I have that 1, him and I will send those FR's tonight! :sly:👍

Im not going to be able to make the race tomorrow night so I can watch Danny Davis kick the crap out of Shaun White in the Olympics, but have fun and everyone drive fast and take chances.
Watch it online live. (On your phone in a restroom stall ;) )

Last edited:
Yep, you got the last spot.

EDIT: actually, no. There's one spot left on Tuesday because Mr. Penso is on reserve status for both nights. So bring a friend if you have one.

It's race night! Hope we get a good crowd. If possible, please post here whether you will be able to attend or not so I have some idea if we need to wait for anyone.

A note about the time change at Daytona: the January night in Florida is very long (over 13 "hours", sunset at 6pm and sunrise around 7:30am) so in order to get fairly even periods of day/night/day I have to use some pretty aggressive time progression. Darkness will probably start falling around lap 6 or 7 (and yes I've factored in the parade lap), then we'll have ~18 minutes of darkness and the last ~12 minutes will be in daylight. I've tested this to get the progression right and it should work fine, just didn't want anyone to be concerned when night comes on fairly early.

Yes, I'll be there. Just to confirm, you will be opening the room at 7.30pm EST and Qualy will start at 8pm. Is that correct?

Correct. I'll probably wait until about 5 after 8 to start things up to give last minute stragglers a chance to make it in before qualifying.

@weavty1 @SagarisGTB @MC-Chase @Johnnypenso @Jackwagon @acedition333 @GTPvw_slc @RodeRuner1967 @Naptown25rs Reminder that the season starts tonight, let me know if you can make it or not.

:cheers:
As of this point I'm out for tonight. If there's room and I make it home in time I might stop in to see the action for a bit. Good luck everyone:cheers:

I'll be there..probably not for 730 opening....closer to 8.

Hope to see a good grid tonight.

Was practicing last night and boy its real slippery when your tire wear are at 4.( for me anyways). We can go about 15/16 laps with fuel max! So adding enough fuel and least amount of time in pits maybe tricky. Unless you just fill up and stay longer in pits. Decisions decisions!

Then again, it maybe lonely in the back! :lol:

I'll be there..probably not for 730 opening....closer to 8.

Hope to see a good grid tonight.

Was practicing last night and boy its real slippery when your tire wear are at 4.( for me anyways). We can go about 15/16 laps with fuel max! So adding enough fuel and least amount of time in pits maybe tricky. Unless you just fill up and stay longer in pits. Decisions decisions!

Then again, it maybe lonely in the back! :lol:

I know there's debate about the effectiveness of a mandatory pitstop but I think with the fast tire wear it should make them necessary and hopefully introduce at least a little bit of strategy options (and gives us a minute to rest and chug a beer). At a track like Daytona though my strategy is generally to pit when the car in front of me does so I don't lose touch with the draft. This, of course, is presuming I'm in touch with the draft in the first place.

any chance I can get in on this? I'm also struggling to convert the time so how many hours away is the event?

any chance I can get in on this? I'm also struggling to convert the time so how many hours away is the event?

We have one spot left on Tuesday (today/tonight) if you're interested. The room should open just over 9 hours from now (12:30am GMT if that helps), qualifying/race will start about 30 minutes after that.

Qualifying should start about 10 hours from now at 8pm EST
8pm EST is 1am GMT which is 10:30am ACDT

Dammit: Beaten to it by Mr Super-efficient

a

By my calculations you are 15h 30m ahead of EST. So taking the race starts at 8pm EST that would mean an 11.30am start for you. It's 1:40am your time now, right?

Edit: Hey RDAardvark, I take it we are in the same time Zone! :D Where are you based?

Last edited:
By my calculations you are 15h 30m ahead of EST. So taking the race starts at 8pm EST that would mean an 11.30am start for you. It's 1:40pm your time now, right?

1.45AM on the button, I'd like to sign up for Tuesdays so that works well for me, I may miss the final round, I will confirm that week,

Anyone I need to add for lobby entry?

Back