Original Tracks from GT1

  • Thread starter Thread starter JYoung7
  • 125 comments
  • 14,975 views
there is large bank on every corner of GT1 high speed ring, in prologue there isn't.
it's those two corners that start at 1:10 (video) that kill the track for me in prologue, you lose all your speed. In GT1 you lost your speed by cornering tightly and there was almost no braking in the whole track, which is what made it awesome.

And at :59 there is a huge concrete run off area which can you can abuse for exiting the first corner and entering the second corner for more speed.

The bridge is good is GT5p and it should stay, but the rest of the background is boring. I mean, how could it be anymore generic? GT1 felt like a forgotten race track (if it wasn't for the crowds)with the music and backgrounds.
 
I dont understand. A track with little to no braking is better than a track with high speed and low speed turns? We will have ovals in GT5, so I think the newer HSR has more of a place in the game over the older, little to no braking HSR.
 
I dont understand. A track with little to no braking is better than a track with high speed and low speed turns? We will have ovals in GT5, so I think the newer HSR has more of a place in the game over the older, little to no braking HSR.

I preferred the old HSR because it was a beginner track. (And the no braking was more down to the physics than anything).

I would class HSR on GT5P as an intermediate/advanced course. The S bend, if you get the wrong line you lose 1-2 seconds, the first corner requires stringent throttle control and a smooth line, the second bend requires good braking and throttle control on exit, the last corner is easy, thats about the same as the original, its a banked curve which is what makes it easy. The S bend being flattened made it much much harder.
 
I preferred the old HSR because it was a beginner track.

I would class HSR on GT5P as an intermediate/advanced course.

That, sir, I understand. 👍
 
That, sir, I understand. 👍

Lol i didn't quite mean it in that context XD I don't prefer it because its easier.

I still like HSR, but it started as a beginner course in the early days, and its been made harder for no clear reason. In GT5P i honestly believe Suzuka is easier, the lines through the corners are much more straightforward.

In contrast, Grand Valley has been tweaked to make it easier, in GT4 the S bends were cut up into several smaller turns on straight angles and the hairpins were widened. I hope they go back to the old layouts in GT5 if they are included (HSR and Grand Valley).
 
-> I would hope that these old GT tracks would configure like what PD did with the Fuji Speedway:

Fuji Speedway
- '80s
- '90s
- *Fuji Speedway* (no chicanes)
- GT (w/ chicanes)

^ If PD would apply the same tactic with their Original Tracks; this would be the result:

High Speed Ring
- '90s (GT1/2 version)
- *HSR* (GT4/5 version)

Grand Valley Speedway East
- '90s (GT1/2)
- *GVSE* (GT4/5)

Grand Valley Speedway
- '90s (GT1/2)
- GT (GT3)
- *GVS* (GT4)

Special Stage R11
- '90s (GT1)
- *SSR11* (GT3)

Test Course
- '90s (GT1/2)
- Driving Park Test Course (GT4)

^ You guys know what I mean. ;)
 
I'd like to see Red Rock Speedway (GT2) make a comeback. For those of you who don't know, this was an awesome high-speed banked track (not just an oval, but banked in both directions). Rome Nite would be awesome, too.

I knew there was a reason I liked your posts.
 
Red Rock needs to come back, because it was a deceptively hard track to master, especially back in the day of freaky physics.

Though those videos TVB posted reminded me of something far more important I miss; the GT LM cars! Bring back the Copperhead, the Del Sol LM, the Cerbera LM, all of those! The only one that has stayed, even though it's been modified a bunch, is the FTO LM. Since I'm almost positive we will never see the full on (R) mod again, having more of those would be a nice alternative.
 
-> I would hope that these old GT tracks would configure like what PD did with the Fuji Speedway:

Fuji Speedway
- '80s
- '90s
- *Fuji Speedway* (no chicanes)
- GT (w/ chicanes)

^ If PD would apply the same tactic with their Original Tracks; this would be the result:

High Speed Ring
- '90s (GT1/2 version)
- *HSR* (GT4/5 version)

Grand Valley Speedway East
- '90s (GT1/2)
- *GVSE* (GT4/5)

Grand Valley Speedway
- '90s (GT1/2)
- GT (GT3)
- *GVS* (GT4)

Special Stage R11
- '90s (GT1)
- *SSR11* (GT3)

Test Course
- '90s (GT1/2)
- Driving Park Test Course (GT4)

^ You guys know what I mean. ;)

Great idea. 👍
 
The inclusion of any track, no matter how bad, is good in my book. Often tracks get overlooked until you find th right car for them.
 
The chances of the original courses, that have been carried over from each game from GT1,
not making it into GT5 is probably slim. Kaz is a perfectionist and the original tracks are his babies,
so it would be hard to imagine with the power the PS3 & graphics levels as good as they are, that they wouldn't make it.
One thing that is probably safe to say it that these core tracks will be in each coming iteration of Gran Turismo.

- Trial Mountain Circuit
- Grand Valley Speedway
- Deep Forest Raceway
- High-Speed Ring
- Special Stage Route 5
- Mid-Field Raceway
- Test Course


It's the tracks that don't make it, that I'm more concerned about, which is more that likely to happen

- Red Rock Valley
- Special Stage Route 11
- Rome Night
- Rome Circuit

To name a few

:)
 
Last edited:
I really hope they include some classics in this, like the Tahiti Road, Rome, and i also miss the enduro of Seattle. I missed the Red Rock too..that was an awesome track!
 
I've been saying this over and over again, but we need ALL tracks that have been in previous GT games to be in GT5.

Every. Single. One.

Especially SSR11 (GT1 version) and Complex String.

Thank You PD/KY.
 
I can say that one of the best and the most difficult to master is the SSR11 from GT1. (It took the entire endurance race to get a whole lap together).
I have been a bit annoyed that it has been either messed about with or ignored in previous GTs.
 
I've been saying this over and over again, but we need ALL tracks that have been in previous GT games to be in GT5.

Every. Single. One.
Another kindred spirit. These fantasy tracks are all very well designed and a blast to race on. Every one of them are different enough to deserve some GT5 love, and would bump up the track count without too much effort or licensing costs.
 
Good Riddance to Dinglewad(aka Grindelwald) im playing GT2 and ugh, enough said.

👎 Hey I liked Grindy!

Eiger is a suitable substitute, of course. :)
 
Is it to much to ask for every GT track to be in the game that was in past games ? plus some new ones :)
 
I would love to see all the previous tracks make appearances in GT5. I'm not entirely hopeful for it though.

Nobody seems to be mentioning the Rally tracks from GT2. Green Forest, Smokey Mountain North & South, Tahiti Dirt Route 3 (Where were the other two? :lol: ) and Pike's Peak. I think I've forgotten one but nevermind you get my drift. I think these would be a great boost to the GT rally section.
 
Is it to much to ask for every GT track to be in the game that was in past games ? plus some new ones :)
You have clearly never been involved in such game developments! It's not like they can just lift the old assets out and re-use them. All of the tracks would need completely re-doing from scratch. In time, maybe we will end up with all of the tracks as a result of DLC, but at launch don't expect what you are hoping for.
 
I've been saying this over and over again, but we need ALL tracks that have been in previous GT games to be in GT5.

Every. Single. One.

Especially SSR11 (GT1 version) and Complex String.

Thank You PD/KY.

This. Definitely.
 
I'm not expecting Red Rock or Grindelwald but they were great tracks none the less.

Grindelwald always reminded me of Back Sail Valley in Destruction Derby 2, which I played an age ago on PC. Red Rock was also a lot like SCA Motorplex which was also in Destruction Derby 2.



Not really in track layout or anything but the feel you go from the tracks was unique. A lot of the charm the original tracks had was lost when the new games came out because on the older games it felt closer to a characature(Exadurated Depiction) than a real place.

Sorry about that I just completely Nostalg'd, I shouldn't offtopic so much :scared:
 
Not only do I hope old tracks return, I also hope they stay as much the way they were as possible. I believe Trial Mountain is THE track that has been included in all full GT games and has the least changes (almost none) over the years. There's no need to mess with that, Trial Mountain is perfect. I hope they don't rebuild the fictional courses with tarmac run-off areas.
 
I've been saying this over and over again, but we need ALL tracks that have been in previous GT games to be in GT5.

Every. Single. One.

Especially SSR11 (GT1 version) and Complex String.

Thank You PD/KY.

Exactly. They should look at the different tracks as a collection that has been built up over the years. Not including certain ones isn't saying much about the pride they put in their track making. I personally love every track since GT1 in at least 1 way or another. The GT1 version of High Speed ring and SS RT 11 are my favorites. Trial mountain has been my favorite across every version of GT. High Speed Ring in GT5: Prologue seems to be so much wider and flatter than it was in GT1. Which also makes it "feel" as if you're going slower. If you don't remember, go back and play it on GT1. The banks in all the turns are so sweet compared to GT5:P
 
If you're talking past GT tracks, I'd be interested in seeing Rome Circuit, Grindelwald, and Red Rock Speedway in PS3 trim. Now I have a funny feeling. I have a funny feeling that MAYBE... every course from every GT game, will be featured in GT5 as downloadable content. I'm not even sure if past versions of past GT courses would show up. Remember how people complained at how Deep Forest looked in GT4 with not as many trees? Imagine racing at sunset in Deep Forest from GTs 1 and 2.

Just a thought...
 
Choosing between Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, and Special Stage would be like choosing between your children. On the other hand, I do love those tracks in a very un-PG kind of way.

I agree! And it's those tracks that make the game what it is, gives it the "Gran Turismo" flavor. 👍

What I really wonder if is the monkey will reappear on Trial Mountain... ;)
 
-> I could have imagined if Red Rock Valley was a completely dedicated night course? If you saw those overhead light towers all over the trrack, that would be a good use to be in GT5. Would you think? :nervous:



I would love to see all the previous tracks make appearances in GT5. I'm not entirely hopeful for it though.

Nobody seems to be mentioning the Rally tracks from GT2. Green Forest, Smokey Mountain North & South, Tahiti Dirt Route 3 (Where were the other two? :lol: ) and Pike's Peak. I think I've forgotten one but nevermind you get my drift. I think these would be a great boost to the GT rally section.
^ I would've figure that out, if you read page 1:

By Me on the other thread
-> Here are few examples on what I'm trying to describe:

Green Forest Roadway (fate: killed off)
green_forest_165x168.gif


Smokey Mountain (GT3); North/South (GT2) (fate: killed off; replaced by Cathedral Rocks Trail 1/2?)
smokey_mountain_165x168.gif
smokey_mountain_north_165x168.gif
smokey_mountain_south_165x168.gif


Pike's Peak Hill Climb/Downhill (fate: killed off or replaced by Grand Canyon in GT4)
pikes_peak_165x168.gif


Tahiti Dirt Route 3 (fate: killed off)
tahiti_dirt_route_165x168.gif


Tahiti Maze ver.GT2 (fate: redesigned in GT3)
tahiti_maze_165x168.gif


Tahiti Circuit (fate: killed off)
tahiti_165x168.gif
^ This will jog your mind a bit. ;)
 
I hope that all of the "original" circuits from GT4 are included in GT5, of course updated graphically due to the power of the PS3. "Original" tracks from games prior to GT4 (Red Rock Valley, Tahiti Road, SS Route 11) were done away with for a reason unfortunately. And, if I should say, I hope that all future installments of GT have these circuits included. GT is a video game, so I assume that fictional circuits would not hinder the game by any means (although when you look at Forza's track maps...I mean seriously, theirs are terrible). When PD supplements the track list, I would be pleased if they supplement the list with more permanent race circuits. I'm not exactly a fan of the "real location" street circuits. Driving on and setting a fastest lap on, say, Spa-Francorchamps or Silverstone would be more enjoyable than setting a good time on the New York or London tracks. I enjoy how the console is able to replicate these real world locations, but these tracks lack creativity in regards to their the layouts, just due to the fact that streets don't always make for great race tracks (save for Monaco or Macau, and they only do because of their long history). They simply just aren't as fun to drive as an actual real-world racing circuit would be.
 
GT5 is a step forwards, so all these old tracks of the past are forgotten, methinks. No reason to hope that our "Red Rock Valley" or "Grindewald" or "Special Stage Route 11" will be in GT5, because that's highly unlikely.
 
I know that, for me, Seattle has always been a proving ground for cars. I use it for everything, as it has uphill sections, downhill sections, and flat sections, all with suitable variation of speed and braking zones. It's not too long, but it has sections needed to make a base setup for pretty much every car.

So as long as Seattle is in, I'll be happy.
 
Back