Our First Look at Forza 7's Redesigned Career Mode

While the mod cards can be seen as controversial for making it easier in some aspects, there is also one good tidbit of information missing. They also worked as handicaps on the player as well, if they wanted to. Things like forcing you to use cockpit view, or removing a set amount aids, and things like a percentage of grip reduction for the vehicle you're driving. If anything, it's a system that works for just about anyone because you can either boost yourself up, or handicap yourself and whatever you choose do to, it'll give you extra credits/exp.

Last edited:
I just can't buy this car handling.. too much floating

I see what you're getting at, that Porsche does look weird-floaty in the beginning of that Suzuka race. What is a turn off for me as well is that the cars seem to be "skating" over a wet track, they leave absolutely no marks. That was already visible in the E3 trailer as well (where a bunch of cars take a turn on a wet Nordschleife carrousel and leave no water trail marks on the road whatsoever).

It's the usual Forza love and hate affaire, in the graphics department the skies look absolutely stunning and the detail on that Porsche is great. But at the same time cars skate through puddles and then we have the annoying flappy windscreeen wipers...

Something they added, that maybe flying under the radar, is the ability to extend the length of a career race (11:50 in the video), you could do this in Free Play in previous games, change the number of laps, but in career mode you where always forced into fixed number of short laps, sprint, win at the first turn.

Still wonder will there be endurance races and or with the extended laps will the weather be a bit less dynamic running in real time.

Something they added, that maybe flying under the radar, is the ability to extend the length of a career race (11:50 in the video), you could do this in Free Play in previous games, change the number of laps, but in career mode you where always forced into fixed number of short laps, sprint, win at the first turn.

Still wonder will there be endurance races and or with the extended laps will the weather be a bit less dynamic running in real time.
Adjustable race length is a plus and one of the good things they borrowed from PCars.

I am already feeling love and hate for this game. Fingers crossed there is more love than hate.

I do so desperately want it to be a good racer game. At least they are trying to mix up the career mode. 👍

I am already feeling love and hate for this game. Fingers crossed there is more love than hate.

I do so desperately want it to be a good racer game. At least they are trying to mix up the career mode. 👍
I'm not yet feeling the hate. I hope the demo comes out soon so I can decide whether to put some money down.

I space out while reading a lot, can someone answer me something? Is it like the old Forza/Gran Turismo games where there isn't a set progression but obviously races get harder as cars get faster, or like Toca 3 where each discipline has it's own seperate progression? Or something new entirely?

I'm a big fan of the driver aids bonuses, and I don't really understand the mod cards stuff, seem pretty arcade-like.

I will call this one a lose.

While the mod cards can be seen as controversial for making it easier in some aspects, there is also one good tidbit of information missing. They also worked as handicaps on the player as well, if they wanted to. Things like forcing you to use cockpit view, or removing a set amount aids, and things like a percentage of grip reduction for the vehicle you're driving. If anything, it's a system that works for just about anyone because you can either boost yourself up, or handicap yourself and whatever you choose do to, it'll give you extra credits/exp.

The handicaps are still in, in the Suzuka race from the Gamescom demo the handicap is "only braking line" so they cannot use the full driving line. To be honest I like how they changed credits and XP gained from assists to mods. Well in a way it is still kinda the same, just not all assists at once. In this example in FM6 you would get more XP/cr from setting the driving line to braking only, now in FM7 it's basically similar except you will equip a mod with this "handicap" added.

The handicaps are still in, in the Suzuka race from the Gamescom demo the handicap is "only braking line" so they cannot use the full driving line. To be honest I like how they changed credits and XP gained from assists to mods. Well in a way it is still kinda the same, just not all assists at once. In this example in FM6 you would get more XP/cr from setting the driving line to braking only, now in FM7 it's basically similar except you will equip a mod with this "handicap" added.
But aren't mod cards an exhaustable source? You won't have the ones you want to use all of the time. Well, that's one way to push the loot crates, I guess.

But aren't mod cards an exhaustable source? You won't have the ones you want to use all of the time. Well, that's one way to push the loot crates, I guess.
Some are permanent reusable and some are onetime usable consumables, at least in FM6.

That Suzuka footage at 12:30ish looks incredible, I have to say. Great weather FX.
Big fan of that track too. Jealous of you Xbox guys.
That's a very poor quality vid as well. The direct capture 4k footage in similar conditions around the Nurburgring looks absolutely incredible.

That's a very poor quality vid as well. The direct capture 4k footage in similar conditions around the Nurburgring looks absolutely incredible.

Yeah there is a big difference between watching the game run in 4K HDR on X1X/PC or watching a 720p/1080p HD high compressed YouTube version of it.

The Forzatech engine sure is capable of some very pretty sceneries, even FH3 graphics in full HD (1080p) on my vanilla XBox One still look stunning today (especially the lighting and shades in the rainforest) and is one of the prettiest games I own. Can't wait to get my hands on that X1X and install the enhanced version of FH3.

Would love to see that, you have a link for lazy me?

Would love to see that, you have a link for lazy me?
Apologies, it was Gamersyde where I got them! I've been saying DF since e3. Two vids at the bottom of this page https://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_7_in_hdr_on_gamersyde_-19287_en.html

If you can stick them on a USB stick and play them on a 4k OLED TV with HDR you will be gobsmacked! And if you haven't got such a tv or have a friend who has one I suggest you go to a TV store and just stick the USB stick in one of their TV's!

I'm aware, I was just noting it because it wasn't in the article. Either way, that's how it always worked. You've always equipped the mod for the handicap.

Last edited:
I'm happy assists no longer affect winnings considering if the economy is anything like FM6, car collecting won't exactly be difficult even without the boost.

The career mode itself seems promising. Obviously I can't say whether it's actually good or not until I get the game.

I’m hoping this is just the demo, the weather supposed to be dynamic, but every race I’ve seen so far at Nurburgring has played out the same scenario, start dry then heavy rain, no other weather or TOD scenario.

Hopefully online custom races and free play will allow for custom weather and TOD.

I’m hoping this is just the demo, the weather supposed to be dynamic, but every race I’ve seen so far at Nurburgring has played out the same scenario, start dry then heavy rain, no other weather or TOD scenario.

Hopefully online custom races and free play will allow for custom weather and TOD.
I'm wondering if that's just because the same race that was set-up at each event. They all appear to be the same 2 lap event from the initial reveal.

Back