Overwatch ps4 pc xbox1

• Thread starter boomee
  • 568 comments
Finally got round to playing it and damn, it is amazing. Just love it. Saddens me that it'll pretty much be over later on today as I don't have the money to get it :(

Man, its been 2 hours and im already missing my tracer and this game :(

EDIT:Nevermind, been posted already

Last edited:
Just found out there is a Taco Bell sweepstakes where you could win the game before it comes out. Sure my luck the last time it was for a free PS4 didn't work out but 🤬 it, I'll do it anyways.

This has to be one of the nicest quality collectors editions i have ever bought.

Anyone here have any tips for playing as or against certain classes? I've found that D.Va is my go-to Bastion/Torjborn counter when the rest my team isn't doing anything about them - boost in with defense matrix active and then tear them to shreds with your cannons, they'll be forced to do something about it quickly and if you're smart about when you do it your teammates will hopefully push forward before they can recover (in the case of Torjborn you can even take him out along with his sentry on your own if his teammates are distracted). You're pretty much guaranteed to lose your mech after you do it though.

I have some tips for some of the offense class characters; Soldier:76 is useful for recovering your health, Genji is very useful for deflecting incoming hits from opponents ( especially from Bastion ) and Tracer ( My Favorite ) is great for getting to areas quickly and escaping from situations while recovering a bit of health in the process. I'll probably be giving the defense class a go later today and see how i fair with it.

Started using Hanzo and he's not as annoying to figure out as I thought he was in the beta. I just need to get my aiming down and I'll be set :lol:

Just got the game yesterday. Kinda wanted to hold off at least for a while, considering I still got Dark Souls III and Doom sitting around somewhat, but I got suckered into getting it... Blizzard's character design really got me. Was looking at some of the heroes and was like "I wanna play that guy!" So I convinced myself that I can't go wrong with a Blizzard game - I was right, actually :lol: Kinda surprised the game doesn't feel too fast and twitchy for my taste (but that might be partially due to having played Doom before it). Really loving the art style and how smooth and polished everything feels.

Started out with Hanzo for the time being and managed to do quite well for myself. Been checking out a few other characters as well (mostly McCree and Reinhardt) but it'll take me a good amount of time to get somewhat proficient with at least a fistful of heroes.

The Weekly Brawl has changed. It is no longer Arcade Mode and is now Super Shimada Brothers.

3963e5d96a.png

It's strictly only Genji and Hanzo that are playable in this mode. All other heroes are locked and you cannot choose them.

*edit*
These may be the brawl modes that are in rotation:

*Edit* Ones bolded are confirmed to be in the rotation.
  • Arcade – More health! Faster ability and ultimate cooldowns! Faster respawn
  • Girl Power – Female heroes only. Sorry boys
  • Head’s Up!- McCree, Genji, Hanzo, and Widowmaker. Headshots only
  • High Noon – It’s high noon on Route 66. Headshots with McCree only
  • Highly Offensive – All offense heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
  • Justice Rains From Above! – Pharah and Mercy take to the skies
  • MOBA-watch – Unique heroes per team. No hero switching allowed
  • Mystery Heroes – On death you will respawn as a randomly selected hero
  • Overly Defensive – All defense heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
  • Show Your Support – All support heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
  • Super Shimada Bros. – Welcome to Hanamura. Genji and Hanzo only. Faster abilities, slower ultimates
  • Tanks A Lot – All tank heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – McCree, Reaper, and Roadhog duke it out
  • We’re All Soldiers Now – Soldier: 76 takes command of the Control Maps

Last edited:
Those who've been on the Overwatch Subreddit probably know already, but the game had a very, very successful launch. Like, seven million players successful.

Leave it to Blizzard to successfully launch a new IP. It does help that the game is astonishingly good, though :lol:

Also:

Cj_HcVrUYAAoj69.jpg

Last edited:
There's a possibility that Mcgree and D.va could be nerfed in the future.
D.Va is supposed to get buffed. She's currently perceived as too weak.

As for McCree, no surprises there. Great at medium and long range, Flashbang + Fan the Hammer can take out basically anything at close range and FtH -> Combat Roll -> FtH even gives him some considerable tank busting capabilities. That really is a bit much :lol:

Some other characters that need looking at, imho, are Symmetra and Widowmaker.

Symmetra... her classification seems strange to me. Feels more like a defensive builder like Torbjörn than a support. Generally, it seems like Mercy and Lucio are the go-to supports, but Symmetra just feels all kinds of wonky.

Widowmaker is hard for me to assess properly as I'm not good enough with her yet, but she feels pretty ridiculous to me. Her range basically allows you to avoid counterplay from most characters, she has great mobility (even in a pinch) and her backup SMG mode for her rifle is surprisingly good (compared to how Hanzo fares once pushed upon, for one) - and then there's her ultimate. Not only is it incredibly valuable to have that wallhack, it's hard for the enemy to notice the activation, it charges quite fast, it's gloabl and persists through death. I can absolutely see competent Player dominating games with her and good teams revolving around a good Widow like Counterstrike teams revolve around a good AWP guy.
Also Competitive Play could return next month.
Any word on bans in competitive play? Took them ages to implement those in Heroes of the Storm...

Back