Pace Car in GT5?

will gt5 keep the same pace car? or will it be a different one? .... i hope they utilize the pace car more in GT5

Nissan_SKYLINE_GT_R_GRAN_TURISMO_SKYLINE_GT_R_Pace_Car_p02.sized.jpg

I was considering getting a human player to act as pace car in my International V8 Supercars Series if we get damage, so having an actual pace car for him to drive might be nice.

Pace Car driver would probably also be an official.

Last edited:
if GT5 does introduce damage then there should be a pace car that comes out ( but i would only have it on the more experienced races with the faster cars , so it doesnt get annoying in the beginning of the game with the stock cars )

yeah...that would be cool to have the pace car lead the cars on a rolling start and then enter the pits right before the line

For maximum authenticity, the pace car/safety car would start behind the field and follow it for the first lap on races with standing starts, and, as you said, lead the field around on a pace lap or two before ducking into the pits on races with rolling starts. In both instances, it would come back out if there's a big crash or weather (thick fog, heavy rain, etc.) makes it unsafe to continue at speed.

It would also be neat if there were corner marshals with flags to let you know if there's an incident around the corner or someone's coming up to lap you.

For maximum authenticity, the pace car/safety car would start behind the field and follow it for the first lap on races with standing starts, and, as you said, lead the field around on a pace lap or two before ducking into the pits on races with rolling starts. In both instances, it would come back out if there's a big crash or weather (thick fog, heavy rain, etc.) makes it unsafe to continue at speed.

It would also be neat if there were corner marshals with flags to let you know if there's an incident around the corner or someone's coming up to lap you.

i agree with all that but the pace car coming out for a lap or two. I dont know about you but i would get a little bored watching the starting field go around nurburgring once before the race starts.

Probably will see a R35 pace car this time around.
It'll be R35 pacecar from Super GT.
Have to agree. Nissan seem to really have taken GT to their heart so I'd expect to see the GTR :)
I, at least, fourth the motion. Maybe PD will have a special GT-styled Safety Car livery put on it as well?;) Now if Nissan brought back the Stagea or have a station wagon car somewhere in their present model line up, I think that can be used for the Medical Car.

I brought up something similar to what you suggested some time ago in another thread. It would be a good way of giving you a heads-up on if a car is having trouble or has spun out in the corner ahead so that you won't be taken totally by surprise. And adding a flagman at the Start/Finish line with the double-yellows or checkered flags wouldn't be a bad idea either.;)

Yes although its the Medical car that follows the grid cars for the 1st lap as its ready for any accident when they most often happen right at the start.

Yes although its the Medical car that follows the grid cars for the 1st lap as its ready for any accident when they most often happen right at the start.

So maybe a Nismo-fied Stagea to go with the R35 or Z34 pace car?

-> Hmm...which one?

chevy-camaro-daytona-500-pace-car-500.jpg

4013202763_bdb7f7c4ce.jpg

2008-chrysler-300c-v8-supercar-pacecar-001.jpg

ACURANSXSAFETYCAR-vi.jpg

2070436685_c5e84ab86f.jpg

satria-neo-safety-car-1.jpg

Mazda6-Safety-Car-0.jpg

2585542948_f425fd88a9.jpg

Powerbuilt-Safety-Car.gif

wiesmann-gt-mf5-official-safety-car_100200200_m.jpg

amgmedcartrack.JPG

phpThumb.php

Car%20Shine%20History%20-%20Safety%20Car%201.jpg

pacecar2.jpg

9080307.003.1M.jpg

2010-hurst-mustang-pace-car-enters-production-medium_1.jpg

DSC_2316-vi.jpg

shelby-gt500-nascar.jpg

Safety-Car.jpg

motogp_safetycar.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-SLK55_AMG_F1_Safety_Car_2004_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

2665663254_f9e680d0a0.jpg

Toyota%20Pace%20Truck%20burn%20out.preview.jpg

vw-pace-car-24-08-07.jpg

69138147_27aafe3ee5.jpg

2055049986_5e34d6a86d.jpg

7371_1g.jpg

x6m-motogp2.jpg

:confused: :boggled: :sly:

^ Highly agreed on this one, but will the moderator/host be the official, or the mod/host should assign one?

:confused: 💡 👍

-> And if damage is confirmed, we should expect this to happen...online!!!

Large%20Image.jpg

:dopey: :scared: :dunce:

I was considering getting a human player to act as pace car in my International V8 Supercars Series if we get damage, so having an actual pace car for him to drive might be nice.

Possible career opportunity for me there :P

If they change it it'll probably be an R35. I could photoshop a Gran Turismo R35 Pace Car and.. infact I will do that and post it up on here. :)

A Diablo was once used as the Safety Car in an F1 race in the 90s, and since Lamborghini is in GT5, I would like to see something like this:

:D

Last edited:
It has to be an R35, no question about it.

Unless of course different events have different saftey cars in the game, so a Merc for the Formula one cars, a Nissan GTR for GT events and idk a mustangs or something for Nascar (i'm not big on Nascar). In which case i think we should have quite a variety.

But my R35 Design must be sent off to PD immediately. Shame there's no email contact for them :(

lol ratings please?

But my R35 Design must be sent off to PD immediately. Shame there's no email contact for them :(

lol ratings please?

8/10

Great livery but even with the good colours its still a bit plain. Add random little numbers, sponsors and GT logos all over it :lol:

8/10

Great livery but even with the good colours its still a bit plain. Add random little numbers, sponsors and GT logos all over it :lol:

haha cheers dude. but yeah your idea is good actually. the ability to turn the lights on while your driving the pace car would be cool too.

Back