Pace Car in GT5?

8/10

Great livery but even with the good colours its still a bit plain. Add random little numbers, sponsors and GT logos all over it :lol:
I actually think it looks great like this, I like the clean look.
Definitely one of the best photoshops I've seen in a while.
9/10

I like the design, but doesn't the GT and Polyphony Digital logo look a bit stretched? Overall 9/10 though, good work 👍.

By the way, can you try photoshopping the R34 Pace Car livery on the R35? It would look great I think :D.

I wouldn't mind the R35 as a pace car, but only for Japanese or Euro events.

Nascar / USA events should have a Corvette or some American pace car.

Last edited:
I dont know about you but i would get a little bored watching the starting field go around nurburgring once before the race starts.

NOT THE Nurburgring warm up lap!!! :nervous:
Which is why most races round the Nordschleife add on the short version of the GP track and they use it as a warm up lap, and they also get to use the GP track's longer and more up to date pitlane.

The nurburgring has the GTR fire safety car.
Nissan-GT-R-fire-fighting-car-1.jpg

nissan-gtr-fire-fighting-car-2.jpg

nissan-gtr-fire-fighting-car-1.jpg

NISSAN_GTR_FIRE_ENGINE2.jpg

GTR safety car:
news.jpg

Safety cars should be very plain, all one colour, no logos,sponsors or numbers. They are not meant to look like a race car, they need to stand out. single colour no clutter is the easiest to notice.

PD could make a dozen safety cars, but I would bet my entire payment that half of them would be GTRs....

Oh, yeah...almost forgot the rating: 8/10

I think im fairly certain it will be the r35 gtr but you never know they may change their minds and go for the peel p50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to agree with other posters in this thread about different pace cars for different events. The Nissan pace cars are nice and all, but to see an American race being paced by foreign metal would seem wrong to me. A ZR-1 with a light bar? Yes, please. Not to mention being paced by a GT3 on the Nurb. (hey, if I'm dreaming, I dream big.) CL65 AMG, anyone?
-General

Safety cars would be really great, specially on the track. But GT5 will have the WRC licence, so in rally events there are 0 cars, that are like safety cars.
Here in Catalunya, at the WRC event Rally Spain, nowadays Seat is the official manufacture of the 0 cars.

seatibizacuprabocanegra.jpg

And the 350Z is also a good choice.

56_Rally_Costa_Brava_coche_cero.jpg

Some years, 0 cars have been Evos and Volvos. Look this EVO X in Rally Japan:

mitsubishi-evo-coche-0-1.jpg

Really nice.

The nurburgring has the GTR fire safety car.
Nissan-GT-R-fire-fighting-car-1.jpg

nissan-gtr-fire-fighting-car-2.jpg

nissan-gtr-fire-fighting-car-1.jpg

NISSAN_GTR_FIRE_ENGINE2.jpg
:eek:

Probably the car with the biggest on-board fire extinguisher that man will ever see!:dopey: And speaking of which, how many gallons/liters of water does the tank on that car carry? I imagine is used for not just the 24 Hours race and the series of races that are contested on that track during the year.

What about actual safety car periods? I want to do an impression of Coulthard (Monza 95) and Montoya (Melbourne 06).... Casey Stoner (Valencia 09) if theres bikes.

...Im actually being serious :$

Most likely an R35 GT-R, or a Nismo or Polyphony Digital concept 370Z. Would be interesting to see them in the red/black/white livery.

I would love to see this one but with GT5 logos for Single Play experiance

nissan-pacecar-001.jpg

As for multilayer, we need this
junk_car_tow_truck_image.jpg

face it, accidents will happen online, a pace car wont stop them :P

I wonder how pace cars will be handled in regards to Nascar, the pace/safety cars spend allot of time on the track!

Kaz stating that all Nascar rules and regulations had to be pretty much followed in the game, it makes me wonder how flags will be done in GT5. A quick check currently shows 11 different flags in Nascar, I guess for the relevant ones for a driving sim they can just pop up in a corner of the screen or something. Might be a bit distracting though.

Back