Patch 1.03 shuts my PS3 off

• Thread starter xChrisGTRx
  • 60 comments
Had to cancel the update then went into the game, tried seasonal events. Made me log in again then updated. Strange.

If your PS3 is crashing then you might try following procedure someone posted in other forum about same topic:

- start game
-after sony bla bla it will ask you to update GT or sign out of PSN > press O to cancel update and sign out of PSN (you need to be quick - 2 seconds)
-when GT starts (main menu) try selecting online/news/seasonals (anything that req online) ... and you'll be prompted to sign into PSN - sign in
-after signing in GT will update and then it will restarts PS3.
-1.03 installed and working :D

If your PS3 is crashing then you might try following procedure someone posted in other forum about same topic:

- start game
-after sony bla bla it will ask you to update GT or sign out of PSN > press O to cancel update and sign out of PSN (you need to be quick - 2 seconds)
-when GT starts (main menu) try selecting online/news/seasonals (anything that req online) ... and you'll be prompted to sign into PSN - sign in
-after signing in GT will update and then it will restarts PS3.
-1.03 installed and working :D

For me it always happens that before even getting to start the game, I'm told that an update is available & need to download it.

Even though I've set the option to always be signed in, I think I'm prompted to sign in & the download begins.

After the download completes, the PS3 shuts off. This is my experience from the latest 1.02 patch.

For me it always happens that before even getting to start the game, I'm told that an update is available & need to download it.

Even though I've set the option to always be signed in, I think I'm prompted to sign in & the download begins.

After the download completes, the PS3 shuts off. This is my experience from the latest 1.02 patch.

I know that , but obviously many people have problems if doing that "proper" way. Difference with this is , you skip update from initial loading screen (before game even loads) and then log in (update) after game is in menus (logged out of PSN). Makes difference for some (update don't crash PS3) :D

Failed the first two times, then tried it without being logged into the PSN and it worked. On my second attempt, I got past the update, but I signed into the PSN while the game was loading and it froze at the "Warning" message. The third time, I just didn't sign in at all and it worked.

Super slim - worked after 1 crash. Seriously WTF is with GT6 updates causing crashes and reboots ??? There is something fundamentally wrong in that rushed code. 👎

PD's official procedures to successfully install 1.03

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3266694.html

LOL, less than 1% of your users will ever see this procedure before they update.

Once again this proves that PD does not test their patches BEFORE they release them. This is ridiculous and Sony needs to get involved. Heads need to roll at PD. I personally would start at the top ;).

I have over 100 friends that I played GT5 with. Out of that group I now only have a few friends that like and are playing GT6. I had a friend message me last night saying that he didn't care for GT6. I haven't played the game in the last 2 weeks and now this update comes out and crashes our PS3s.

A console game should not crash your hardware ever!!! There is no excuse for this game crashing your console. No excuse!

Edit: I have an idea. Instead of issuing a workaround for a bad patch why don't they pull the patch and fix the issue. That is what they are getting paid to do.

Last edited:
LOL, less than 1% of your users will ever see this procedure before they update.

Once again this proves that PD does not test their patches BEFORE they release them. This is ridiculous and Sony needs to get involved. Heads need to roll at PD. I personally would start at the top ;).

I have over 100 friends that I played GT5 with. Out of that group I now only have a few friends that like and are playing GT6. I had a friend message me last night saying that he didn't care for GT6. I haven't played the game in the last 2 weeks and now this update comes out and crashes our PS3s.

A console game should not crash your hardware ever!!! There is no excuse for this game crashing your console. No excuse!
PD has a big problem with GT6 and I like to know what year PD are going to get their act together.

It didn't update normally for me but I tried this method and it worked.

Launch the game, skip the update, don't sign into PSN until you reach the game Home screen. Press PS button and sign into PSN. Game prompts you to update and press OK.

I only found out about this problematic update on here. I updated my game this morning and had no problems at all.

Downloaded fine, didn't crash my console or anything.

Yep.. happened to me aswell, PS3 beeped three times and reset, then done the whole Restore System File thing.. 70% through the download process as we speak so hoping it works this time.

Crashed twice for me, then I unplugged my wheel (mostly because I wanted it to stop calibrating itself) and the 3rd time was the charm.

Had no problem here with my PS3 Slim (not the last one model, the previous model with a 250GB HDD).

Same issue here. Just keeps shutting the console down, then I need to do the annoying system file restore thing that takes another 5 minutes. Sigh…

Will try the PSN trick.

Yesterday when I started my PS3, I was prompted to update as an update was available.

I got a triple beep from the game & was asked if I want to send the crash report to Sony, which I declined. I was then told that I the game would check the data as the PS3 was improperly shut.

After checking the data, the patch (99mb worth) downloaded & was able to play the game.

So even though there was a little bumpy ride for the installation of the patch, I was ok about it as long as the game is working fine as before.

Wow thats really weird. i w

as having difficulties too, but then i saw your post, and i had alredy tried 3 times so i thought, 'why not try a fourth, it worked for him!', and guess what, the fourth time it worked! thats either a coincidence or... i dont know what!
A friend of mine and my Dads did not work until the 4th try!

Back