Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
omg polyphony why you so wizard
Képernyőfelvétel (3).png
Képernyőfelvétel (4).png

Nearly finished work, first thing I am going to do when I get home is buy all the new cars that have been added! That 20 million credit cap is burning a hole in my virtual pocket :lol:

I'm very underwhelmed by GT League, are they going to be adding more races to it?

Was hoping for Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 championships + enduros, but there's nothing.

So with this GT League, is it safe to assume PD will add more to it?

The PS Blog recently said more events would be added in 2018.

In fact, it would be nice to know what PD has planned for this game linespan-wise over the next few years and how much they will be adding across the board.

I just gave it a try. The GT league is pretty much the very same old GT thing we’re used to it. And also what many people wanted. The trick thing is, even the best GT career is not up the same level of what other IPs have to offer. Small races, AI as dumb as always, the chase the rabbit type of race.... it’s all there.

On the other hand, for some players that’s all they want. That’s all they are used to, all they have been playing over the years. There’s this sense of security and being familiar with this game. This brings satisfaction for many players (I guess). And also a huge load of nostalgia.

I guess it’s a matter of on what side you stand. Do you want the very old and classic nostalgic feeling when playing a GT career race, or do you want it to be really challenging and up to date with all the changes other games have brought to the market?

I find myself on the nostalgic side. It’s (kinda) the GT offline game I used to play. Now in all glorius beautiful visual. It’s ok to me.

I’m liking GT League so far, they just need to add more races/series to make it great. I love all the cars they (re?)-added, though I feel like they shouldn’t add too many classic cars.

I find myself on the opposite side, if I wanted the same game from years back I can just dust off one of the old playstations and give an old game a go.

I prefer new challenges and better racing not the same old crap.

Long live to the diversity of opinions!

I do acknowledge it’s the same old game. Wouldn’t call it “crap” though. I do stand and defend GT as a good game, actually as a game that CAN BE good (meaning: great) in a near future. I do it even knowing the competition is far ahead of what PD is giving us right now.

I quite literally jumped on this game right at 3PM yesterday at the start of the maintenance period. I had to wait a while before the update became available of course, but the download didn't take anywhere near as long as I expected. Easily the best update since the release of this game. I'm probably going to make this post quite lengthy because there's just soo much to go through. Thank goodness I had a decent amount of money in the bank or I would've been screwed. I was led to believe that the cars would come in a free DLC, where you didn't have to spend any in-game money. Turns out I was wrong, which annoyed me a little bit. Then again, giving all those cars away through free DLC would be a little stupid. My brother was pissed off though... Anyway, all the new cars that I sampled are great fun to drive, all with unique traits and sounds which make GT6 look stupid. Naturally, I went straight for the Ferrari F40 because it's one of the greatest supercars of all time. I don't even know where to start with this car, it is modelled perfectly, a clear cut above GT6 and maybe even better than DriveClub. I've seen it soo many times in reality, so trust me when I say that this car is made correctly. One of the best things about the car is that you can drift it really easily. It is so stable in a slide it's ridiculous. Just enough power to keep a slide going and enough grip so that you can countersteer. I think this really says a lot about the balance of the car. It doesn't feel like a 30 year old car... until you apply the brakes that is. They aren't great by modern standards but when you get a feel for them, they aren't too bad. You won't be able to get the ultimate performance for the car on your first outing, but when you get a feel for the car, it is absolutely brilliant. The handling is excellent and you'd want to keep driving all day... If it wasn't for the other great cars! I must say that the sound is much louder than the other cars I sampled. So pure and so raw, much like the Shelby Cobra. It is absolutely amazing, has to be one of the best sounding cars in the game, if not the best. I will definitely drive it again and again and again, because to me, no car is better. Apart from maybe the Porsche 919, but that is wicked fast and a completely different driving experience. Now I also sampled the Corvette, Swift, CHC '67 Nova and the Enzo. I must say the Enzo surprised me the most. It handles just like the modern supercars in the game, and sounds rather good. I think it's more enjoyable than the La Ferrari, it is soo much more manageable and fun. The design itself has definitely aged well, it wouldn't look outdated if released today. The Corvette is also fun and the '67 Nova is essentially a restomod, combining classic style with modern car performance. Call it the Buick Special of GT Sport. Now, GT League is good and all, but it desperately needs more events. In it's current form, it would probably last me a week before I bury it in the dirt. Come on, we need rally events, more endurances, more one makes, and the GT World Championship to make a great career mode like previous GT's. With the regular updates, I hope that we see more events. Overall, a great update. Really brings back the classic GT vibes.

Sidenote: I purchased the RX-7, R32 and R34, but I'm yet to drive them!:lol:

I quite literally jumped on this game right at 3PM yesterday at the start of the maintenance period. I had to wait a while before the update became available of course, but the download didn't take anywhere near as long as I expected. Easily the best update since the release of this game. I'm probably going to make this post quite lengthy because there's just soo much to go through. Thank goodness I had a decent amount of money in the bank or I would've been screwed. I was led to believe that the cars would come in a free DLC, where you didn't have to spend any in-game money. Turns out I was wrong, which annoyed me a little bit. Then again, giving all those cars away through free DLC would be a little stupid. My brother was pissed off though... Anyway, all the new cars that I sampled are great fun to drive, all with unique traits and sounds which make GT6 look stupid. Naturally, I went straight for the Ferrari F40 because it's one of the greatest supercars of all time. I don't even know where to start with this car, it is modelled perfectly, a clear cut above GT6 and maybe even better than DriveClub. I've seen it soo many times in reality, so trust me when I say that this car is made correctly. One of the best things about the car is that you can drift it really easily. It is so stable in a slide it's ridiculous. Just enough power to keep a slide going and enough grip so that you can countersteer. I think this really says a lot about the balance of the car. It doesn't feel like a 30 year old car... until you apply the brakes that is. They aren't great by modern standards but when you get a feel for them, they aren't too bad. You won't be able to get the ultimate performance for the car on your first outing, but when you get a feel for the car, it is absolutely brilliant. The handling is excellent and you'd want to keep driving all day... If it wasn't for the other great cars! I must say that the sound is much louder than the other cars I sampled. So pure and so raw, much like the Shelby Cobra. It is absolutely amazing, has to be one of the best sounding cars in the game, if not the best. I will definitely drive it again and again and again, because to me, no car is better. Apart from maybe the Porsche 919, but that is wicked fast and a completely different driving experience. Now I also sampled the Corvette, Swift, CHC '67 Nova and the Enzo. I must say the Enzo surprised me the most. It handles just like the modern supercars in the game, and sounds rather good. I think it's more enjoyable than the La Ferrari, it is soo much more manageable and fun. The design itself has definitely aged well, it wouldn't look outdated if released today. The Corvette is also fun and the '67 Nova is essentially a restomod, combining classic style with modern car performance. Call it the Buick Special of GT Sport. Now, GT League is good and all, but it desperately needs more events. In it's current form, it would probably last me a week before I bury it in the dirt. Come on, we need rally events, more endurances, more one makes, and the GT World Championship to make a great career mode like previous GT's. With the regular updates, I hope that we see more events. Overall, a great update. Really brings back the classic GT vibes.

Sidenote: I purchased the RX-7, R32 and R34, but I'm yet to drive them!:lol:
They will add more events in 2018.

Meh. I'll do them if I need some mileage points I guess. I tested a few and the AI is way too slow for me/any decently paced driver so it's just moving obstacles all over again. Arcade AI set to professional is actually slightly better

Meh. I'll do them if I need some mileage points I guess. I tested a few and the AI is way too slow for me/any decently paced driver so it's just moving obstacles all over again. Arcade AI set to professional is actually slightly better

The AI actually attempt to missile you in races, it's hilarious, :D

In "Arcade" you can create a "Custom Race" and set the Opponents Level higher than the level of the car you are using, for example when you drive N500, set opponents to N700 and professional and you will have yourself quite a challenge.
You also can alter more things there, for example turn off the boost effect. I feel that even on the same level, set on professional, the AI is way better than in normal Arcade-races.
I love custom race mode, it’s probably my favourite of them all. I am a very average racer so I set the ai to intermediate with boost off and man, am I having battles with the ai. I find it nigh on impossible to make up many places at all, and think that it’s just great. I’m so impressed with the ai in the custom races.

Ferrari F40 ’92 Cr. 50,000.
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor ’11 Cr. 55,000.

Curious if it's true-to-life that a 2011 SVT Raptor (worth around $35,000-$40,000 in real life used condition) costs more in-game than an F40? Are F40s really considered this poorly in real life?

Curious if it's true-to-life that a 2011 SVT Raptor (worth around $35,000-$40,000 in real life used condition) costs more in-game than an F40? Are F40s really considered this poorly in real life?
An F40 in good condition is getting on for £1m these days.

Back