Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
Got the Enzo, drives pretty well with racing hard tires. Has a delay in shifting, don't remember it being that way in GT6. I only drove it on Nurburgring in GT6 and it felt really rewarding on that track. Will try it tomorrow in GT Sport to see what I think.

The patch is 'good and all' but they didn't fix the steering wheel movement in cocpit view (it's wrong since 1.06 or 1.07). Because of that cocpit view is unusable when playing with DualShock :/

Are F40s really considered this poorly in real life?
Not at all. F40s remain extremely sought after and prices are much higher in reality than in GT. This is a good thing for us as, aside from its prehistoric braking ability, it's one of the highlights of the game so far. Love driving that thing!
Oh just like in Online! Lol
Yeah, for all the criticism, the AI often seems to behave *just like* real players, particularly in the lower leagues where they frequently take the wrong line, turn in on you when you try to overtake, and massively outbrake themselves into corners. The only thing I can't stand is when they'e taking a good, steady line through a corner and randomly stand on the brakes at the apex so you pile into the back of them.

The F40 is a real peach, even on CS tyres. That big slab of torque keeps you guessing (although there is no real turbo lag / pressure build to speak of in this game, still, so you're more guessing at the controls than the car but still...) and it doesn't half like a good slide. Very playful and responsive car. I don't think the brakes are bad per se, I think it is deceptively quick. It does understeer a tiny bit, which won't help with trail braking.

The sound is OK, too. Disappointed they're not making the most of the technology they have, it shouldn't sound like a 458 all the time, only when the wastegate is open - they can do this. Of course the boost model is non existent, so...

I love custom race mode, it’s probably my favourite of them all. I am a very average racer so I set the ai to intermediate with boost off and man, am I having battles with the ai. I find it nigh on impossible to make up many places at all, and think that it’s just great. I’m so impressed with the ai in the custom races.

Its almost a shame that the custom race mode is not featured more, like the "free play" in Forza 7 where it has an own thumbnail. I think many people dont even know that by doing a custom race the AI is way better than what the normal single player races offer in regard of difficulty.

I think both those who like the league and those who complain about it have valid points. To me, the league is a welcome addition, though it might get stale quite quickly once completed and the AI needs a lot of work.

It's probably something I will alternate with Custom Races when I try out different cars. Plus I see this being a good way to try out the different cars with each new batch released (hope the next batch of ?12? are as good as this one, though they do need to keep adding race cars as well), plus the races seem to earn well above the normal mileage points which may lessen my usage of rubber bands lol).

Endurance race at Suzuka is really hard for me - finished 2nd with +25 s from 1st. Need to tune car and may be get another fuel/tires tactics...and need more stable driving.
Endurance race at Nurburgring was beaten from 1st attempt with one pitstop.

What's with the silver alpha 4c launch edition no.8. It's the only car in Sunday cup that doesn't seem like it's been driven by an in aggressive zombie computer like car. It seems to speed up and try to pass you and crash and tries to get to no1 even ramming you off the road. None of the other cars are even trying like that one?

Got the Enzo, drives pretty well with racing hard tires. Has a delay in shifting, don't remember it being that way in GT6. I only drove it on Nurburgring in GT6 and it felt really rewarding on that track. Will try it tomorrow in GT Sport to see what I think.
The real Enzo is known for it's very fast shifting even to the point of being abrupt.

GT6 does not have microtransactions. A microtransaction is just that, a MICRO-transaction of up to maybe a dollar ( EG spend 1$ to unlock Nissan GTR) . People think buying in-game currency equates to MT. Then again the gaming community as a whole is one of the stupidest community out there, GT6 does allow you to buy in-game currency for a " micro" price of 5.99
mi·cro·trans·ac·tion
noun
  1. a very small financial transaction conducted online.

5.99 is not a Small amount. I feed my self for 6-8$ every day. The term is just being thrown around nowadays as a buzword.

Attacking PD for having the ability to buy in-game credits in GT6 comes off as spiteful and malevolent. The game had ridiculously generous payouts ( 250,00 credit for a 3 lap Vettel challenge ) and you could honestly play the entire game as if they never existed. Pd hasn't resorted to MT or loot boxes. Forza 7 can go die in a ditch and rot away for all I care. How the hell they manage to introduce " cards" and "loot boxes" int a racing game is beyond me. Seriously I HATE card games, and it seems every damn game has cards in it now.

$ 5.99 is about one cup of "Curbbucks" coffee on the Motorway services.
So, it could be micro-transaction.
Also, you can buy million in-game $ for, for example, $59.00, but it's price for bulk. And if you divide to each single $ of in-game currency - just a million of micro-transactions, I would say - nano-transactions.

Anyway, never tempted to use microtransactions or lootboxes-it's not my cup of tea. I prefer pure rewards from the game.

Didn't try new update yet. I've been happy with Sport mode.
And now I'm enjoying snowfall in GTAO. As soon as it gone I'll be back to GTS. :)

The GT league is pretty much the very same old GT thing we’re used to it. And also what many people wanted.

I dont know how 'it's the same', though. I feel it's impossible to shoehorn in a 'proper' traditional GT single-player mode into a game where the design is focused around balanced online competition.

For one, there's still no real upgrading of cars like before. I think that already mostly disqualifies it from ever being 'the very same old GT thing'. Because that was always a major part of the design and enjoyment of going through the career. People loved getting a new car and then upgrading it til it could wreck the AI with zero problem even if you weren't a great driver. Or even for enthusiasts, it was just nice to have your car and make it your own using the parts *you* wanted to have on it. Car collecting doesn't mean much without a sense of ownership of the car, and there's no better way to feel like a car is *yours* than to upgrade it to your liking. Paintjobs in GT Sport go a ways in helping this, but as car lovers, messing with the actual hardware of the car is just more meaningful, whether you're a casual or more hardcore.

Then if we look at what we actually have in the way of content, it's pretty darn sparse in terms of events. This is like a super miniaturized version of the 'classic GT' structure. And yes, that makes it very different. The same as playing two levels of Uncharted is not 'basically the same' as having 15 levels with the full game. Quantity of events allows for a good length of playtime along with offering a much better variety of choice.

Car content is a known criticism but it applies to GT League as well. Car collecting is a lot more fun when you have lots more cars to collect. And like with the quantity of events leading to more variety in choice - quantity of cars leads to more variety in choice in terms of cars. If I have to pick one of two cars, the choice is meaningful, but it's a lot more interesting and personal when I can pick one of twenty or more of any given type. Plus GT Sport is just way too modern car-biased, like to a crazy extreme, which also ruins a lot of the fun in collecting. Your garage in the end is never going to have all that much spice and variety.

And of course tracks. The limited availability of tracks in GT Sport will necessarily limit how long GT League will be enjoyable. Just adding more events isn't going to cut it because there's only so many tracks to fill these events and there will be no choice but to rehash certain ones over and over.

I think that with a LOT more cars and tracks, this new single player mode could be grown into something that will moderately assuage the criticisms of GT Sport lacking in this department, but I think it will inherently never be 'the very same'. It's pretty clear the game is designed around competitive online play and ensuring that remains the focus will necessarily create an imposition on the single player side due to balancing reasons(why there aren't real upgrades anymore). But as things are now, I cannot say that this update somehow changes things for this game much at all. I would still not at all recommend this to anybody who isn't interested in competitive online racing. Anybody who tries to tell somebody, "Oh but this has single player again just like before!" to convince them to get it is dishonestly misleading them.

The F40 is a real peach, even on CS tyres. That big slab of torque keeps you guessing (although there is no real turbo lag / pressure build to speak of in this game, still, so you're more guessing at the controls than the car but still...) and it doesn't half like a good slide. Very playful and responsive car. I don't think the brakes are bad per se, I think it is deceptively quick. It does understeer a tiny bit, which won't help with trail braking.

The sound is OK, too. Disappointed they're not making the most of the technology they have, it shouldn't sound like a 458 all the time, only when the wastegate is open - they can do this. Of course the boost model is non existent, so...

That's a bit of a shame. It's my understanding that the massive turbo and trying to keep it spooled up was a significant portion of the cars character.

Had a go at the Sunday cup yesterday. One of the cars in the FF race decided it was 6 seconds faster than my fully tuned Civic for a few corners, then it crashed.

I can only assume this is a crappy AI tactic written in by PD.

Yawn.

Sorry if this is old news, could someone confirm if the TROPHIES for the 91 wins, 322 F1 races and others like these will be possible to obtain via GT Mode?

Appreciate it.

Sorry if this is old news, could someone confirm if the TROPHIES for the 91 wins, 322 F1 races and others like these will be possible to obtain via GT Mode?

Appreciate it.

HAHA....... I doubt it very much. I'm pretty sure those are sport mode only trophies.

F40 is 450,000 in Gt Sport.
That's why I thought it was odd that the Ford truck cost more.
I went by what was written in this post;

Double H
Info on the 12 new cars:
Code:
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69           50,000        N300
Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova                   300,000        N700
Enzo Ferrari '02                                        1,000,000        N700
Ferrari F40 '92                                            50,000        N500
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11                                  55,000        N400
KTM X-BOW R '12                                           100,000        N300
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74                          1,800,000        N400
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02                        40,000        N300
Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94                   52,900        N300
Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02               61,000        N300
Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2 (T1) '62                         75,000        N100
Suzuki SWIFT Sport '07                                     16,300        N100
I'm 3,000km from my PS4 so I wasn't / haven't been able to see for myself.

HAHA....... I doubt it very much. I'm pretty sure those are sport mode only trophies.

You're probably right. Hhaven't read anything different and the trophy guides we see around haven't changed either.

Boost in private lobbies, maybe?

EDIT: Yeah, Sport Mode/matchmaking only.

Last edited:
Back