Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
Criticism and addressing the problems that GT Sport launched with, and continue to suffer from, plus the continued arrogance of Polyphony = moaning apparently

Can't stop the circlejerk I guess.

IMG_2488.JPG

Don't you just love the Gran Turismo community? Whenever something good happens the cynics are always on call. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Loving the thought of the f40 as it’s one of my all time favourites from previous gt’s. Just need the f430 at some point in the future and the game will be complete

Ps......

Can we have a 2007 Ford Focus ST2 please. I drive one and wish to compare

Last edited:
Lol, they're literally just rehashing the same game for 20 years. It's like I said, "sport" was a cover for simply not having much of a complete game ready for a close release date. Otherwise why would they now go against this so called new direction in the franchise?

Anyway it seams like a nice update. But I'm curious if these models have been built up from scratch or upgraded from GT5/6.
Every model is brand new!

Hi guys!

It has been a long time !

The news is cool because I suppose that it will please many players. Personally, nothing has changed, I will spend the majority of my time in online as usual.

For cars, I'm very very happy ! 50 until march 2018, it's great !

Last edited:
And more power to you. But this is obviously a PR move, and one that only masks the many problems that face this game in the month after release. And it completely ignores the underlying issues that are present within the GT series as a whole, and within Polyphony's way of thinking and development. And considering what T10, SMS and Kunos have been doing, it is increasingly becoming a relic of a past age in the sim racing space. One that Polyphony is continuing to hold onto because they are coddled by Sony for being one of the few Japanese first party studios they have in their stable.

Until a mod comes in and says otherwise, I'm fairly certain I have the right to criticize this update.

and you still think PD did it b/c people complained? This is 2017 they did it for the extra money to win over the people that wouldnt buy the game without it

So they fixed some of the bigger issues that people have had with the game so they can sell more copies. But at the same time it has nothing to do with said complaints?

I’m rather confused at this point.

So they fixed some of the bigger issues that people have had with the game so they can sell more copies. But at the same time it has nothing to do with said complaints?

I’m rather confused at this point.
"

"PD fixed issues and added content for free? It's because of the extra money!"
"PD didn't fix the issues? They don't care!"

They can never win.

im not sure why folks would even be surprised by this.. GT6 was dropping content regularly. I knew the game would evolve . I'm just happy to be playing a relatively bug free console racer. (I'm looking at you Pcars).

Seeing as how so much emphasis was put on online racing for GTS over the past year, it actually is a suprise. The only realistic thing that was to be expected was more cars and tracks.

Shorted sightedness on their end, that's all. Expecting a lot players "who totally gave up on gt" to come crawling back.

Please, let’s not pretend we knew all along that a full career mode would be added given the original direction of this game, especially so soon.

"

"PD fixed issues and added content for free? It's because of the extra money!"
"PD didn't fix the issues? They don't care!"

They can never win.

Apparently not.

If the update is as good as it seems in the announcement, I may look for a cheap PS4.

And more power to you. But this is obviously a PR move, and one that only masks the many problems that face this game in the month after release.
Supporting the game with updates and content a month post release is a PR move? What a joke.

The biggest problems with the game is content. One could argue the online saving and perhaps the penalty system, but as far as addressing the problems people have been vocal about, this update is a great step. It brings a single player campaign mode, adds a handful of new and anticipated cars, and verbally addresses the issue of tracks and mentions 50 more cars scheduled to be released.

And more power to you. But this is obviously a PR move, and one that only masks the many problems that face this game in the month after release. And it completely ignores the underlying issues that are present within the GT series as a whole, and within Polyphony's way of thinking and development. And considering what T10, SMS and Kunos have been doing, it is increasingly becoming a relic of a past age in the sim racing space. One that Polyphony is continuing to hold onto because they are coddled by Sony for being one of the few Japanese first party studios they have in their stable.

Until a mod comes in and says otherwise, I'm fairly certain I have the right to criticize this update.

Nah, you're just looking to ruffle peoples feathers.

This update is a great step towards what a lot of people were criticising GTS for. I have no interest in single player but a lot of this content was on peoples wish lists, with more content to follow, yet here you are complaining for complaining sake.

You sound like you're tired of the GT series to be honest. Why don't you go and play what you consider to be better games?

P.S If you want to moan, there are designated threads, unless you see this thread is busy and want a lot of posters to see and react to your drivel.

Am I correct (the bolded text, Scaff)? I think so.

Last edited:
Shorted sightedness on their end, that's all. Expecting a lot players "who totally gave up on gt" to come crawling back.
Some will because it addresses a key issue they had with he launch title. I don't really see why that's deserving of ridicule at all.

For others its not going to make a difference at all, personally what PD need to do to get me back doesn't revolve around fixing single player, however if they fix those areas I will play it more, if they don't I won't.

P.S If you want to moan, there are designated threads, unless you see this thread is busy and want a lot of posters to see and react to your drivel.

Am I correct? I think so.
No you're not correct, and the attempts by members to mini-mod this thread end now.

Anyone continuing to do so, or attempting to argue to be able to do so will be deleted and warnings issued.

Latest Posts

Back