Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
They had this built already and chose to delay it for launch. There's no way they would have built this functionality within a month of launch so i'm really pleased that PD are delicately launching these features rather than shouting about them pre-launch like on GT6.

Weather will be next, I reckon :)

They had this built already and chose to delay it for launch. There's no way they would have built this functionality within a month of launch so i'm really pleased that PD are delicately launching these features rather than shouting about them pre-launch like on GT6.

Weather will be next, I reckon :)

I think it's more likely that it wasn't quite ready but they didn't want to delay the game since it had already drifted quite a bit from its original intended release time.
Just be happy it's here now, with plenty more to follow hopefully.

Hate to be that guy, but I'm gonna be that guy:

After all the negative feedback they received when they first introduced the Campaign mode (back at Copper Box I think), I just knew they wouldn't let this game ride without some type of pre-determined offline racing. I thought they'd have it thrown together in time for launch, but hey... better late than never.

PD stepped up big with this one.

VBR
Great news for those that like a conventional career mode! I'm not one of them, but hey ho...
Lol, they're literally just rehashing the same game for 20 years. It's like I said, "sport" was a cover for simply not having much of a complete game ready for a close release date. Otherwise why would they now go against this so called new direction in the franchise?

Anyway it seams like a nice update. But I'm curious if these models have been built up from scratch or upgraded from GT5/6.

As much as any new content is welcome, especially free content, i feel PD's model of DLC is flawed. Instead of drip-feeding random, largely unrelated bits and pieces, they should bring out some more focused packs of content. Classic GT Tracks. Real World Tracks. 80's & 90's Japanese Cars. Classic Cars. A Ferrari Pack that includes Mugello and Fiorano circuits and a bunch of their most well known racing and FX cars. Stuff that can sway an undecider into purchasing the game. What can i realistically race a Cobra against in the current roster of vehicles?

After extensively playing the demo, i've still not bought the full game. There wasn't enough in the demo to make me want to do so. Dribbles of DLC like this are not going to sway me either. They didn't with GT6 - which i never ended up buying, even after being a release-day purchaser of every previous GT title. I want to see big chunks of ripe DLC, even if i have to buy it. Not slithers of random new content as updates.

On a slight aside, I can now log in to the GT Sport Community on a PC/MAC - not sure if it's just after the latest Patch news

I can as well! :D

I am incredibly psyched for this but also astounded that people are STILL complaining. This is a huge update only a few weeks after initial launch, with the promise of more being added over the coming months. *shrugs* can't please some people I guess.

They just need to give people the option to save offline now and we're good.

I don't have the game so do you need to have PS Plus to save the game or can you save without PS Plus?

Of course you don't need plus to save, only for sport mode and lobbies.

As much as any new content is welcome, especially free content, i feel PD's model of DLC is flawed. Instead of drip-feeding random, largely unrelated bits and pieces, they should bring out some more focused packs of content. Classic GT Tracks. Real World Tracks. 80's & 90's Japanese Cars. Classic Cars. A Ferrari Pack that includes Mugello and Fiorano circuits and a bunch of their most well known racing and FX cars. Stuff that can sway an undecider into purchasing the game.

I gotta say I disagree with you to an extent. I think given the low amount of content that was available at release, large free updates are very important to their long term success. I think they also will release paid DLC in the forms of what you were talking about above^

Back