Patch 2.0 - All Platforms

DSC_0368.JPG

Yes !!! The dev says the keyboard can be used side by side with the wheel in game while driving! (he uses to adjust the seat as an example) Ghetto Button box for the ps4!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...elease-notes&p=1012797&viewfull=1#post1012797

Time to come up with a keyboard mount for my wheel stand pro.

Thanks!

Here is the list:

• Perixx PERIPAD-202HB
  • System-S bracket-clamp adapter for smartphones cameras tri-pods and camera screws 5 cm - 8,7 cm
  • TARION® Bike Handlebar Roll Seapost for Gopro Hd Hero 1 2 3 4 Action Sports Video Cameras
  • Goliton® Aluminium CNC Gopro Extender
  • 2x Aluminium Thumb Knob
  • Mini Tripod Mount Adapter
Yes you are right. It is the dongle from the PS4 wireless stereo headset. In the numeric pad is a two port USB hub integrated.

@RaceFace85 - That is sweet! Got any links for the mount and the numpad? Is that a USB port on the num pad with a wireless headset dongle? That looks perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Here is the list:

• Perixx PERIPAD-202HB
  • System-S bracket-clamp adapter for smartphones cameras tri-pods and camera screws 5 cm - 8,7 cm
  • TARION® Bike Handlebar Roll Seapost for Gopro Hd Hero 1 2 3 4 Action Sports Video Cameras
  • Aluminium Thumb Knob
  • 3x Mini Tripod Mount Adapter
Yes you are right. It is the dongle from the PS4 wireless stereo headset. In the numeric pad is a two port USB hub integrated.

Awesome - Thanks !

I was thinking of just mounting a bar similar to the shifter mount ans using that, but what you have put together is much better. Nice work.

Thanks!

Here is the list:

• Perixx PERIPAD-202HB
  • 2x Aluminium Thumb Knob
  • 3x Mini Tripod Mount Adapter

Nice setup , think you could give us button layout when your done and are you having a problem mapping 2,4,6,8 like other people have (it default to up,down,left,right) ? does the # lock give you even more buttons ?

Nice setup , think you could give us button layout when your done and are you having a problem mapping 2,4,6,8 like other people have (it default to up,down,left,right) ? does the # lock give you even more buttons ?

Yes, the four direction buttons are unusable.
No, with numlock it is exacly the same problem. You can only use them to look around.

Last edited:
Yes, the four direction buttons are unusable.
No, the with numlock it is exacly the same problem. You can only use them to look around.
Can that pad have multi functions ? I was read in the Pcars forums in you #pad can have two functions with the lock button then you can use 2,4,6,8 . Maybe try mapping with locked or unlocked

Okay, if you disable the num lock, the buttons 8, 4, 6 and 2 are assignable and you don't look arround.
But the buttons 5 and 00 doesn't work because they are only active when you activate the num lock.

I hooked up a normal keyboard and set it on a table next to my wheel for now. It is nice to move seat adjustment, ignition, engine start, etc to it.

Also the centering spring for me is fixed! It feels nice, and from a stop the wheel turns to center slowly and naturally. 2.0 is a nice FFB improvemrnt. I have FFB 100 TF 70 then mostly all jack spades recomended global settings and his classic settings for each car. I make sure to turn off soft steering dampaning as well.

I hooked up a normal keyboard and set it on a table next to my wheel for now. It is nice to move seat adjustment, ignition, engine start, etc to it.

Also the centering spring for me is fixed! It feels nice, and from a stop the wheel turns to center slowly and naturally. 2.0 is a nice FFB improvemrnt. I have FFB 100 TF 70 then mostly all jack spades recomended global settings and his classic settings for each car. I make sure to turn off soft steering dampaning as well.
Can you check the ruf gt3 for centre spring issue infact im sure all gt3 cars still have the issue

Wont be till late tonight but yes I will. I only tried a few H patern cars so far. That would be interesting if it was per car.
I tried one of the radicals and the centre spring issue was fine...ruf is still viloent though as was z4

Been decorating all week so not managed to try other cars

What did you set your dead zone at ? If i have dead zone at 0 and steering damping off the GT3 cars are all over the place in the straight .

If i have steering damping off and dead zone at .6 (because you cant .1 anymore the way i liked it ) there is alot of slop in center.

For now i have it at dead zone 0 and steering damping on

Since 2.0, I can no longer map and save my DS4 controller settings. So now after faffing around with it I'm completely stuck with the non-playable default controls. Don't know what to do...:grumpy:

Since 2.0, I can no longer map and save my DS4 controller settings. So now after faffing around with it I'm completely stuck with the non-playable default controls. Don't know what to do...:grumpy:
do you mean you're changing the button mapping in the main PS4 options but the game won't recognize these changes? because that is strange.

What did you set your dead zone at ? If i have dead zone at 0 and steering damping off the GT3 cars are all over the place in the straight .

If i have steering damping off and dead zone at .6 (because you cant .1 anymore the way i liked it ) there is alot of slop in center.

For now i have it at dead zone 0 and steering damping on

Put dead zone removal at max. It will stop your straight line wobbling. I know it sounds strange when you 0 dead zone but trust me it works.

Its insane how complexed these ffb settings are...ive spent way more time in menus in this game now trying to get good feeling setup than i have racing the past 2 weeks and still failed horribly.

It might be fine for pc hardcore sim nuts to be in menus constantly but for us console owners they should of had good settings out of the box.

Its insane how complexed these ffb settings are...ive spent way more time in menus in this game now trying to get good feeling setup than i have racing the past 2 weeks and still failed horribly.

It might be fine for pc hardcore sim nuts to be in menus constantly but for us console owners they should of had good settings out of the box.

It's SMS, their previous two games and this one have all had control input issues. It's no longer a freak bug, they just seem incompetent in this regard.

VXR
It's SMS, their previous two games and this one have all had control input issues. It's no longer a freak bug, they just seem incompetent in this regard.
Granted that the FFB settings are VERY complex, but as I have them now, I'm pretty happy with FFB of my T500RS, 100% better that it was in GT series.
So I would certainly not call SMS incompetent...

Granted that the FFB settings are VERY complex, but as I have them now, I'm pretty happy with FFB of my T500RS, 100% better that it was in GT series.
So I would certainly not call SMS incompetent...

Would you be able to share with us what FFB settings you are using for your T500RS?

Thanks. :)

Would you be able to share with us what FFB settings you are using for your T500RS?

The android app with jack spades settings is perfect for me along with his ffb settings. T500 ps4

Last edited:
The android app with jack spades settings is perfect for me along with his ffb settings. T500 ps4

Unfortunately I don't have an Android device. I've had a look at the FFB settings you mentioned though, but it seems like there are five different presets?

Most of them I found all over the forums, did some tweaking to get this:

Steering deadzone 0
steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 6
throttle sensitivity 50
brake deadzone 6
brake sensitivity 35
clutch deadzone 6
clutch sensitivity 35
speed sensitivity 0
controller filter sens 0
damper sensitivity 0
force feedback 100

tire force 100
per wheel movement 0,00
per wheel movement square 0,00
wheel position smoothing 0,04
deadzone removal range 0,05
deadzone removal falloff 0,01
linkage scale 0,00
linkage stiffness 100
linkage damping 100
relative adjust gain 0,98
relative adjust bleed 0,10
relative adjust clamp 0,96

scoop knee 0,70
scoop reduction 0,25
soft clipping (half input) 0,00
soft clipping (full output) 0,00

Per car: Jack Spade settings.

Works like a charm, for me that is ... :sly:

Most of them I found all over the forums, did some tweaking to get this:

Steering deadzone 0
steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 6
throttle sensitivity 50
brake deadzone 6
brake sensitivity 35
clutch deadzone 6
clutch sensitivity 35
speed sensitivity 0
controller filter sens 0
damper sensitivity 0
force feedback 100

tire force 100
per wheel movement 0,00
per wheel movement square 0,00
wheel position smoothing 0,04
deadzone removal range 0,05
deadzone removal falloff 0,01
linkage scale 0,00
linkage stiffness 100
linkage damping 100
relative adjust gain 0,98
relative adjust bleed 0,10
relative adjust clamp 0,96

scoop knee 0,70
scoop reduction 0,25
soft clipping (half input) 0,00
soft clipping (full output) 0,00

Per car: Jack Spade settings.

Works like a charm, for me that is ... :sly:

Okay, thank you. I will try them out and see if it feels any better! :)

Back