Patch 2.0 - All Platforms

Here are my global FFB settings I'm using with patch 2.0 on PS4 T300 using Jack Spades rumble settings.
I'm so happy with the way it feels i thought I'd share.
FFB CALIBRATION
TF- 50
PWM- 0.04
PWMS- 0.04
WPS- 0.06
DRR- 0.04
DRF- 0.00 MUST DO FULLY LEFT THEN 1 CLICK RIGHT!
LS- 0.00
LS- 1.02
LD- 0.00
RAG- 1.28
RAB- 0.08
RAC- 1.16
SK- 1.00
SR- 0.00
SCHI- 0.00
SCFI- 0.00
CONTROLS.
SDZ- 0
FFB- 100
That's it!
BTW i haven't recalibrated or reset since the patch, and probably never will

Can you not change which wheel you're using in the settings screen? On the PC you can scroll through all the available wheel options until you find the one you're using. It may be different on the PS4, I don't know.

Nope, not as far as I'm aware. How do you you do that on PC, what exactly do you use to scroll with?

VBR
Nope, not as far as I'm aware. How do you you do that on PC, what exactly do you use to scroll with?

Mouse, we just click left or right. I would guess there has to be a way for you to change on on PS4, but that's just a presumption and I could easily be wrong. Seems silly to not let you manually change it, but that would just be another silly thing in a long list of silly things in this game.

PS4 Patch 2.0 with about 5hours on it now.

The game still crashes (I have had 3)
My T300 wheel still occasionally clips (white line in HUD going crazy + vibration at wheel)
The AI is better (cleaner and respects track limits a lot more) still needs improvement
Dubai F1 track tells me I have cut a corner when I am in the middle of the track (only when near AI cars)
Tuning specs seem to save all the time now
Pit stop strategy glitched and some saved strategies had my names wiped plus reset all settings to default

Generally it is an incremental improvement so how long before 2.1 is released?

Here are my global FFB settings I'm using with patch 2.0 on PS4 T300 using Jack Spades rumble settings.
FFB CALIBRATION
TF- 50
PWM- 0.04
PWMS- 0.04
WPS- 0.06
DRR- 0.04
LS- 0.00
LS- 1.02
LD- 0.00
RAG- 1.28
RAB- 0.08
RAC- 1.16
SK- 1.00
SR- 0.00
SCHI- 0.00
SCFI- 0.00
CONTROLS.
SDZ- 0
FFB- 100
That's it!

I tried this wheel setting and it helped me drive the cars even when you use their stock ffb setting. When I put the settings into my wheel, I noticed that I can't set the exact settings that is in your wheel.

Not sure but did they change the collision penalties for 2.0, I spun out and when my car came to rest I was still on the track and facing the wrong direction another car passed me and another one hit me almost head on and I got disqualified for hitting another car...wtf?!? I think SMS needs to add logic to penalties, like if you spin out you aren't actively trying to crash other racers. I almost flipped but I was doing a quick race weekend to test things out, first time I ever encountered this. Anyone else can confirm that you get DQ if you get head on collisions with another car?

Not sure but did they change the collision penalties for 2.0, I spun out and when my car came to rest I was still on the track and facing the wrong direction another car passed me and another one hit me almost head on and I got disqualified for hitting another car...wtf?!? I think SMS needs to add logic to penalties, like if you spin out you aren't actively trying to crash other racers. I almost flipped but I was doing a quick race weekend to test things out, first time I ever encountered this. Anyone else can confirm that you get DQ if you get head on collisions with another car?
That always happened, same happened me shortly after the game was released.

That always happened, same happened me shortly after the game was released.
Thanks I thought that they made penalties stricter but I watched the replay of same race i got DQ'ed in and there was another car literally cutting corners and no penalties given out to the AI. The AI has too much stacked in it's favor to also have them cheat and bully you around the course and you are the only one being given penalties for misbehaving.

Started a new career, endurance series, 3 hour races. A.I is better across the board. They still look like they're thinking about dive bombing you all the time, pulling out into your mirrors at most corners, but they rarely just launch one and sort out the accident later. I was still being overtaken on the grass (the grass which still didn't slow them down, but gravel did!) but it only really happened when i was being lapped by the prototypes - i was in a GT4. Rolling starts are no longer the worst. They've been upgraded to kinda bad. Which I am okay with right now lol.

Didn't encounter any of the annoying pit issues. Tires didn't go from 90 to 140 in 3 corners at any of my stops. Didn't fall through the ground, didn't get stuck in my box, didn't smash the car up leaving the pit lane (little amount of testing to say that's not still a thing, but one of them happened EVERY time i tried an endurance race... so the fact i got through one entirely avoiding it... cool!) Was told during my second stop that my gearbox was damaged and i would probably not have all gears available to me... left the pits to discover an immaculate gearbox that worked like new.

The downshift bug is gone. sort of. Instead of dropping straight to 1st like before. I dropped to second a couple of times during my 2 hours of practice/qualifying and once in the 3 hour race. managed to save it both times, but it happened (maybe this was the gearbox damage, i was notified of above?) both times i was in 5th, heading into turn 9 at Silverstone. Dropped the car into 4th, got 2nd. If bug... boooo!. If damage... Yay the game.. boo me!!

The game doesn't look so crisp at certain times after the patch. Nothing looks bad!, it just looks like they've dulled it for a few more frames. Maybe that's on me. I haven't played the game since 1.4 came out.

Still get held up in the garage at the start of practice. Made to wait my turn for the field to peel out and take to the track. And then nothing. Sat staring into the soul of my front jack man. Start, return to pits, drive is still the only option for this, despite never leaving the pits in the first place.

Short form: Good patch. Several steps in the right direction. Yet to try mulitplayer, still waiting for the skill system to mean something and "long" sessions to be longer than 4 lap races.

however good news so far, game is working way better. rainy races now are really good and tyres type matters for you and for the AI. AI is faster overall and way cleaner. I had probably the best qualyfing experience in a game right now with the gt3 round at watkins glen under the storm. really amazing.

Also steering wheel (t300 here) improved a lot.

happy with the update right now.

UPDATE:

Sorry no hope, i played the game again this evening and damn it is still bugged as hell. Yesterday i had just a lucky session.
AI still has always the right tyres on, already knowing the future weather and it is not damaged by using wrong tyres.

I was racing few minutes ago in the GT3 US career in Watkins, 20 laps. The race started under storm, i had "tyres set by default according to weather", i took the lead and had a very competitive race in rain, i was faster then the AI! Patch works!!!

But..suddenly, still under heavy rain, almost all the field pit for changing tyres. i do not pit as rain is still insane.. after 3 turns rain stops magically and the track dries in something like 15 seconds. I pit and off course i'm overtaken by several cars that adopted a dry strategy while was raining.. already knowing the weather set for the event..

In the dry however i'm super fast and gain again the first position but with 4 laps to go rain kicks in again, (stormy condition according to the game menu), the AI passes me immediatly gaining 7 seconds in 4 turns on dry tyres! i couldn't even turn properly! . I pit to change the tyres, full wet...while nobody pitted again and .. nothing.. last.. with AI winning on dry tyres under "storm condition".. great..

I restarted, i followed the AI in the pit and what happened here? the car comes out of the pits without tyres.. race finished.. ejected disc and started moaning here. sorry.

great patch SMS, really. It's my second SMS game after shift2.. well i spent more time downloading patch and trying to fix controllers (wheels) instead of playing.. SMS is really a mediocre company.

This on ps4.

Last edited:
Lost interest in the game after about a month (PC user). Was a big fan at first but the novelty wore off very quickly, not sure why, maybe the lack of atmosphere, over complicated FFB, average graphics etc. Returned to AC, feels a lot more natural and prefer the graphics. However, majority of my time of late has been with Dirt Rally, it's turning into or will be a very good Sim. Ignore at your peril!

UPDATE:

Sorry no hope, i played the game again this evening and damn it is still bugged as hell. Yesterday i had just a lucky session.
AI still has always the right tyres on, already knowing the future weather and it is not damaged by using wrong tyres.

I was racing few minutes ago in the GT3 US career in Watkins, 20 laps. The race started under storm, i had "tyres set by default according to weather", i took the lead and had a very competitive race in rain, i was faster then the AI! Patch works!!!

But..suddenly, still under heavy rain, almost all the field pit for changing tyres. i do not pit as rain is still insane.. after 3 turns rain stops magically and the track dries in something like 15 seconds. I pit and off course i'm overtaken by several cars that adopted a dry strategy while was raining.. already knowing the weather set for the event..

In the dry however i'm super fast and gain again the first position but with 4 laps to go rain kicks in again, (stormy condition according to the game menu), the AI passes me immediatly gaining 7 seconds in 4 turns on dry tyres! i couldn't even turn properly! . I pit to change the tyres, full wet...while nobody pitted again and .. nothing.. last.. with AI winning on dry tyres under "storm condition".. great..

I restarted, i followed the AI in the pit and what happened here? the car comes out of the pits without tyres.. race finished.. ejected disc and started moaning here. sorry.

great patch SMS, really. It's my second SMS game after shift2.. well i spent more time downloading patch and trying to fix controllers (wheels) instead of playing.. SMS is really a mediocre company.

This on ps4.
You came out of the pits without any tires on? :lol:

Yes, I have been DQ because I was hit by an AI, spun. faced the wrong way, was stationary and hit by another AI and got penalised :-( What was worse is that I was waiting for the track to clear so I could safely turn around. I didn't get the opportunity before the game DQ me.

UPDATE:

This on ps4.

Damn, buying this tomorrow, was hoping 2.0 would fix most stuff :(

FFB CALIBRATION
TF- 50
PWM- 0.04
PWMS- 0.04
WPS- 0.06
DRR- 0.04
LS- 0.00
LS- 1.02
LD- 0.00
RAG- 1.28
RAB- 0.08
RAC- 1.16
SK- 1.00
SR- 0.00
SCHI- 0.00
SCFI- 0.00
CONTROLS.
SDZ- 0
FFB- 100
That's it!
Tried these settings, First thing i noticed is feedback on straights!!! FINALLY the wheel does not feel dead in a straight line! Second thing i noticed was the wheel feels notchy/grinding when turning when before it was smooth.

What settings is related to these things? Feedback on straights due to Deadzone removal? And the notchy feel due to 0 dampening?

Just had two races and i think these settings could be fine tuned to make the feeling much better for me cheers! Oh also i could not get LS- 1.02 would always goto 1.01 or 1.03

edit: few races more i had to go back to default think the deadzone removal is too high

Last edited:
Yes fun except your 25laps race being spoiled by bugs. For god sake i didn't undergo endurance series
I did.
6 endurance races, and now just starting my second Le Mans, this time in a LMP1.
No big problems, other than taking myself out after 6 hrs in Le Mans, while damaging the front of my BMW Z4, headlights shining up and left. Car was beyond repair and I had to quit.
Another one at Road America with a blown engine... But hey, I heard this is possible IRL too... 💡

For the rest the game is big fun after patch 1.4 which sorted out my T500RS issues.
And even before that (not counting the endless unplugging/replugging to get FFB back) the game was pretty good. At least it was a lot better than GT.

My advice: be patient and wait for issues to be dealt with. They will be.
In the meantime: if you have problems with a certain part of the game: leave it and try another. They are all fun.

Don't get me wrong: there is still a lot of work to get everything right and yes, most of should have been fixed by now. But don't be so negative all the time. It does not help anyone and it does not speed up the fixes either.
Enjoy 👍

Last edited:
I still haven't had any problems with AI in changing weather conditions since 1.4. If you try to drive too carefully on slicks when it starts raining, you'll lose your tyre temp way too quickly, and you'll have no grip. I actually lean on the tyres even harder when the rain starts, and do everything I can to maximise the heat I'm putting into the tyres, to prevent them going cold too soon. Doing this I've had no trouble beating the AI on 90% in changing conditions, usually I'm faster than them (some tracks they might be a fraction quicker, but we've all got tracks we're not great at), and I usually need to pit (due to cooling tyres, and losing grip) on the same lap as the AI, or sometimes a lap later.

Loosing ffb most of the time after patch 2.0 on ps4. This game arghhhhh i want to play it but i just am unable to. T500.

I spun out and when my car came to rest I was still on the track and facing the wrong direction another car passed me and another one hit me almost head on and I got disqualified for hitting another car...wtf?!?

It's happened to me a couple of times .... It doesn't bother me because in a rl race if that happened the damage is usually enough that your race is over anyway ;)

The game hasn't asked me to download version 2 - could it have downloaded in the background with needing to ask me? Or do I need to do something to access download??
Yes it downloads when turning on the console well it does with my digital copy not sure about hard copies. It will ask you to start application without updating if its still downloading. 1.3gig i think it was.

Back