Patch 2.0 - All Platforms

When you change brake bias or arbs do you have any idea where you are at?

I can see the brake bias in the Motec screen of the car (at least for those who have such a display). I adjust the arb settings until the car feels right. If you know what effect they have, you can adjust them one time after another until the car feels the way you want it.

Do you mean frames per second? I use RadeonPro(filer) to cap the fps in pc driving games. I assume it'd work for pCARS?

Hi Paul, yes I meant FPS!

I have a R9 280X which came with Raptr and Catalyst software, as far as I can tell I can't use these cap FPS.

Is RadeonPro a seperate program for use with all AMD GPU's or does it only come with certain cards?

EDIT: Just had to wait until the boss left so I could Google it! Looks like this will do for me, thanks again RacerPaul!

Last edited:
For starters it is worse than GT5 and features that were promised from the beginning are not even there after almost two years, go figure.
But let's stay on topic.
SMS is really listening to its customers.

Not sure if trolling :confused: Better to just stay on the topic

(MOD-EDIT): Now now, no need for name-calling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insert joke about PCARS getting version 2.0 before GT6 :P
Already did :D
Who will release a Spec 2.0 first? GT6 or PCars?

7rsi2c.jpg

Not sure if trolling :confused: Better to just stay on the topic

How do you figure? Physics/handling aside (which was a small improvement from previous iterations), GT6 was a pretty big downgrade from GT5 and many features that I used and enjoyed regularly in GT5 were removed from GT6 with no explanation (rally racing, one-make racing with any car in my garage, car trading-which was great for giving rewards to winners of a league/series, endurance races, damage and fuel/tire wear in arcade mode, all gone). GT6 is arguably the worst installment in the franchise, by far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice set of fixes but they are missing audio balancing in replays, they stink as the players' car audio overpowers everything else including ambient noises, I run my stuff through my 5.1 home theater system so I get lots of separation but it's absurd that their replay camera and positional audio is horrific at best, even fly-by's are way out of sync most of the time and at times non existent the other times.

I love this game as it's head and shoulders in terms of authenticity but for such great audio representation, watching replays and listening to them is a sordid affair. They need an audio setup that lets you control all sounds using sliders so you can balance important sounds to your preference and replay audio should have it's own setting a la GT. Can't wait to get this patch though, I'm having one hell of a time with overheating and having to really back off throttle before braking points to increase cooling effect for oil, but I've blown engines a couple of times as I didn't have the MOtec read out button set so I can monitor oil and water temps. This game is definitely not for casuals at all, just make any race 5 laps and watch how many people retire from blown engines.
The F1 FTR Longtail is in dire need of steering fix, squirrely in a straight line right out of the box. I'll be pushing the splendiferous sounding CLK-LM, just wished we had the Warsteiner livery to go with it. Need a way to bag up and import export tuning setups.

Just noticed this odd bug on PS4, not sure it's been mentioned but during the pre race camera passes if you try to swap view points it will freeze the race and it will not start, luckily you can still restart the race but it's very annoying if you tend to press buttons in anticipation of the race start or a way to jump to your preferred view point to wait for the green flag to drop.

Last edited:
This game is definitely not for casuals at all, just make any race 5 laps and watch how many people retire from blown engines.

Did that in the Clio first go I ever had way back on build 841 round a friends house. I think we need a "GT Rehab Thread" where we can recover from our bad habits from that game!

;)

How do you figure? Physics/handling aside (which was a small improvement from previous iterations), GT6 was a pretty big downgrade from GT5 and many features that I used and enjoyed regularly in GT5 were removed from GT6 with no explanation (rally racing, one-make racing with any car in my garage, car trading-which was great for giving rewards to winners of a league/series, endurance races, damage and fuel/tire wear in arcade mode, all gone). GT6 is arguably the worst installment in the franchise, by far.

I love the credit system and huge career mode which had leveling system and lots of griding. I achieved level 40 in both A and B spec and due to credit system got 1100 odd cars. I tried to own all the cars too but somehow could not find them. There were amny good things in GT5 and for its time it was awesome. I also love the sticky tires GT5 has. But after playing GT6 I did not see any point of GT5 after playing hundreds of hours with it. I uninstalled it. GT5 is a great game too but GT6 tracks, which is one of the best if not the best. Improved handling, tire model which is little tricky, in a good way makes it more engaging. This alone is enough. As far as gameplay, content goes I think it is not even debatable. Just going by career mode and other design choice if you say. Then it can also be argued that GT4 is the best in racing game ever made and tough to beat :confused:

Patch 2.0 has just released for the PC version.
So glad! I just booted up the game 2 days ago for the first time in weeks and it was unplayable (every time I started a session something would reset or not work, different on my ~5 attempts). High hopes for this.

Can somebody refresh my memory ! How long was it after the PC master race got there 1.4 update did us console peasants get ours ?

My patch just installed. Only just started the game on PC so I can't tell whether the AI has been fixed yet. Still on the Kart round.

[EDIT] Well, just ran a couple of races and it doesn't seem broken so far. Guess that's something.

Last edited:
My patch just installed. Only just started the game on PC so I can't tell whether the AI has been fixed yet. Still on the Kart round.

[EDIT] Well, just ran a couple of races and it doesn't seem broken so far. Guess that's something.
How you mean AI hasn't been fixed exactly?

Latest Posts

Back