Patch 2.0 - All Platforms

GT have lots of problems, PD is stuck in 1998 and all that, but GT6 didn't came out nearly as broken and unplayable as pCARS.

Personally, I'd have to disagree. It had many bugs, especially when it came to tuning (camber, anyone?), and was missing all kinds of content and useful features that were in GT5. The "career" mode and AI are completely useless. And online racing was so unstable that I eventually threw in the towel and bought a PC. Not to mention new cars being released with no interior. Whereas with pCARS I have nearly 100 hours in the game and I've hardly experienced any bugs (full disclosure, I haven't done much online racing which reportedly has some issues).

GT have lots of problems, PD is stuck in 1998 and all that, but GT6 didn't came out nearly as broken and unplayable as pCARS.
I do admit that PCars is still unfinished, but that does not make it unplayable for me.
I have around 150 hrs now, I did encounter some issues, but I am on my fourth complete season and did almost 900 races.
Before the first patch I had a lot of trouble with FFB, but unplugging and replugging the wheel took care of that. Since patch 1.4 this has been fixed.
I have to say that PCars is a lot more immersive than GT, which gave me less playtime than I am used to, just because the game is more physical...
In GT I could easily run 4 to 6 24' races daily on the Ring (12-18 laps)... Just can't do that in PCars.

I do admit that PCars is still unfinished, but that does not make it unplayable for me.
I have around 150 hrs now, I did encounter some issues, but I am on my fourth complete season and did almost 900 races.
Before the first patch I had a lot of trouble with FFB, but unplugging and replugging the wheel took care of that. Since patch 1.4 this has been fixed.
I have to say that PCars is a lot more immersive than GT, which gave me less playtime than I am used to, just because the game is more physical...
In GT I could easily run 4 to 6 24' races daily on the Ring (12-18 laps)... Just can't do that in PCars.
I can agree on the immersion. I'm really only good for a race "weekend" per day. With the full 30 minutes of practice, especially in the first round of the Series, the full Qualifying, and races at 100%, I am playing the game at a snails' pace compared to how I'd run GT.

Last edited:
I can agree on the immersion. I'm really only good for a race "weekend" per day. With the full 30 minutes of practice, especially in the first round of the Series, the fully Qualifying, and races at 100%, I am playing the game at a snails pace compared to how I'd run GT.
Glad to hear, thought I was just getting old(er) :D

This one is also interesting: http://steamspy.com/app/234630
I managed to pick it up at the bottom of the price curve thanks to a tip on this here forum.

I imagine at least some of those people who stopped playing the game are waiting for patches to sort out the problems and that they're not all walking away like the casual racers. Wouldn't mind seeing some similar player numbers for PS4 already alongside those for GT5/6. In isolation they don't mean much.

I managed to pick it up at the bottom of the price curve thanks to a tip on this here forum.

I imagine at least some of those people who stopped playing the game are waiting for patches to sort out the problems and that they're not all walking away like the casual racers. Wouldn't mind seeing some similar player numbers for PS4 already alongside those for GT5/6. In isolation they don't mean much.

Indeed I've hardly played it at all in the last two weeks, not because I have given up on it, but because I want to wait until it is less buggy.

I have played a bit since patch 2.0, but circumstances have been against me. The game is not going anywhere though, it will still be there for me when I have more time & hopefully in a much better condition.

Indeed I've hardly played it at all in the last two weeks, not because I have given up on it, but because I want to wait until it is less buggy.

I have played a bit since patch 2.0, but circumstances have been against me. The game is not going anywhere though, it will still be there for me when I have more time & hopefully in a much better condition.
Add me to that list, been busy trucking with ETD2 lately as i waited for 2.0 and the AI being fixed in the rain. This is the best racing game ever but it just needs some polishing, so no reason to dump it at all.

Add me to that list, been busy trucking with ETD2 lately as i waited for 2.0 and the AI being fixed in the rain. This is the best racing game ever but it just needs some polishing, so no reason to dump it at all.

Yeah, I had a corrupted save after 90+ hours but i have just started another career, normally i would not play a game after that, but it is streets ahead of GT and Forza imo so I will continue with it. Forza 6 won't be as good either, and i used to love forza back in the day, mainly forza 2.

This is what Ian Bell wrote yesterday .......not bad .
"
I can tell you that your main points of concern are largely fixed in the upcoming patch.

I can also tell you the patch will be along in some days.👍
Big tease from Ian Bell today on SMS forum.

User:"Release date for the update 2.0 (PS4)?"
Ian Bell:"Very VERY soon. I promise."
User:"do I need to phone in sick tomorrow then Ian :)"
Ian Bell:"Maybe :)"

I was thinking end of this week at the earliest. But now maybe tomorrow?! :eek:
*Where did I put the hype train meme?*

I can use the wheel and the pad at the same time! Incredulous! Will have a play around with photo mode now.

And I thought they were going to fix the soft steering dampening always being on upon start up? it's still ON when launching the game.

EDIT: I don't like this photomode lol. Probably won't spend much time here. Limited camera angles & effects and I have no idea why they chose to make some of the sliders so slow to move.

Last edited:
Just had first major glitch which never happened pre-2.0 where all functions on my T300 stopped working mid-race. Not one button. Had to use pad to close game and restart after unplugging the wheel.

Just had first major glitch which never happened pre-2.0 where all functions on my T300 stopped working mid-race. Not one button. Had to use pad to close game and restart after unplugging the wheel.
great... i won't update, i want to play relaxed tonight.

I wouldn't say this patch introduced this bug. I've had that happen on the first day the game was released (and it happened after a crash as well).

I wouldn't say this patch introduced this bug. I've had that happen on the first day the game was released (and it happened after a crash as well).
Ah, ok. You'll be pleased to know that the 'wheel moves by itself to 10 o'clock' bug is still there plus the 'I've lost all FFB' bug too.

Oh ffs!!!

Got a full day of decorating the house ahead of me so unable to try the patch - Gutted!

Still awaiting patch, guess the patch goes live tomorrow. I'm in the US and checked for a patch but nothing. Haven't played single player since hearing about rain issues and then experiencing them in quick race, I'm not going to infuriate myself with the AI driving as unreasonable speeds in the wet, while I get hamstrung. I got patience and I find that works out well for me, plus I have other games I can play in the mean time.

EDIT
Patch just went live in the US, just checked again and it said update available. 12:03pm here NYC. I await installation then will dive in to see what has changed.

Last edited:
I don't see these issues addressed:

1) game locks up if you select skip to end of session when on track, sometimes when in the pits.

2) clicking the drive button does nothing, you have to re-enter the pits (even though are in the pits) and select drive again. This happens constantly as I tweak car settings in a race practice event, or just free practice.

3) the AI seems to be all over the place, I like the level 80 setting so it's pretty close racing (1-2 second lead after a few laps at most), but some races like the Lotus 98T event and the HTC events I had to bump the AI down to 60 for those events after spending a lot of time tuning each car. Then for the TC Euro event, at level 80 I was waaaaaay faster than the AI.

Anyone else see these things?

Jerome

Back