Patch 2.0 - All Platforms

I don't see these issues addressed:

1) game locks up if you select skip to end of session when on track, sometimes when in the pits.

2) clicking the drive button does nothing, you have to re-enter the pits (even though are in the pits) and select drive again. This happens constantly as I tweak car settings in a race practice event, or just free practice.

3) the AI seems to be all over the place, I like the level 80 setting so it's pretty close racing (1-2 second lead after a few laps at most), but some races like the Lotus 98T event and the HTC events I had to bump the AI down to 60 for those events after spending a lot of time tuning each car. Then for the TC Euro event, at level 80 I was waaaaaay faster than the AI.

Anyone else see these things?

Jerome
I haven't seen much difference in AI crash avoidance. I span out at Eau Rouge earlier and got battered repeatedly by psycho AI. Not one of them braked or even tried to go round me. I was pretty dizzy after all that lol

Dunno if it's just me but the AI seemed a bit tougher on my usual difficulty. Not complaining there though. Will try some open wheelers later to see if they're still crazy.

I think the pad & wheel combo has brought some new issues. As I type this I have both my DS4 and T300 turned on but my wheel has no buttons responding other than the Home button. I can, however, pick up the pad and race.

So now I am currently in the pause screen. If I turn the pad off the only thing I can do with the wheel is scroll up and down, when I hit circle to back up I see the pause screen disappear for a second then it's back on. I can't get rid of it. Even selecting restart race with the wheel takes me straight back to the pause screen.

It's like the game has become confused due to there now being 2 controller devices. I'm going to have to quit the game and restart.

Very frustrating.

I think the pad & wheel combo has brought some new issues. As I type this I have both my DS4 and T300 turned on but my wheel has no buttons responding other than the Home button. I can, however, pick up the pad and race.

So now I am currently in the pause screen. If I turn the pad off the only thing I can do with the wheel is scroll up and down, when I hit circle to back up I see the pause screen disappear for a second then it's back on. I can't get rid of it. Even selecting restart race with the wheel takes me straight back to the pause screen.

It's like the game has become confused due to there now being 2 controller devices. I'm going to have to quit the game and restart.

Very frustrating.
My guess is that you started the game using the controller. It will be remembered as your first control ?

My guess is that you started the game using the controller. It will be remembered as your first control?
Yes I believe I read that on the pCARS site. Start the game with your wheel and then add your controller once its booted

My guess is that you started the game using the controller. It will be remembered as your first control ?
Earlier it was working fine, even with the game being launched with the pad. There should be full functionality of both devices with this patch or it's pointless. I could race with the wheel, pause, go to photo mode and then pick up the pad and use it a couple of hours ago. Not now.

And I've just had 5 races in a row with no FFB. Restarting did not help. I've had to close application and restart. Beginning to lose my patience now, especially if this new patch means new glitches.

Cool, let me know if it works. I'm on X1 so no 2.0 patch just yet
So far so good thanks. A lot of people are going to have this issue if it's not made clear that the wheel needs to be used to actually launch the game.​

What about people who can't use the wheel to start the game on PS4 (CSR, T500 users)?
Don't know. I definitely used the pad to launch it earlier and everything worked. If it's a requirement they need to put it in the patch notes really.

Don't know. I definitely used the pad to launch it earlier and everything worked. If it's a requirement they need to put it in the patch notes really.

Yes I believe I read that on the pCARS site. Start the game with your wheel and then add your controller once its booted

I'm using a T500RS on PS4 - i always start up Project CARS using my DS4 controller. To be able to use your wheel, all you are required to do is press X on your wheel (not your DS4) when prompted to press X the first time just after you have launched the game. The input-device you use to press X will be locked as your "controller".

If you press X with your DS4, your DS4 will operate the game, if you press X on your wheel, your wheel will operate the game.

Has the centre spring issue on the T300 been fixed?
All I know is that if you park and move the wheel all the way to one side and don't accelerate it still springs round until it settles. If you then drive away it settles fairly quickly, but I guess the answer is no.

I'm using a T500RS on PS4 - i always start up Project CARS using my DS4 controller. To be able to use your wheel, all you are required to do is press X on your wheel (not your DS4) when prompted to press X the first time just after you have launched the game. The input-device you use to press X will be locked as your "controller".

If you press X with your DS4, your DS4 will operate the game, if you press X on your wheel, your wheel will operate the game.
That's what I did earlier but then my wheel started playing up, the buttons stopped responding.

It's been fixed for me!

For me it happened about 10% of the time, so I won't know if it's been fixed for me for a while. Fingers crossed.

Jerome

For me it happened about 10% of the time, so I won't know if it's been fixed for me for a while. Fingers crossed.

Jerome
It's not a massive issue for me, I'm more concerned with the complete lack of FFB I've encountered which has happened more today than the entire time I've had the game. Not sure if I believe in coincidences.

I haven't either. I thought that was what Bleeder was saying you need to do to avoid problems.
That's just what someone else told me! :PI'm sure I loaded the game as normal after the patch (with the pad) then launched a race, used the pad for photomode, went back to wheel to drive. Later on I got the problems where the wheel stopped working and my game hung on the pause screen and only the pad could be used to race.

All I know is that if you park and move the wheel all the way to one side and don't accelerate it still springs round until it settles. If you then drive away it settles fairly quickly, but I guess the answer is no.
Yep it's defo not fixed, Still violently centering, Just made a post on the official forums and Ian Bell seems adament that it's defo fixed also claiming 5 others have no issues anymore! Weird think were just doomed to be constantly fighting with the T300 and this game :(

Well, after patch 2.0 my wheel doesn't work at all. So, I tried recalibrating it only to find that the game now thinks my Fanatec GT2 is a Turbo S! It won't calibrate the wheel properly & it won't even recognise any inputs from my pedals at all. Two months of trying to play this game is making me feel like giving up now, enough is enough.

SMS has given me the best experience ever of interacting with a game developer. However, Project CARS has been the single worst gaming experience of my whole life.

:(

VBR
Well, after patch 2.0 my wheel doesn't work at all. So, I tried recalibrating it only to find that the game now thinks my Fanatec GT2 is a Turbo S! It won't calibrate the wheel properly & it won't even recognise any inputs from my pedals at all. Two months of trying to play this game is making me feel like giving up now, enough is enough.

SMS has given me the best experience ever of interacting with a game developer. However, Project CARS has been the single worst gaming experience of my whole life.

Oh that sucks. I will admit it's getting pretty frustrating. I'd have thought getting the input devices completely sorted would be priority 1, before everything else. If we can't physically play the game we won't ever come across AI bugs and whatnot.

Oh that sucks. I will admit it's getting pretty frustrating. I'd have thought getting the input devices completely sorted would be priority 1, before everything else. If we can't physically play the game we won't ever come across AI bugs and whatnot.

My wheel wasn't working until patch 1.4, so I couldn't even play it at all until after 1 month. Now I still can't play it at all. I really like SMS business model, & the way WMD has funded & produced this game; but for me this game is just an unplayable bug ridden mess, & I'm almost at the end of my tether with it.

:banghead:

Bet you have master scale at 50 or so. My t300 is fine and was since day 1... I never updated its firmware but not sure if it matters. Have you tried resetting your wheel settings and reinput them? What settings do you use?
What wheel do you have mate?

This is what i get after the update with T300...

VBR

Somebody on thr SMS forums had the same problem but they fixed by changing the profiler on a fanatec. Not sure which one but it changing profiler 1 to 2 or maybe it was 2 to 1 . I dont have Fanatec so i didnt pay much attention.

Back