Patch 3.0 Still Buggy :-(

• Thread starter TT92
  • 460 comments
VBR
Fanatec GT2 wheel here too, & all bugs gone for me since patch 3.0. Buttons light up with PS3 icons. Just make sure to put it into PC mode before you launch the game. Still can't get used to this wheel though, would much rather use my G25.

That's a first.

VBR
Fanatec GT2 wheel here too, & all bugs gone for me since patch 3.0. Buttons light up with PS3 icons. Just make sure to put it into PC mode before you launch the game. Still can't get used to this wheel though, would much rather use my G25.

That sounds almost too good to be true. Would you please confirm the *HUGE* dead spot in the centre wheel position is now gone and can be adjust down to *no* free play at all?

As far as getting used to it goes, it won't take long, as it really is a very good wheel.

The Xbone seems to have issues as well on 3.0 :(

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38176-New-Patch-Bugs&p=1102845#post1102845

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38152-3-0-still-stuttering&p=1102599#post1102599

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38119-3-0-Pits-Bugs

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38169-Patch-3-0-Career-Progress-Lost

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38116-After-patch-3-0-game-crashing-to-Xbox-dash

To avoid crashes, people are suggesting to do fresh install/new save on each new patch update, and always shut down the console ( no sleep or instant mode )

"Uninstall the main game and all DLCs,
do a hard reset to clear the cache,
reinstall the game (if it is a disc it forces you to download 3GB before it starts to install the game to include the latest patch directly.

After completion download all your DLC stuff, it will install automatically. Do a hard reset and have fun. If you can live with the setup save fail for a while (until the next patch I hope), you don't need to erase your game save."

This workaround should apply to PS4 as well :)

The Xbone patch certification by Microsoft took longer days than the PS4, but that didn't help either ... :(

That sounds almost too good to be true. Would you please confirm the *HUGE* dead spot in the centre wheel position is now gone and can be adjust down to *no* free play at all?

As far as getting used to it goes, it won't take long, as it really is a very good wheel.

The huge dead zone was gone several updates ago. Just make sure that deadzone in-game is set to 0, as even a setting of 1 makes it unplayable imo.

I have no trouble with the wheels ffb, more with the horrible hand positions & stupid button layout (had it since May, still not used to it). I am seriously considering selling it & putting the proceeds towards a G29! I really don't like the GT2 much, & am the lookout for a CSR at present.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38176-New-Patch-Bugs&p=1102845#post1102845

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38152-3-0-still-stuttering&p=1102599#post1102599

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38169-Patch-3-0-Career-Progress-Lost

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38116-After-patch-3-0-game-crashing-to-Xbox-dash

To avoid crashes, people are suggesting to do fresh install/new save on each new patch update, and always shut down the console ( no sleep or instant mode )

reinstall the game (if it is a disc it forces you to download 3GB before it starts to install the game to include the latest patch directly.

After completion download all your DLC stuff, it will install automatically. Do a hard reset and have fun. If you can live with the setup save fail for a while (until the next patch I hope), you don't need to erase your game save."

The Xbone patch certification by Microsoft took longer days than the PS4, but that didn't help either ... :(
With ps4 it dosed do the job .
Still lot of issue so don't put your time in it .
I have tried with the last pach and all issue be for pach 3.0 are still there .

So it would appear that now the XBone has the same issues as PS4 I feel that all those people that vilified me and my PS4 should be lining up to apologise.

So I would infer that the real reason for the crashes is that SMS really hasn't a clue when it comes to programming for consoles!

Played for 7 hours straight yesterday,doing TT,s and online. Not one problem. You guys need to look at your PS4 or reinstall the game.

The only persistent bug I get is the tires issues not giving you the tires you ask for and refueling. And some tracks where the AI cuts corners and chicanes like online cheaters. Also need a fix on the BRNO track with playing pinball with the tire stack :lol:
Also the time posted in the race results sometime it's way out to lunch no logic behind the #'s posted.
The other bug is the fault and caution AI cuts corners or chicanes and torpedo you of the track he should get the warming not you. That is why any races over 30 laps I turn the feature off.

Last edited:
After starting up the game, the already selected Alpine A450 magically became a unselectable red color with no livery...

20150829_192022.jpg

Never happen to me what platform you on?
Like my previous posts if you are on a PS4 a cooling unit helps with a lot of graphic glitches. As far I'm concerned is a must have with this sim.

PS4, it seemed to be a start up glitch, not an overheating issue.

Played for 7 hours straight yesterday,doing TT,s and online. Not one problem. You guys need to look at your PS4 or reinstall the game.

You (and SMS) are missing the point. The further you are into the game and the more saved data you have the more likely the game is to crash because the game interprets saved data as corrupted files. So yes, you are correct, a fresh install with no saved data will fix the problem because this is how SMS instructed their testers to do the testing.

Although, that does not solve the problem that SMS has created. The proof being that now the XBone has the same issues. Are you going to condemn those machines as well?

You (and SMS) are missing the point. The further you are into the game and the more saved data you have the more likely the game is to crash because the game interprets saved data as corrupted files. So yes, you are correct, a fresh install with no saved data will fix the problem because this is how SMS instructed their testers to do the testing.

Although, that does not solve the problem that SMS has created. The proof being that now the XBone has the same issues. Are you going to condemn those machines as well?
OK I don't own an Xbone,I have a disk copy. My assumption is if you have a digital copy and terrible internet connection,probably something went wrong when you downloaded the game. Could be wrong,but I have 200 hours of playing,yes there has been issues,but damn not anywhere what some are having. I have extremely good internet,so I have never had and issue. Maybe that's the issue.

I don't claim to know anything about programming. I do know SMS is struggling to understand it as well ;-)

Well programming is not easy today, with the size of coding it's ridiculous and crossed platforms means your brain go numbbb how many lines of code in this sim, it's brain boggling. All I am saying is be a bit more mature about your post. I understand the problem you had and I did replicate your problems but constructive criticism go a long ways to improve this sim and knowledge instead of verbal non-sense words. It's call maturity and with that comes responsibility. I know you like the game but the words you use are very immature. That said think what you going to post before you write it down.
Some of it is totally unprofessional and very childish. I'm an old dinosaurs been involved in game design and what not, and if you gonna criticized you better walk in there shoes before making a statement. No hard feelings but someone got to put you in the right racing groove.

PS4, it seemed to be a start up glitch, not an overheating issue.
Like I said never come across these ones.But
I will keep an eye out on the side for this one.
I'm running out of eye balls ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK here is my thoughts on this,my friend lives in the States,has wonky internet,he has problems too. Maybe it's the interweb causing problems connecting to PCars? I have not had as many problems as a few on here. Day 1 PS4,don't get it.

OK here is my thoughts on this,my friend lives in the States,has wonky internet,he has problems too. Maybe it's the interweb causing problems connecting to PCars? I have not had as many problems as a few on here. Day 1 PS4,don't get it.

That as logic to it because my PS4 is disconnected from the web because of my crappie internet. The race I do I am disconnected from the net. It does have values to it. The last few years most of the patches in games as been related to the internet side.

Well programming is not easy today, with the size of coding it's ridiculous and crossed platforms means your brain go numbbb how many lines of code in this sim, it's brain boggling. All I am saying is be a bit more mature about your post. I understand the problem you had and I did replicate your problems but constructive criticism go a long ways to improve this sim and knowledge instead of verbal non-sense words. It's call maturity and with that comes responsibility. I know you like the game but the words you use are very immature. That said think what you going to post before you write it down.
Some of it is totally unprofessional and very childish. I'm an old dinosaurs been involved in game design and what not, and if you gonna criticized you better walk in there shoes before making a statement. No hard feelings but someone got to put you in the right racing groove.

Yes, I do agree I am being childish and I am having a huge dummy spit. BUT, I honestly believe I am entitled to. I am a retail customer that paid full price for a product that does not function properly and the developers are doing everything they can to NOT fix it while concentrating on ways to generate more income for themselves.

I did not sign up to be a beta tester! >:-(

It is now 4 months and we are having the same issues that were there at launch. This is just not acceptable when SMS held back a game that was "99.9% complete" to give the impression they were delivering a polished product.

Why would SMS waste time and resources worrying about stupid rain drops on windshields when it has a game that falls over all the time (for a lot of people).

So as a programmer are you saying this is how you would go about developing this game? You would concentrate on trivialities and ignore the fundamental underlying faults with your code? Surely not.

To quote another poster here "somewhere buried in here is a very good game". I whole heartedly agree with this.

Being constructive and helpful is obviously not getting anyone anywhere. SMS are not listening. They are too busy patting each other on the back, banking their money, concentrating on PCARS2 and in the meantime letting the work experience kid have a go at coding.

I am not happy!

Yes, I do agree I am being childish and I am having a huge dummy spit. BUT, I honestly believe I am entitled to. I am a retail customer that paid full price for a product that does not function properly and the developers are doing everything they can to NOT fix it while concentrating on ways to generate more income for themselves.

It is now 4 months and we are having the same issues that were there at launch. This is just not acceptable when SMS held back a game that was "99.9% complete" to give the impression they were delivering a polished product.

Why would SMS waste time and resources worrying about stupid rain drops on windshields when it has a game that falls over all the time (for a lot of people).

So as a programmer are you saying this is how you would go about developing this game? You would concentrate on trivialities and ignore the fundamental underlying faults with your code? Surely not.

To quote another poster here "somewhere buried in here is a very good game". I whole heartedly agree with this.

Being constructive and helpful is obviously not getting anyone anywhere. SMS are not listening. They are too busy patting each other on the back, banking their money, concentrating on PCARS2 and in the meantime letting the work experience kid have a go at coding.

I am not happy!
Uhmm,sell the game. Damn I'll buy it from you.

Anyone else keep having the game crash whenever you try to edit your car set up? The error code is CE-34878-0

Yes. That is the corrupted data code that relates to your saved data. Re-read my posts here for the full explanation.

Basically because SMS has renamed the tyres in patch 3.0 any car that has tyres changed is interpreted as having corrupted data, hence the code.

Keep sending the bug reports to Sony. Maybe they can do some head kicking at SMS to get them to fix it.

This is also why people are recommending you delete your profile and why it will work.

Uhmm,sell the game. Damn I'll buy it from you.

A$99.00 plus shipping and its yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not happy!

I agree with you on lots of points but we live a planet full of bugs. Example : Dodge as to make how many recall because us savvy user could control the car with a smartphone. Now said all I ask is a little more maturity. Remember this is a baby compared when they were with AE

I agree with you on lots of points but we live a planet full of bugs. Example : Dodge as to make how many recall because us savvy user could control the car with a smartphone. Now said all I ask is a little more maturity. Remember this is a baby compared when they were with AE
Man I've played video games since they were invented. Shows my age.
Anyhow,try a save,fresh install,might work. Oops that was for TT

Ha,ha,Canadian? Little Mark up?

NO! That is the price I paid and was the RRP on release :-( Aussie are ripped off for all sorts of things in this country, software being a prime example.

Just checked, still the same price.

https://ebgames.com.au/any/any?q=Project Cars Limited Edition&availability=onlinestock

OK so save your data to cloud or USB.
Try a fresh install.

Read the my other posts here. The corrupted data *IS* the saved profile. Because SMS renamed the tyres, any saved set up with previously changed tyres is now considered corrupted by the game (sometimes).

Also the proof that this is not the case is the fact that the first crash back to XMB happened day one, on the brand new fresh install.

Also I have finished the whole career bar 5 races I will not delete my profile either.

I am not happy!
We get that, and none of us would be if we were in your position. And I agree that throwing out your profile (with that many hours of effort in it) is not a solution, but currently it's the only workaround.

the developers are doing everything they can to NOT fix it while concentrating on ways to generate more income for themselves.

But statements like this are just not true. The patches they have released so far prove otherwise. They spend a lot (if not most ) of their effort on getting out patch after patch after patch. If instead you would have claimed that SMS QA sucks, I'm quite sure you wouldn't get the same amount of resistance. ;)

Unfortunately, It's a pattern that I see occurring quite frequently when it comes to indie developers. They lack efficient QA so all they can do is release, patch, patch, patch, patch, patch. It was pretty much the same with Kunos (AC was a huge mess at launch), inXile (Wasteland 2) and several other indie games I bought.

In the end they usually nail it though. And with all of these developers (SMS included) there are very short and open lines of communication. Just as long as you don't act like a dick, SMS will listen in my experience. But they have low tolerance for people who keep nagging or looking for rant or fight.

Back