Patch 3.0 Still Buggy :-(

• Thread starter TT92
  • 460 comments
I do not require help, I require SMS to fix their faulty product.

Well you won't get that by choosing not to communicate with them will you? Put the time into communicating with SMS that you've put into communicating with people on here and you might end up with a less frustrating experience.

I suggest you get on their forum, type in a non confrontational manner (important) and maybe some of your issues might get fixed. Remember though that if your issues are something that only a few people are getting and many players aren't then they won't necessarily always be at the top of the priority list.

Most bugs or change requests that I have contributed to reporting have been fixed or implemented. When they are it improves the experience for all of us.

Last edited:
So let me ask a question? Did you respond in the same fashion about a game that still isn't even close to what was on promised the back cover?
All PS4 games are crappy, period. Glitch,bugs,crappy online,I could go on for hours. Save some time and headache and fill up the Devolopers inbox.

And this PS4 quote classifies really high in this year's BS standings.

You really have a ps4?

OK since XBOX1 patch users reporting crashes... not happened to me, but again it happens to some not all.... its the game guys.

Racing online last night (PS4), a guy "blue screened" out of the game twice. The first time it corrupt his save data and sent him back to day 1 with all his setups erased. He's someone who does a lot of tweaking so he lost hours of work.
Luckily PS+ has cloud support and after a bit of fiddling around managed to get it all back.

Playing the disc version on PS4 and I have no crashes to XMB to report.

As far as bugs go, that's another story; Like playing endurance racing, change tires and then find that it really didn't changed the tires, HUD tells me that it did, but grip levels say otherwise (and yes, after warming them up, same grip feel as if they were never changed).

Game is good, but is honestly not user-friendly, having to mess with DS4 settings to play the game comfortably is not good design for consoles, is just introducing over-complexity from PC to people who are trying to get away from it.

I'll bet that the issue relies on the digital version of the game, could be either data corruption or the size of the game being too big for the PS4 to handle. Not sure if the PS4 has a defragmentation feature for the hard disc, but I would start from there, and then try to redownload the game (however it could just be faulty game files uploaded by SMS, which in turn could be a issue for all the digital version users, that would be my second bet).

And this PS4 quote classifies really high in this year's BS standings.

You really have a ps4?
Should I list the problems that games have had on PS4.
Battlefield
Destiny
DriveClub
GTA
COD
PCars
Should I continue?
Yes I've owned a PS4 since day 1

Playing the disc version on PS4 and I have no crashes to XMB to report.

As far as bugs go, that's another story; Like playing endurance racing, change tires and then find that it really didn't changed the tires, HUD tells me that it did, but grip levels say otherwise (and yes, after warming them up, same grip feel as if they were never changed).

Game is good, but is honestly not user-friendly, having to mess with DS4 settings to play the game comfortably is not good design for consoles, is just introducing over-complexity from PC to people who are trying to get away from it.

I'll bet that the issue relies on the digital version of the game, could be either data corruption or the size of the game being too big for the PS4 to handle. Not sure if the PS4 has a defragmentation feature for the hard disc, but I would start from there, and then try to redownload the game (however it could just be faulty game files uploaded by SMS, which in turn could be a issue for all the digital version users, that would be my second bet).

I also use the disc version. From the replies I have seen the split seems to be even between disc and digital version as to the problems. I therefore conclude the issues are not version specific.

What I am seeing is that the further people are through the career mode and the more they have tuned their vehicles the more issues they have.

After update 3.0 the major issue for crashing back to XMB has been renaming the tyres. Any saved tyre that does not correspond with the new naming system is considered as corrupted data by the game and causes a crash (but not all the time).

Can we please stop double-posting? This thread seems to be rife with it.

You don't need to make a separate post for each post you're replying to. Every time you hit the Reply button, that post is added to the reply box. Or hit +Quote to queue them up and Insert Quotes, so you don't jump to the bottom every time. Or highlight a bit of post and click the new Reply/Quote buttons in the pop up.

I also use the disc version. From the replies I have seen the split seems to be even between disc and digital version as to the problems. I therefore conclude the issues are not version specific.

What I am seeing is that the further people are through the career mode and the more they have tuned their vehicles the more issues they have.

After update 3.0 the major issue for crashing back to XMB has been renaming the tyres. Any saved tyre that does not correspond with the new naming system is considered as corrupted data by the game and causes a crash (but not all the time).

I am on my 4th season ,a few tunes ,but have had no crashes since patch 3.0 but all my set-ups are messed up

My Nascar set-up for Watgins Glen would not turn after the patch like it had no grip ,but i copied my set-up down ,reset to the default set-up then put the same set-up in again ,and it worked liked it did before ,which i find very bizare but may prove youre point about the tyres

Since patch 3.0 I've had two major issues, blue screen and error code when exiting an online race, and occasional complete save data corruption when in career mode, rendering career mode useless. Got ps4 disc version. Is this common or could it be an issue with my ps4?

Since patch 3.0 I've had two major issues, blue screen and error code when exiting an online race, and occasional complete save data corruption when in career mode, rendering career mode useless. Got ps4 disc version. Is this common or could it be an issue with my ps4?

If other games are working fine then i would assume its Project Cars

Had a go last night for the first time in a while, as I finally got my new wheel all set up. Loving the physics and ffb in this game, but in just over a couple of hours playing career, I did have a crash back to PS4 home menu. It happened in the middle of a practice session in Formula C in career, in the middle of a lap. I wasn't doing anything differently to what I had been previously. I loaded the game back up, went back into the practice session, and did the whole session without a problem, so it was completely random it seems.

As far as I can tell, the game is a lot more stable than previously. I had only played it briefly with 2.0 before I shelved it to wait until I got my wheel, so 3.0 is new to me. Most of the small bugs that, while not game breaking, were kind of annoying when I first got the game, are now gone. I haven't played enough to see if the crashes are less or more frequent than before, but I did have a lot of crashes in the pre 2.0 game, so I'd be surprised if it's gotten worse.

I love the new hud info, and the weather report in the set up screen was desperately needed, so I'm happy that's been added too. Also found my wheel works brilliantly (CSR + CSP V1). I haven't had a single problem with it so far. After reading a thorough explanation of the ridiculous amount of ffb settings, I found them pretty easy to set up, and have got an amazing feel through my wheel. The ffb is so strong, and yet so detailed, I love it.

So, so far I think the patches have been very good. If they keep this rate of development up, the game should get to where it needs to be before long. Now bring on the historic dlc!

I've always loved PCars despite the many bugs and glitches and have always enjoyed playing it, they have always been annoying/irritating rather than game breaking.
But last night after playing for 4 hours I just started to feel meh about the game. I experienced a couple of bugs and glitches which I used to just not let bother me but after that session I was just a bit fed up really.
Fed up enough to actually start being very interested in the imminent release of Forza 6 and giving some serious thought to selling my PS4 and waving bye to PCars and purchasing an XBone and Forza 6.
So much potential but I have to be honest and admit that this is the most bug ridden and broken title I have ever owned and perhaps I'm just over the whole thing now. I'm not sure it will ever be fixed properly because I finally faced up to the fact that there are an overwhelming number of issues with PCars. I'll hang in there for a while longer but I'm falling out of love with it.

ive looked through several threads.Finished building my cockpit,iam about to purchase the game on ps4 and update it, whats offline career on ps4 like ? does it have lots of problems ? or is it mainly online problems ? thanks

ive looked through several threads.Finished building my cockpit,iam about to purchase the game on ps4 and update it, whats offline career on ps4 like ? does it have lots of problems ? or is it mainly online problems ? thanks

Dude you'll be getting it for 28.99 now with patch 3, go get it already, any bugs now can pretty much be overlooked at under 30 quid. Go go go!!!

I've got 3 careers on the go (2 on 1 account, 1 on another) and I rarely experience any problems. Other people will tell you different, but I think if you are planning on doing the races with 100% of laps, you won't find many faults. PS4 by the way.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as @Spooky Wooky, I only play career mode and offline single player events, and I rarely have problems compared to how many problems some people are reporting. I also do 100% distance in career, and to be fair I've only just started playing again since I shelved it right after 2.0 came out, so I haven't had as much time to be exposed to crashes and bugs as some others. I will say though, that since I started playing again, I've logged about 8 - 10 hours, maybe more (had plenty of time today to play, and had a couple of hours last night), and I've had one crash back to the PS4 home screen, and not one single bug during gameplay.

The AI did give me the ***** during a wet race, as I was so much quicker than them I ended up lapping them, but they did not like being lapped lol. They full on turned in on me when I went up the inside, and divebombed into the side of me if I tried it around the outside. They have behaved themselves most of the time, just that one wet race they were all acting like pre-workout just kicked in.(gym freaks will get that).

Should I list the problems that games have had on PS4.
Battlefield
Destiny
DriveClub
GTA
COD
PCars
Should I continue?
Yes I've owned a PS4 since day 1

What problem did you have with Destiny, COD and GTA?

I'm curious. Very. Very curious to know what game breaking issues did you got with these.

Last edited:
What problem did you have with Destiny, COD and GTA?

I'm curious. Very. Very curious to know what game breaking issues did you got with these.

I am glad someone else asked this first because I was wondering exactly the same thing.

I completed COD Ghosts and AW on veteran and have the PS Plus version of Drive Club and have not had any issues at all. Admittedly I play Drive Club very little as I dislike the arcade feel of it but the CODs I played extensively and earned all the offline trophies too and none have any bugs worth mentioning. Whereas Project BUGS................ ;-)

I am glad someone else asked this first because I was wondering exactly the same thing.

I completed COD Ghosts and AW on veteran and have the PS Plus version of Drive Club and have not had any issues at all. Admittedly I play Drive Club very little as I dislike the arcade feel of it but the CODs I played extensively and earned all the offline trophies too and none have any bugs worth mentioning. Whereas Project BUGS................ ;-)

I haven't had a single issue with any of the games on that list apart from Pcars. I know Driveclub had a shaky start though, but iirc that was due to server problems and features that were missing from it at launch, rather than actual bugs. In any case, Driveclub more than recovered from it's bad start, and is now IMO a brilliant racing game. If SMS can do half as good a job turning Pcars' poor start around as Evolution has done with DC, Pcars will be one of the best racing games for a long time.

Since patch 3.0 I've had two major issues, blue screen and error code when exiting an online race, and occasional complete save data corruption when in career mode, rendering career mode useless Got ps4 disc version. Is this common or could it be an issue with my ps4?
As I've said quite often, career mode is useless anyway because it has no unlockables. You may as well just set up your own races in quick weekend

My 10 career seasons say otherwise.

As do my 44 seasons. You must complete events and championships to get invitations to be able to enter the next championship. *IF* you wish to work through the career mode and obtain the accolades and the trophies associated with them.

Oh and before I forget the career is bugged too with the last 4 races locked out and unobtainable :-(

As do my 44 seasons. You must complete events and championships to get invitations to be able to enter the next championship. *IF* you wish to work through the career mode and obtain the accolades and the trophies associated with them.

Oh and before I forget the career is bugged too with the last 4 races locked out and unobtainable :-(

Perhaps you need to complete all the races in real time, and/or have the AI set at 100% to unlock these last four invitations?

@Famine did you break in your wheel already this past week? I'd love to hear our administrator's final verdict about PCARS as the controller didn't seem to suit you.

Back