Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
Maybe for monza and bathurst it has to do with the licensing? I could understand one game getting it wrong, but for two to have the same error when it would be so easy to just watch a pole lap from any qualifying session at the track to see where the time starts and stops . . .

No way it's a licencing issue, because it'd make no sense at all for a circuit owner to say "if you want this licence, you must agree to use the wrong line for the start/finish". I believe it's a matter of lazy programming in both games. Codemasters have done it right in their games, so it's not a licence issue.

In the case of Monza and Bathurst, I m pretty sure it is the tech in the engine that doesnt support multiple laptime triggers. Of course you could code it in, but thats extra work = $ for a detail only a very few would notice.

Now at Donington, they just screwed up the location of the start/finish line and it was brought up several times by members during development. Mega lame that they never bothered to correct it.

For me, it's an important detail. The line used for Monza and Bathurst in both cases is just the line for the grid to line up behind, not the actual control line to trigger the start and finish of each lap. If I'm not mistaken, at the start of a race, your lap time for your first lap starts when the lights go out regardless of where you are on the grid, not once you go over the line, so what's the point of having the control line for every other lap at the front of the grid when it's not there in real life? It's simply lazy programming. If they had researched the tracks they put in the game, these things wouldn't have been done wrong. But as I said before, they've made plenty of other mistakes in other areas of the tracks, so it's not surprising.

The line at Donington is just ridiculous, as is them forcing the player to use the old grid with the new pits at Spa.

Not surprising that they've finally removed the redundant career path. Shows they can remove all the proof of their promises of expanding career and adding game modes, but they can't make simple changes to things people have been asking for since before the game came out.

It's not the only track with the start/finish line in the wrong place. Spa uses the old start/finish line and grid, but the modern pits. No series in the world does this ever, so it's weird that you are forced into using this combination in Pcars.

Bathurst is wrong too. In Pcars, the start/finish line is the line at the front of the grid, which on the real circuit only serves as the start line, for the grid to line up behind. The actual start/finish line for every lap is located near the start of the straight, under the bridge. The same is true for Monza. In Pcars, Monza's start/finish line is the line used only for starts in real races, with the actual start/finish line for each lap after the first being at the start of the pits.

There might be others too, and there are certainly a number of other issues at various circuits, but it is indeed strange that they couldn't manage something as basic as where a start/finish line is on a circuit. To have stuffed it up on at least four different circuits is just a joke.
It's so bad it seems almost deliberate lol

Theres only ever been one free car per month IIRC..:confused:
He means... In March nothing, in April only the Mercedes AMG GT3 will be released and the DLC with the Pagani's and Nurburgring combined will be released on 6th May...

The developers confirmed yesterday on their instagram account..

I can't do this anymore. :indiff: Please see my response above and Donnced response. Let's move on.

What? It was a genuine question as we always get a free car and its no different with the Merc which is also gratefully the best car in the 'pack' IMO, so props to SMS for that as i'll skip the Zondas.. So not sure why anyone should be getting pitchforks out for SMS over this.

Guys, did this most recent patch change how much grip is lost when going on grass, rumble strips, and dirt?

pCars used to be the absolute worst offender when it came to exaggerated loss of grip when going off track. It was absolutely insane and caused me to curse out this sim many times, but recently, it seems like it's at reasonable levels???

Was it fixed finally? I certainly hope so. I always hated this flaw in Gran Turismo, and always found it funny that the more realistic sims on PC don't have this issue at all. Usually driving is more unforgiving in PC sims, but not when it came to going off track. It bothered me so much I actually did some testing in my own car to see how it reacted to driving in the grass at high speeds and it just confirmed how exaggerated the grip loss was in GT (and years later, even worse in pCars).

pCars now seems more at a realistic level though. They must've fixed it right?

Guys, did this most recent patch change how much grip is lost when going on grass, rumble strips, and dirt?

pCars used to be the absolute worst offender when it came to exaggerated loss of grip when going off track. It was absolutely insane and caused me to curse out this sim many times, but recently, it seems like it's at reasonable levels???

Was it fixed finally? I certainly hope so. I always hated this flaw in Gran Turismo, and always found it funny that the more realistic sims on PC don't have this issue at all. Usually driving is more unforgiving in PC sims, but not when it came to going off track. It bothered me so much I actually did some testing in my own car to see how it reacted to driving in the grass at high speeds and it just confirmed how exaggerated the grip loss was in GT (and years later, even worse in pCars).

pCars now seems more at a realistic level though. They must've fixed it right?
I haven't noticed any real difference myself, seems about the same to me. They do adjust specific cars sometimes, like how they behave over curbs, for example. I know they tweaked the Formula Renault a few weeks ago. Don't think the patch notes ever said they had a general fiddle with grip loss but I guess it's possible.

I haven't noticed any real difference myself, seems about the same to me. They do adjust specific cars sometimes, like how they behave over curbs, for example. I know they tweaked the Formula Renault a few weeks ago. Don't think the patch notes ever said they had a general fiddle with grip loss but I guess it's possible.

Pretty much every car I've driven recently I've noticed a huge difference. I don't know when exactly it was changed because I don't go off track very often, however, I'm positive it has changed. I guess the real test would be karts, and superkarts since I had the biggest issues with them but really it was all cars that suffered but it's seemingly fixed now

Project CARS - PC Patch 11.0

The next Project CARS patch is now live on Steam. This one brings a host of Virtual Reality improvements, and features full HTC Vive support. We support SteamVR's room customization option when using the HTC Vive, so whenever you're in the game menus, you'll see the SteamVR room in the background. This allows you to customize the look of the 3D space surrounding the menus via the SteamVR Workshop. We're looking forward to seeing all the creative Project CARS themed custom backgrounds that our fans come up with. :)

We've also implemented the often-requested VR mouse support, Gaze control support, and the ability to seamlessly swap between them and use them along with Custom Controller and Gamepads.

Due to the extent of the Virtual Reality updates, we strongly recommend that you delete the configuration files that store the various settings. These are found in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" and are the files with XML extension.

Virtual Reality
* HTC Vive support
* Gaze control implemented, providing hands-free interaction with the User Interface
* Mouse pointer control in HMD view implemented
* Photo mode is now fully functional
* Depth of Field effects now work correctly
* The game will now retain controller focus when the player removes the HMD
* Improved rendering system for Crepuscular rays and Sun flares
* Improved rendering of dirt and rain drops on Helmet visor
* Improved the default seat position
* Improved the default HUD position
* Improved default camera settings to prevent the car tilting independently from the player at steep inclines
* Fixed a refresh issue on the UI when returning from a race to the main menu

Other
* Nürburgring Combined
- Fixed an issue where a pit stop operation would fail to initiate correctly, leaving the car stuck in the pits
- Fixed the starting lights not working
- Fixed an issue with the pit-in trigger potentially initiating when the player is on the main straight
* Improved system for Opponent Labels
* Added support for the Thrustmaster TMX ForceFeedback wheel
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where at times it would cause dropped frames at the start of a race
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where LEDs and pedal rumble motors failed to work after a disconnect/reconnect

Last edited:
Project CARS - PC Patch 11.1

Virtual Reality
* The game will now shut down correctly when the user choose to Exit via Steam Dashboard or Oculus Home
* The game will now Pause when the user accesses Oculus Home or Steam Dashboard while in the game
* Fixed an issue in Option>Virtual Reality, where when the user changed the defaults for the 'reset on boot' and 'reset on race start', some of the other settings were being reset to default.

Controllers - Fanatec
* Added Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base profile to code and GUI
* Fixed an issue where during gameplay he centering spring would turn on
* Fixed issue where the menu spring would sometimes not be enabled when exiting a race or changing controllers
* Fixed an issue that lead to 100% CPU usage with Fanatec controllers connected

General
* Corrected an exploit where user-modified tyres could be used on original cars
* Fixed TrackIR support to still work when you run the non-vr version of the game

Project CARS - PC Patch 11.1

Virtual Reality
* The game will now shut down correctly when the user choose to Exit via Steam Dashboard or Oculus Home
* The game will now Pause when the user accesses Oculus Home or Steam Dashboard while in the game
* Fixed an issue in Option>Virtual Reality, where when the user changed the defaults for the 'reset on boot' and 'reset on race start', some of the other settings were being reset to default.

Controllers - Fanatec
* Added Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base profile to code and GUI
* Fixed an issue where during gameplay he centering spring would turn on
* Fixed issue where the menu spring would sometimes not be enabled when exiting a race or changing controllers
* Fixed an issue that lead to 100% CPU usage with Fanatec controllers connected

General
* Corrected an exploit where user-modified tyres could be used on original cars
* Fixed TrackIR support to still work when you run the non-vr version of the game

Still no fix for Silverstone Classic and it's pit crash bug then? A real shame if not.

Still no fix for Silverstone Classic and it's pit crash bug then? A real shame if not.
Already fixed on PC mate since a good some months ago...(in the 9.0 update)
But strangely they said to people complaining in the forum that they don't find the problem on console...
In PC They even fixed the nurburgring combined bugs..(they didn't in consoles also)

A real shame while the game seld most games on PS4...

Project CARS - PC Patch 10.1 - Oculus Rift VR support on the Steam platform

Project CARS is now fully playable in all aspects when using the Oculus Rift VR headset. There has been a large amount of additional work done to support this, and a lot of optimization done to enable the game engine to run smooth enough when in VR mode. Here is a quick breakdown, as a very brief summary of some of the more visible changes since the last Steam VR update:

* Oculus VR SDK 1.3 support
* World shadows are now fully working - Off by default, enable under Options>Visuals>Performance
* Cloud shadows will now be disabled when Shadow Detail is set to OFF
* Fixed replay cameras so that the player has full rotational control during replays, fixed all replay cameras' near clip plane so that the player's view doesn't cut into the nearby objects
* Fixed front-end 'My Garage' cameras to work properly in VR
* Reworked all cameras so that VR orientation/positional tracking always works naturally. This fixes amongst others...
- look-back cameras being inverted
- issues with Front-end cameras
- photo mode
* In-race VR options - Added a 'World Scaling' setting that allows for fine control to scale the world to exactly match the player's expectation
* In-race VR options - Added seat position adjustment
* Removed vignette menu frame from replay screen. Now only displays the replay controls panel
* VR options - Camera Near Clip Plane - Allows the player to control how close to objects the camera will start clipping
* VR options - World movement, G-Force Effect - allows player to set specific values for VR mode
* Detached Starting lights and Messages from movable HUD so that they always appear toward the front of the car
* Changed desktop mirrored view show a single undistorted view with default settings windowed, 1280x720
* Added ability to toggle btween headset and PC speaker audio in the VR options menu, default is headset
* Recenter view position automatically on initial game start
* ...and a few other bits that are now working correctly in VR -
. crepuscular rays
. screen dirt
. camera/visor rain drops
. postprocessing filters
. tonemapping and bloom
. 3D grass
. particles
. clouds

A final note - our focus has been on providing a polished end-user experience when using the final Oculus Rift 'CV1' HMD. Although the 'DK2' HMD should still work, The hardware has significantly improved. We therefor cannot guarantee the same quality of experience when using the 'DK2' unit, as some of these features may not work as well as they do on the 'CV1'.

Project CARS - PC Patch 11.0

Virtual Reality
* HTC Vive support
* Gaze control implemented, providing hands-free interaction with the User Interface
* Mouse pointer control in HMD view implemented
* Photo mode is now fully functional
* Depth of Field effects now work correctly
* The game will now retain controller focus when the player removes the HMD
* Improved rendering system for Crepuscular rays and Sun flares
* Improved rendering of dirt and rain drops on Helmet visor
* Improved the default seat position
* Improved the default HUD position
* Improved default camera settings to prevent the car tilting independently from the player at steep inclines
* Fixed a refresh issue on the UI when returning from a race to the main menu

Other
* Nürburgring Combined
- Fixed an issue where a pit stop operation would fail to initiate correctly, leaving the car stuck in the pits
- Fixed the starting lights not working
- Fixed an issue with the pit-in trigger potentially initiating when the player is on the main straight
* Improved system for Opponent Labels
* Added support for the Thrustmaster TMX ForceFeedback wheel
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where at times it would cause dropped frames at the start of a race
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where LEDs and pedal rumble motors failed to work after a disconnect/reconnect

Someone said that there would be no more updates for console as Sony were insisting that SMS remove Fanatec support in the next patch. I took this with a pinch of salt, but isn't that what happened with AC in their first patch? Shame because I'm still getting landmines.

Someone said that there would be no more updates for console as Sony were insisting that SMS remove Fanatec support in the next patch. I took this with a pinch of salt, but isn't that what happened with AC in their first patch? Shame because I'm still getting landmines.

Sounds like BS to me. If that were true, where's the XB1 patches?

Out of sequence, but for completeness sake:
PC Patch 10.2 Release notes

* TrackIR - Fixed various bugs to restore proper operation
* Fix issue where in non-VR, the game was defaulting to windowed mode
* Fix Opponent Labels so they show up correctly in VR and non-VR modes (Not working, hot-fix incoming ASAP)
* Restored Main Menu top-right X to exit game
* Configured UI so that In-game VR option only show when using VR

Back