Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
PS4 Patch 10.0 – Release Notes

Vehicles
• Aston Martin - DBR1-2, Vantage GTE, Vantage GT12: Tweaked cockpit exposure to better balance the world brightness when driving in cockpit view.
• Ford Falcon FG - Made the in-cockpit steering wheel static when disabled so that the digital display is still visible.
• Ford Fusion Stockcar - Fixed a damage issue, tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.
• Dallara DW12 Indycar - Tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.

Controllers
• Controllers - Updated the Fanatec support code to ensure the Fanatec handbrake peripheral works correctly when either connected via the USB adapter or the pedals to the wheel.

Pitstops
• Fixed an issue where, if the player pits on the final lap and only closes the pit board after crossing the place in the pitlane where the finish line is (but before the post-race screen comes up), the race would fail to end.

^ An addendum to Patch notes 10.0 for PS4:

The latest game update for Project CARS on PlayStation 4 has been released today.

It includes some changes to the way the disconnection error messages are displayed. From now on, there are specific error messages for several potential causes of this issue. Therefore, if you get disconnected over the Easter weekend, please share with us the exact text of the error message that you see, or even post a screenshot of it in this thread. This will help our team to understand exactly how much of the problem is being caused by PSN, compared to the game itself.

We have also received some news from Sony. Sony has now identified a possible issue on PSN which could be causing the disconnections you have seen in Project CARS and several other PS4 & PS3 multiplayer games. It is working on a fix for this PSN issue as we speak.

We will keep you up-to-date about our progress, and about Sony's. In the meantime, please post in this thread with the exact details of any error messages that you may experience.

In the new update the are some undocumented changes

- The logo of "Sakitto" track has changed in a yellow circle with a checkered flag.
Before :
DP8d8Z0.jpg

Now:
sakitto.png

- The "Chinese brig" of the straight of Sakitto has been eliminated.
maxresdefault.jpg

- There's a real 2016 livery for the indycar..
2uw.png

- The "message inbox" of career mode has changed from list view to a type of "box view"..

Anybody has seen something more that is an undocumented change?

I knew it was something different about the sakitto logo. Good finds.
Yup, even the track changes now without the "Japanese brig" eliminated from the straight.
Now i like it more, seems more a "real" track..
A shame that they didn't have the license of the real suzuka track..

From what has been said on the official forum, to avoid upsetting Suzuka's owners. Why now? Anybody's guess...
The only thing I can think of is if negotiations for licensing it in pCARS 2 are involved

You'd think that taking away things unique to Sakitto would make Honda (Suzuka's owners) more angry, due to it making the circuit look more like Suzuka, without having paid for the licence. If Honda were angry about Sakitto, the only way to fix that would be to get rid of it.

I wonder what the point of these changes is?

Its annoying that they can remove a bridge but not the pointless piles of square leaves that fall back into place exactly the same every lap..... or the over sized rubber marbles that flick off cars and on replays look like the size of melons..

Last edited by a moderator:
Its annoying that they can remove a bridge but not the pointless piles of square leaves that fall back into place exactly the same every lap..... or the over sized rubber marbles that flick off cars and on replays look like the size of melons..

Or fix real circuit in accuracies.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the only track with the start/finish line in the wrong place. Spa uses the old start/finish line and grid, but the modern pits. No series in the world does this ever, so it's weird that you are forced into using this combination in Pcars.

Bathurst is wrong too. In Pcars, the start/finish line is the line at the front of the grid, which on the real circuit only serves as the start line, for the grid to line up behind. The actual start/finish line for every lap is located near the start of the straight, under the bridge. The same is true for Monza. In Pcars, Monza's start/finish line is the line used only for starts in real races, with the actual start/finish line for each lap after the first being at the start of the pits.

There might be others too, and there are certainly a number of other issues at various circuits, but it is indeed strange that they couldn't manage something as basic as where a start/finish line is on a circuit. To have stuffed it up on at least four different circuits is just a joke.

It's not the only track with the start/finish line in the wrong place. Spa uses the old start/finish line and grid, but the modern pits. No series in the world does this ever, so it's weird that you are forced into using this combination in Pcars.

Bathurst is wrong too. In Pcars, the start/finish line is the line at the front of the grid, which on the real circuit only serves as the start line, for the grid to line up behind. The actual start/finish line for every lap is located near the start of the straight, under the bridge. The same is true for Monza. In Pcars, Monza's start/finish line is the line used only for starts in real races, with the actual start/finish line for each lap after the first being at the start of the pits.

There might be others too, and there are certainly a number of other issues at various circuits, but it is indeed strange that they couldn't manage something as basic as where a start/finish line is on a circuit. To have stuffed it up on at least four different circuits is just a joke.
Do other games get these right?

Do other games get these right?

I remember one of the Codemasters F1 games one year, maybe 2011, when they got the start/finish line wrong for the new Indian track, but i suppose that was understandable seeing that it was a new track lol. I think it was corrected in apatch, but if not then in F1 2012 it was in the right place.

And if my memory serves me right, most racing games i've played over the last 30 odd years, the start/finish lines have been in the correct places, more or less.

The only one I can remember, and I could be wrong because it's been a while since I played GT6, but I believe Bathurst and Monza have the same problem in GT6 as in Pcars, where the front of the grid is used as the start/finish.

Edit: Just looked them up on Youtube and GT6 does indeed have the same issue at Monza and Bathurst.

Maybe for monza and bathurst it has to do with the licensing? I could understand one game getting it wrong, but for two to have the same error when it would be so easy to just watch a pole lap from any qualifying session at the track to see where the time starts and stops . . .

The only one I can remember, and I could be wrong because it's been a while since I played GT6, but I believe Bathurst and Monza have the same problem in GT6 as in Pcars, where the front of the grid is used as the start/finish.

Edit: Just looked them up on Youtube and GT6 does indeed have the same issue at Monza and Bathurst.

Maybe for monza and bathurst it has to do with the licensing? I could understand one game getting it wrong, but for two to have the same error when it would be so easy to just watch a pole lap from any qualifying session at the track to see where the time starts and stops . . .

In the case of Monza and Bathurst, I m pretty sure it is the tech in the engine that doesnt support multiple laptime triggers. Of course you could code it in, but thats extra work = $ for a detail only a very few would notice.

Now at Donington, they just screwed up the location of the start/finish line and it was brought up several times by members during development. Mega lame that they never bothered to correct it.

Where should it be at Donington?

Also, random question but when do we know when the next DLC will be released and do we know everything in it? What about the one after that? Any info yet?

Also, random question but when do we know when the next DLC will be released and do we know everything in it? What about the one after that? Any info yet?
Free Mercedes AMG GT3 will be released in April.
Pagani Nurburgring Expansion will be released on May 6th along with the GOTY edition.

Back