Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by DrJustice, May 13, 2015.

1. DrJustice

DrJustice

This thread is for letting everyone know when patches happen and what they contain.

The patches are generally for all platforms, except where platform specifics are specifically mentioned in the patch notes, or where the whole patch is specifically for one platform.

Each patch has a link to its dedicated in-depth discussion thread.

Patch 1.2
    Patch 1.3
    Patch 1.3 - XB1 specific
    Patch 1.4 (discussion thread)
    Patch 2.0 (discussion thread)
    Patch 2.5 - PC specific
    Patch 3.0 (discussion thread)
    Patch 4.0 PC Patch 4.0 PS4 Patch 4.0 XB1(discussion thread)
    Patch 5.0 PC Patch 5.0 PS4 Patch 5.0 XB1 (discussion thread PC) (discussion thread PS4)
    Patch 6.0 PC Patch 6.0 PS4 Patch 6.0 XB1
    Patch 6.1 PC
    Patch 6.2 PC
    Patch 7.0 PC
    Patch 8.0 PC Patch 8.0 PS4 Patch 8.0 XB1
    Patch 9.0 PC Patch 9.0 PS4 Patch 9.0 XB1
    Patch 10.0 PC Patch 10.0 PS4 Patch 10.0 XB1
    Patch 10.1 PC
    Patch 10.2 PC
    Patch 11.0 PC
    Patch 11.1 PC

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. DrJustice

DrJustice

3. DrJustice

DrJustice

Brit999, crowhop and micantony like this.
  4. archangel717

archangel717

Good idea. Didn't see any other threads for this yet.

5. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

I think it's a good idea to update just the first post once a new update comes around. With the newest release notes on top.

VBR and Bluntified like this.
  6. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

HammyMansell likes this.
  7. DrJustice

DrJustice

Oh my, several suggestions for the format already :lol:

I agree that an overview in the OP would be good, so let's do that. So we have:

Alternative A: If every patch note is added to the OP, an explicit "bump" posting would be needed for each patch. It would be easy to see the patch detail history.

Alternative B: If there's only links to the patch postings in the OP, the thread would get bumped automatically as the actual patch notes are posted.

Alt. B is in now simply because it was a quick job copying Johnnypenso's links :). I'm fine with A as well - perhaps seeing the full history in one posting is best? Or should we let blowfishrulez & Johnnypenso duke it out in order to scientifically determine what's best? :p

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Finnstar and HammyMansell like this.
  8. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

Well the method i mentioned keeps a good log of everything, but is rooted in the inferior forum software found on WMD. Since GTPlanet has the best forum software...IN THE WORLD...Johnnys idea would also work flawlessly. I don't mind anything as long as it keeps track of the history.

Brit999 and Johnnypenso like this.
  9. TT92

TT92 Premium

Is it an idea to track patches by platform type as well. All I seem to see is patches for the XBone which does not interest me as a PS4 user. While I am mentioning PS4, any news on when the first patch will be out?

ukfan758, HammyMansell, VBR and 2 others like this.
  10. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

So are these patches for all platforms of only specific platforms? The reason why I ask is on the pS4, we are still on 1.01 with no other updates available. If I may offer a suggestion, can you add which platform these are for next to the patch number?

Thanks

VBR and Johnnypenso like this.
  11. TT92

TT92 Premium

Basically, isn't that what I just said above? Still a great idea all the same :-)

Johnnypenso likes this.
  12. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

B: simple yet effective (just copy paste the patch note in the OP each time).
    Thanks @DrJustice !

13. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Hahaha yes, but @Johnnypenso always likes the posts to be in perfect order re OP.....Last week he asked me to put all the review threads on the OP, which would have taken hours to do, instead of playing the game! Lol! Great idea though @DrJustice ..... Although i hope we have a lot more fixes to come in patches for the game! More so for the PS4! ;)

Johnnypenso likes this.
  14. DrJustice

DrJustice

The platform info is in the patch notes themselves. In general they're for all platforms - the platform specific bits are specified in the notes. So patch 1.2 and 1.3 are for all platforms, except for the XB1 controller fix mentioned in 1.3. I'll add this info to the OP.

Oh yeah, and we go with B then, unless there are protests.

Edit: having a patch thread was Johnnypenso's idea!

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    HammyMansell and Johnnypenso like this.
  15. diesel97

diesel97

When these patchs are posted does that mean they are "live " (PC would be live ) or does that mean SMS have gave them to Sony or Microsoft waiting for testing ?

HammyMansell likes this.
  16. DrJustice

DrJustice

^ They may be slightly staggered for the platforms (from hours to days?), subject to 1st party approvals, but as we have seen they're able to roll them out quite rapidly. Perhaps it would be good if the first sighting of a patch in the wild for each platform is reported here (we'd only need on such report for each patch/platform).

diesel97 likes this.
  17. DrJustice

DrJustice

18. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Curious to see some feedback from XBone users. Well done SMS, well done.

19. amazed

amazed

Now waiting for some PS4 action....:cheers:

svenvangent, fortbo, G219 and 6 others like this.
  20. Simfan David

Simfan David

Im really hoping we get that nasty Center Spring issue resolved for the wheel in the first patch on the ps4. Hopefully its a easy fix. Cant wait to see what it feels like without it!!

ukfan758, G219, TomBrady and 3 others like this.
  21. DrJustice

DrJustice

22. DrJustice

DrJustice

Mods: Would it be an idea to pin this thread to have a central known place to collate all patches?

To satisfy the mad dash to be the first to post patch news, folks can post the patch notes here (in QUOTE tags to follow the format), and I will update the OP with a link :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  23. GTlondoner

GTlondoner

oh no, I hate the controller tilt, Forgot how many times get comfy start playing a driving game, And for at least 15-20 minutes wonder why I'm floating to one side :odd::censored::banghead:

24. DrJustice

DrJustice

ukfan758, Telstar, tbwhhs and 4 others like this.
  25. DrJustice

DrJustice

Added links to the per patch discussion threads in the OP.

26. bleeder

bleeder

That all sounds great. Looks like those 40 guys who are left to work on this game are doing a good job.

And I really look forward to using the pad with my wheel so I can finally take advantage of the photo mode!

Johnnypenso likes this.
  27. crowhop

crowhop

While I do think this Patch 2.0 appears to be quite hefty and gets the game "right", or tries to at least, I do not understand why it is names 2.0. I do not think it is a shift forward. Am I missing something? Seems to me it is simply correcting existing game content, not introducing anything new.

28. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

We're just used to waiting a year or so for Spec 2.0 in GT. :p

ebelen92 likes this.
  29. crowhop

crowhop

Funny, true. But I work for a software dev company and, traditionally, changing that number is a BIG DEAL.

David Talle and Ameer67 like this.
  30. diesel97

diesel97

I think that one of those "coming soon " might be coming . That just a guess with no proof to back it .