Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by DrJustice, May 13, 2015.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent

This afternoon all be back from the job ,gonna take a picture of my setup from
    The BMW M3 GT .
    Yes I read about the suspension geometry but do you really believe what they say I'm not !
    For example ,they brought patch 4 out with a new option " default setup " for online race , it does not work .
    And the newest bug in protest carszzz ,you do qualifying and get placed randomly .
    Mamaaaaaaaaaaa mia please ........ but must say like a sailor with out a boat ....... I take the game like it comes for now because when it works I have fun with it .

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  2. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The BMW M3 GT caster should be 7.5 degrees ( what I would use )

3. skazz

skazz

The buzzing issue was something which I recall from deep in alpha. I hadn't encountered it for well over a year, but last week (after patch 3.0) on the PC I got an occurrence. You do indeed get a second line in the FFB meter, which is reminiscent from an earlier FFB implementation.

I'm using the T300 on the PC at the moment, which is a good wheel to feel this: The T300 motor can buzz very clearly, feels very different to anything I've felt on Logitech or Fanatec wheels.

4. bleeder

bleeder

I thought the dreaded white line was PS4 exclusive, guess it's just the wheel then. Occasionally I check the telem to see if it's there but as you say, it's pretty noticeable, and feels awful.

svenvangent likes this.
  5. McKiernan

McKiernan Premium

It's not just the wheel as I get this bug on my Fanatec.

bleeder likes this.
  6. bleeder

bleeder

@Ridox2JZGTE I just encountered a landmine whilst going full speed at Road America in the Audi R8 (LMP900). Just wanted to know your thoughts on my suspension settings. I'm running caster at 9.0 (was thinking of lowering to 7.9 at least), front toe is -0.5, rear is +0.2

I believe lowering front toe makes the front end more responsive (?) so that's why it's lower than the stock setup. cheers.

Also that landmine ruined my race!

7. azidahaka

azidahaka

Wh
    What was your ride height and df levels?

8. bleeder

bleeder

Front 52mm, Rear 57mm, both diffs 27%. The car handles really nice, well happy with it. Doesn't bottom out or anything, just had this one landmine happen.

EDIT: realised you meant downforce lol. Had a dumbass moment. I'll check back later!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  9. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I think SMS is too early in letting the patch out, it needs more testing on consoles. Surprised me as well, that default setup do not work among other issues introduced with the patch. They are aware of these already, which I would guess they will fix with a hotfix or another patch soon.

The toe accumulation varies in severity, not sure what happens in your case, might be rear toe in going sky high or both front and rear. Try to run default caster value, set toe as close to zero ( might need some other adjustments to suit your driving ) There has been some words that getting light contact can reset the car. If I were you, I would try lowest caster, zero camber all around and zero toe as well :)

On what lap did this landmine occurred ?

10. bleeder

bleeder

Ok thanks I'll try to some out. Bit annoying as the car handles pretty much just as I want, but may have to start retuning. It was lap 8/10

11. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Maybe a dumb question, I haven't kept up on all the threads, but are we certain that the "no tuning" option isn't working completely? All I've read is that you can change tire pressure and fuel levels. Has someone tried changing suspension settings, downforce and all the other settings or just those couple?

12. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Some PC players tested it, forced default setup do not work properly :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38103-Patch-4-0&p=1123472&viewfull=1#post1123472

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38103-Patch-4-0&p=1123336&viewfull=1#post1123336

13. svenvangent

svenvangent

Ok little correction here i'm so good in setup:rolleyes: ,
    Caster angle 6.4
    Camber 0
    Toe in -0.1 +0.1

14. DrJustice

DrJustice

15. ozwheels

ozwheels

Negative front toe makes the car more responsive on turn in. Positive rear stabilizes the car when you hit bumps. It also helps limit powerful RWD cars from over steering on power.

svenvangent and bleeder like this.
  16. bleeder

bleeder

I've come to liken all this tuning with learning how to get good photos with full manual mode on a DSLR. Every day you learn something new, some new way to make the results better. Love it!

17. ozwheels

ozwheels

A lot of new stuff to learn here.
    http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/wttrans.html

McKiernan, CHEN255 and MRTeam like this.
  18. svenvangent

svenvangent

bleeder likes this.
  19. Spooky Wooky

Spooky Wooky (Banned)

THIS is exactly why I don't want to learn how to tune. :lol:
    I'm more interested in the why than the how, the maths and science behind it, and the "how" looks like 100s of hours of reading, research, trial and error. I haven't got time to do all that as well as race for a video game.

Bjorn Lucas likes this.
  20. ozwheels

ozwheels

Some of us aren't here just for video games either.

ebelen92, MRTeam and HammyMansell like this.
  21. Spooky Wooky

Spooky Wooky (Banned)

I understand that.

22. ozwheels

ozwheels

:tup:

23. bleeder

bleeder

One could argue that if you don't tune at all and yet learn to master the stock setups and keep the cars on the road then you're a better driver than the rest of us! :lol:

24. Spooky Wooky

Spooky Wooky (Banned)

Are the stock settings really that bad?

25. bleeder

bleeder

Probably not, all I know is that they don't suit me much.

26. CHEN255

CHEN255

27. ozwheels

ozwheels

Could someone try to change tire compounds to anything other than softs and see if it works. It doesn't work for me, I get softs every time I go into the pits and change tires.

Simfan David likes this.
  28. Simfan David

Simfan David

I'll try when i get home and post Back here or just hit you up on PSN.

29. mr_serious

mr_serious

Yesterday I was quick racing at Spa, random grid placing. Car - Mercedes GT3.

Weather was set to random and when I started the 5 lap race it was raining. However by lap 2 the rain had stopped (the telemetry said I had GT3 rain tyres on).

I had some damage anyway so I thought I would pit & change to the softs.

In the pits I could hear tyre guns and once I had left the pits I checked the telemetry and found I am still on rain tyres.

So I hit the pit button and drove back round to the pits. On entry I checked the pit strategy and it was set to soft. I closed the menu, heard the tyre guns, leave the pits and I'm still on wets.

I tried it the next lap too, and still GT Rain tyres.

I also changed from 3rd gear straight to neutral without touching the gears whilst hot-lapping Nordschleife yesterday.

Also the random grid placing after qualifying is something I was encountering after patch 3.0 and still after patch 4.0 - my point being I don't think it is new in 4.0, but carried over from 3.0

This is what worries me about this game. Although it might not always seem so, software is usually deterministic. PCars is looking more & more like a non-deterministic system.

They should use the pcars to generate random numbers for cryptographic key generation ;)

CHEN255 likes this.
  30. Bjorn Lucas

Bjorn Lucas

when there is no practice, qualifying counts as practice that is why you have random start positions,...
    i found that out at official forum

add a practice and skip it , is at the moment a solution.

devs are looking into it :cheers:

(in another thread a person mentioned that he always does practice but bug still happens :irked:)

svenvangent and bleeder like this.