Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
I don't agree with "major heat problems" either. The info was given when Casey gave a broke down of the Toyota/Mitsubishi physics, and it's never ultra detailed in order to keep other developers from copying them too easily.

All this new heat model seems to do is punish abusive driving and/or poor setups. If you are doing those things correctly, the changes shouldn't come as a huge slap in the face.
I hope that's what it is, not just more heat overall.

Anyone know why camber fix wasn't included? I assume they weren't happy with their testing.

That question has been raised in the private parts of the Project CARS forums. Same with regards to the content that people expected to see along with the content that's in the current patch. We'll see.

Plus a revamped Photo Mode and the ability to save our preference of livery instead of having it reset to Random. That is so frustrating.

I suspect major improvements to photomode won't come. We might get a change of speed for some of the sliders but that might be about it. We do have full range of movement of the camera in replays and when pausing driving on PS4 and enabling the "CTRL K" camera mode if you have a keyboard connected. Shout if you can't find them.

I suspect major improvements to photomode won't come. We might get a change of speed for some of the sliders but that might be about it. We do have full range of movement of the camera in replays and when pausing driving on PS4 and enabling the "CTRL K" camera mode if you have a keyboard connected. Shout if you can't find them.
The addition of a bird's eye replay cam would please me greatly. Good for seeing the lines you take.

The addition of a bird's eye replay cam would please me greatly. Good for seeing the lines you take.

Yes, a standard default view like that would be nice but you can get that by using Ctrl K mode and positioning the camera above the car and pulling back using the keypad (can't remember the key (maybe minus key?). You can get a long way back and you can even drive that way which is obviously a bit odd making it like the original Grand Theft Auto game. These clips don't show exactly that but do give an idea of the flexibility of the mode (and some). It isn't an advertised feature but it is great fun. You can move to positions that screw the view up but that is what the reset option is for.

All clips recorded on PS4 with recording limited to 720p and 30fps

Last edited:
Yes, a standard default view like that would be nice but you can get that by using Ctrl K mode and positioning the camera above the car and pulling back using the keypad (can't remember the key (maybe minus key?). You can get a long way back and you can even drive that way which is obviously a bit odd making it like the original Grand Theft Auto game. These clips don't show exactly that but do give an idea of the flexibility of the mode (and some). It isn't an advertised feature but it is great fun. You can move to positions that screw the view up but that is what the reset option is for.

All clips recorded on PS4 with recording limited to 720p and 30fps

I had no idea this could be done on PS4. Shame the pad won't allow this access as I don't have a keyboard lol

Just put the PS4 on to play fallout and saw patch 6.0 start downloading. Hopefully not long 'till the DLC gets released now :)
Good news. I thought it'd be tonight for we UK people so I'll have to check later. Could be because you Ozzies are in the future, time zone-wise? Or is it the past....?

I had no idea this could be done on PS4. Shame the pad won't allow this access as I don't have a keyboard lol

You can buy one for about £5-£10. Well worth it.

V6.0 has this on PS4-
* Improved VOIP quality for the in game chat facility.

* Improved VOIP quality for the in game chat facility.

I hope this works. I always feel a bit guilty being in a full party and having a good laugh when other people in the lobby don't get to join in. Obviously not guilty enough to leave the party though. :lol:

That question has been raised in the private parts of the Project CARS forums. Same with regards to the content that people expected to see along with the content that's in the current patch. We'll see.

You referring to custom championships?

Just done a test with the Mercedes CLK-LM 1998 at Le Mans .
Before patch 6.0 (yesterday ) I could do 3:44.500 now 3:48.500 .
Tyres heat where yesterday between 76 and 92 now they are between 96 and 108 , didn't change anything in my setup .

Just done a test with the Mercedes CLK-LM 1998 at Le Mans .
Before patch 6.0 (yesterday ) I could do 3:44.500 now 3:48.500 .
Tyres heat where yesterday between 76 and 92 now they are between 96 and 108 , didn't change anything in my setup .

Tuning don't seem to help too

This issue has been on the official forums for a couple of days, sounds like it's going to affect us all. I've been having troubles keeping temps down generally of late, am not looking forward to seeing what the patch brings. Does changing tyre wear to Slow or Off in the menus affect temps or is it just wear?

This issue has been on the official forums for a couple of days, sounds like it's going to affect us all. I've been having troubles keeping temps down generally of late, am not looking forward to seeing what the patch brings. Does changing tyre wear to Slow or Off in the menus affect temps or is it just wear?

That's just for wear it still get hot, just went on Dubai was well less grip than normal like a second slower and tyres over heat after 2 laps lol

Now the real question is...how much faster are PCars times than the real world? Does the new tire model now better match cars w/ their real life counterparts?

Now the real question is...how much faster are PCars times than the real world? Does the new tire model now better match cars w/ their real life counterparts?
In skaanky's serie people (aliens) were destroying bathurst world record in Q session by almost 2 seconds so i guess it'll be pretty right...

@Zakspeed_TV did you test with medium and hard tires? i guess softs are very fast to burn?

That's just for wear it still get hot, just went on Dubai was well less grip than normal like a second slower and tyres over heat after 2 laps lol
Oh man that doesn't bode well. I've been getting overheating tires in just a couple of laps round Watkins in some cars. I wonder what would be the first thing to adjust to compensate? Camber? Pressures? Everything? :boggled:

Oh man that doesn't bode well. I've been getting overheating tires in just a couple of laps round Watkins in some cars. I wonder what would be the first thing to adjust to compensate? Camber? Pressures? Everything? :boggled:

I try all ways nothing really helps, feedback from others has been the same.

Back