Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
You referring to custom championships?
Nope, to the tracks that are 'missing' according to some people.

With regards to the changed tyre heating, this is Casey's response. So so far, it's not considered a bug. Some people are also reporting they are faster with the new patch...

Oh man that doesn't bode well. I've been getting overheating tires in just a couple of laps round Watkins in some cars. I wonder what would be the first thing to adjust to compensate? Camber? Pressures? Everything? :boggled:
Judging from the response on the official forums, it might be driving style.

Last edited:
Nailed it. What we've learned is that the rubber can get hotter than we thought before certain compounds phase change and do other weird stuff. A loaded tyre surface might be closer to 200°C when sliding now rather than 165°C. That means more heat energy building up in the tread, so if you abuse the tyres by scrubbing them excessively or using a compound too soft for the track-weather combination, they are more likely to overheat now. Greater long term penalty for short term mistakes. As Tiago noted, the performance is still in there, but you have to work harder/smarter to get it without killing your rubber. For one quick lap, manage the starting temps and burn them up. If you want to run quick over a full race distance, think more about tyre management and not just turning fastest laps one after another for an hour

So i guess that on june at dubai going with hard compound is a must, and that those drivers that "throw" the car into corners instead of driving it smoothly will be more affected...

Too bad i have to wait for a 3hours download to test this :P

Strange ....
I try all ways nothing really helps, feedback from others has been the same.
This is coming from the official site ;

Most of the individuals who are complaining about a tire issue are the ones that can run insanely fast (unrealistic?) lap times. Because they are now no longer able to do that without hurting their tires, they consider it "broken".

This is in no way meant to be an "attack" against those individuals. It is just a matter of them needing to try to adjust their racing style (easier said than done). I wish I could run the lap times that I have seen others run in the past, but my mindset and racing style has always been an Endurance style rather than a Hotlap style. This means that I tend to run slower, but more consistent laptimes and can run those consistent lap times for a much longer period. It has taken me a long time to develop that style. Because of that, I am not able to run the super fast qualifying laptimes. I almost always end up in mid field for the start, but usually find a podium spot or at least top 5 by the end of the race (unless I screw up and wreck).

Those who are more of the Hotlap style need to understand that running qualifying (or faster) laptimes every lap for 15 laps on the same set of tires is not realistic. That is "arcade". It is what Project CARS has always been trying not to be.

This is coming from the official site ;

Most of the individuals who are complaining about a tire issue are the ones that can run insanely fast (unrealistic?) lap times. Because they are now no longer able to do that without hurting their tires, they consider it "broken".

This is in no way meant to be an "attack" against those individuals. It is just a matter of them needing to try to adjust their racing style (easier said than done). I wish I could run the lap times that I have seen others run in the past, but my mindset and racing style has always been an Endurance style rather than a Hotlap style. This means that I tend to run slower, but more consistent laptimes and can run those consistent lap times for a much longer period. It has taken me a long time to develop that style. Because of that, I am not able to run the super fast qualifying laptimes. I almost always end up in mid field for the start, but usually find a podium spot or at least top 5 by the end of the race (unless I screw up and wreck).

Those who are more of the Hotlap style need to understand that running qualifying (or faster) laptimes every lap for 15 laps on the same set of tires is not realistic. That is "arcade". It is what Project CARS has always been trying not to be.

So what about the leaderboards ??? do they get wiped again??? SMS

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Really?! what a fu:censored: joke. They will lose another **** load of people again as they did last time when it was wiped. What are they playing at really!!
It's really that important? I mean, i can understand people devoting to it, but if the rules changes so does the result right?

It's really that important? I mean, i can understand people devoting to it, but if the rules changes so does the result right?
Karsten , could you do a little test and drive now around Badhurts with the new patch and tell me if you can do the same laptime as yesterday ?
Don't change anything in your setup ... just to know .

Yup, IMO they should be wiped after every physics/tire/car stat change. It hurts less than having a laptime on top that is no longer attainable.

All the time people have put in will be wasted again its a piss take

EDIT: Im writing to my MP

All the time people have put in will be wasted again its a piss take
I understand your disappointment but on the other hand if the laptimes are equal to real life laptimes than I can life with that .
But couldn't they do that from the day they launched the 99.9 % polished game from day one Jesus .

I understand your disappointment but on the other hand if the laptimes are equal to real life laptimes than I can life with that .
But couldn't they do that from the day they launched the game .

Yes but it could be wiped again another month down the line :lol:
each time they lose people, do they not get that! they been working on the thing since SHIFT2 WTF

Yes but it could be wiped again another month down the line :lol:
So you would prefer not wiping the leaderboard and keeping a bunch of times at the top that can never be attained anymore with current physics. Or your #1 time being smashed, not because someone was better than you, but because physics have changed in his favor?

I know it sucks to have times wiped, but not having them wiped sucks more IMO.

So you would prefer not wiping the leaderboard and keeping a bunch of times at the top that can never be attained anymore with current physics. Or your #1 time being smashed, not because someone was better than you, but because physics have changed in his favor?

I know it sucks to have times wiped, but not having them wiped sucks more IMO.

Think your missing my point mate :D

OOOOOOooooo sorry have to say something ......:dunce:
When i did the test with the Mercedes CLK-LM I told that I'm 4second slower at Le mans with the new patch ....
Mama mia just did a new test , I raised just my tyres presser from 1.60 to 1.80 , now I'm almost 1 second faster .
3:44.500 with patch 5.0
3:48.500 with new patch .....I thought but .........

Now 3:43.800 at Le Mans this with a steady 100° around .
And I'm sure there can go off 1 or 2 secondos .
I say nothing anymore :crazy::P

Edit :even better ..... softer spring brought me a 3:42.900
Looooove that car and good sound to .

Last edited:
For all interested in a day to day comparison i race at Bathurst yesterday night in skaanky's gt3 serie

Karsten , could you do a little test and drive now around Badhurts with the new patch and tell me if you can do the same laptime as yesterday ?
Don't change anything in your setup ... just to know .

So i did run on 6.0 with same setup 100% same conditions.

So first of all things have changed. A lot. And i like it far better than before.

Now those throwing like mads the cars in corners and going all 4 wheels sliding around in drift style will have rightfully to suffer.

Things that overheat your tires:

1) throwing car in turns suddenly
2) 4 wheels sliding into corners
3) LOCKING BRAKES (i run the m3 gt3 and it has no ABS) This will really really kill your tires!
4) Exceeding a certain wheel turning (it seems to add over the time)

The more you keep at it the more it adds for it takes more time for tires to cool down from abuse!

now a picture of last night race at lap 10:

C973qnt.jpg

and now a picture of 6.0

6DzIHH6.jpg

As can be easily seen, tire consumption is basically 100% the same. The FR tire do get more heated up in the twisted section but cools down pretty normally and doesn't have weird behaviour.

I tried overstressing the tires using a lot of wheel turning radius to achieve a faster time and i managed to get the tire 100% red out of the bad treatment i gave it. So smooth is the way to go.

It also provides a very interesting tire management and the way passes are taken can be important for an extreme pass with locked brakes might mean being pretty slower for 2-3 turns!

Another interesting thing is that going smooth makes your tires breath like they actually do in racing!

Last part is the car behaviour and speed.

1)car behaves diffrently! Or actually the same but you have to work your input in a more realistic way to avoid overheating the tires. The more the tire overheats the worse it'll behave; if you ease down for 3-4 turns it'll gradually cool again.

2)Times. As you can see above, times are faster for me. it seems that i'm getting that little extra warmt while turning that gives me some extra grip.

My best in race was in low 2.10s with draft on 5.0 race

In this 6.0 test i got easily a 2.09.928 with damaged aero (yeah i'm not a bathurst master lol), so if you take care of your tires IT'S ACTUALLY FASTER and i didn't tune it at all from 5.0! I'm pretty sure that with some pressure play i can make the car feel even better than this and get in 2.08s!

So i guess that on june at dubai going with hard compound is a must, and that those drivers that "throw" the car into corners instead of driving it smoothly will be more affected...

Too bad i have to wait for a 3hours download to test this :P

You know what i actually don't mind this now that he explained it.

Good news. I thought it'd be tonight for we UK people so I'll have to check later. Could be because you Ozzies are in the future, time zone-wise? Or is it the past....?

It is nice living in the future. I'm currently having my morning coffee, good night to you guys on the other side of the globe. :)

Back