Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
I think that one of those "coming soon " might be coming . That just a guess with no proof to back it .
Should have asked this previously, but aside from DLC and the "On Demand" DLC delivery service, what other features might be "coming soon"? I can't really think of much that was promised which hasn't been delivered on. This isn't a GT6 deal at all, that I can remember anyway.

Is the GT/LMP player tire wear going to see a buff or nerf. The wording isn't clear.
Nerf. The Soft tires are basically the go-to tire for every freaking race right now especially in LMP1 where Medium tires cost you like 3 seconds, and Hard tires are 8 seconds.

Should have asked this previously, but aside from DLC and the "On Demand" DLC delivery service, what other features might be "coming soon"? I can't really think of much that was promised which hasn't been delivered on. This isn't a GT6 deal at all, that I can remember anyway.
All the menus with "Coming soon" displayed (career starting menu, setup menu, main menu...)

Im hoping it's the Stigs setups for each car on each track!

Is that too wishful thinking?

Before the game came out they said you could ask your pit engineer what the optimum set ups were, so perhaps it's that, like a list of recommended set ups for each track. Something like "high downforce" "low drag/overtaking" "full wet" "changeable conditions". Pure speculation on the options there, but I know they intended to have a recommended set ups part of the tuning.

Before the game came out they said you could ask your pit engineer what the optimum set ups were, so perhaps it's that, like a list of recommended set ups for each track. Something like "high downforce" "low drag/overtaking" "full wet" "changeable conditions". Pure speculation on the options there, but I know they intended to have a recommended set ups part of the tuning.
I thought it would be more like in the MotoGP games, you tell him the symptoms and he suggests setup modification accordingly (e.g. car understeers -> soften front ARB). But that's just what I've imagined :lol:

TBH I'd be happy if he'd be a bit more consistent in the info he gives me lol. Telling me to start defending when no one is near me isn't helpful, and I also find it funny when he tells me to slipstream and dive down the inside into turn one, when I'm barely close enough to even get a slipstream, so basically he's telling me to divebomb the AI lol. I was thinking "so obviously you've been listening in to their tactics" haha.

My favourite is when you make a lousy pass in the grass, hitting the other car...and he chimes in "Excellent pass, well done!". :D

I got rear-ended off track on the final corner at sakitto, and as my car slid off track with broken rear suspension, stig comes on the radio and tells me to use the slipstream down the straight to pass under braking for turn one... :lol: Yeah, cheers mate I'll give that a go 👍... Oh wait... :lol:

Currently downloading a patch. I think its 2.0.

upload_2015-6-30_12-42-36.png

I won't be able to download or play for a few days. Any feedback from pc users so far?

I won't be able to download or play for a few days. Any feedback from pc users so far?
I never had major problems before, so I'm probably not a good feedback user.
The AI at the starts seems to be about the same - I can gain a few spots usually.
AI awareness - not bad, maybe a bit better, still not perfect. I only tested GT3 cars and they never were a major issue before.
AI does pit to change to wet tyres (unless it doesn't make sense, like if it rains on lap 5 of 7 lap race).
Didn't have any problems with flat (un-inflated) tyres after pit-stops.
AI pace on slicks in the rain is still a bit too fast, but since they now pit for rain tyres, it's not that big of a deal, as long as the player pits in quickly. Could be a problem on Nordshleife with dynamic weather though.
Track cutting penalties are a lot more agressive now, which may be not enough for some, but was plenty enough for me when I was doing a race online on Imola.
Tyre noise seems to be louder, which I find annoying, but I know a lot of people will be happy about.
Those are the things I've noticed so far from doing a couple of online races and a couple of solo races with AI.

EDIT: Tested XBOX 360 joystick, it does work for menus and photo mode, in addition to my wheel, but you can only drive with the wheel, which makes sense.

Last edited:
I never have problems with AI wet weather pace in 1.4, so I don't think there is a problem with that, I'm pretty sure the problem was they could drive too fast in the wet on slicks, and wouldn't pit for wets. When the race starts in wet conditions, and we're all on wets, I'm about the same pace or quicker compared to the AI (the last time this happened, I pulled away at a rate of 1.5 - 2 seconds per lap in the rain).

My favourite is when you make a lousy pass in the grass, hitting the other car...and he chimes in "Excellent pass, well done!". :D
Or.....when he ask you ( this only happening when you are racing in Monza ) to get him a pizza with cheese and pepperoni .
No seriously....are you still listening to this guy ?

I actually don't use him, I had the pit guy on for a bit when doing mixed conditions because I couldn't figure out when/how to pit for change of tires. Now I have an app which shows me conditions etc...so he's been silenced.

I do hear him shouting in the background when my buddies run though...so I can't get rid of him entirely.

Nerf. The Soft tires are basically the go-to tire for every freaking race right now especially in LMP1 where Medium tires cost you like 3 seconds, and Hard tires are 8 seconds.

They should make harder compounds faster, because softs, in LMP1s at least, are pretty durable. In Le Mans, Audi were using the same set up to four stints.

Back