Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
Downloaded patch 7. Tested around Watkins Glen and we are back to patch 5 on GT tyre psychics. I didn't agree with patch 6 in how tyre's were coded. But this latest change is not good for racing as a whole there is no need for mediums or hard tyre's to be used. But I believe we will see a change in tyres in the new year.
Hope gt4 tyres are still the same

I can confirm PCARS Dash worked on my iPhone 6 at the same time as I tested crewchief on my android tablet (Samsung tab2). Console sim racing just made a huge leap forward!

Crewchief is brilliant had me in stitches!

Just remember to enable UDP in gameplay menu within the game I set to level "5"

.Dash apps are so cool, well done on this one SMS 👍

CWM-P1kWIAAzWRO.jpg

.Dash apps are so cool, well done on this one SMS 👍

CWM-P1kWIAAzWRO.jpg
How did you stick the phone on there? I'm using it on an ipad on a stand on my tv cabinet for now. Not too bad but on the wheel would be better. That a suction mount or something?

Seems its caused some confusion on the official forum, I did think GT3 cars especially the McLaren had major over heating issues, all other cars pretty much fine bar that one but for some reason the guys over there have decided that real racers spend ll their time driving at 20% to keep tyres cool, tyre management is a part of it but not to the level SMS had it at patch 6. SMS though clearly like to make their life hard......

How did you stick the phone on there? I'm using it on an ipad on a stand on my tv cabinet for now. Not too bad but on the wheel would be better. That a suction mount or something?

At the mo it just sits nice on the wheel and dash top, with the rubber phone case it grips well with no movement.
I may use so velcro for long term, need to get my tablet going as i wanna run 2.

Anyone know why on my tablet it say this "aap licence could not be verified with google play" ?

I have it working on 2 phones but my tablet won't have it tho, its a samsung tab2.

At the mo it just sits nice on the wheel and dash top, with the rubber phone case it grips well with no movement.
I may use so velcro for long term, need to get my tablet going as i wanna run 2.

Anyone know why on my tablet it say this "aap licence could not be verified with google play" ?

I have it working on 2 phones but my tablet won't have it tho, its a samsung tab2.
Ok nice. There's some small print on the pCARS Dash app site about some android manufacturers not allowing something or other so the app may not work with all of them.

Ok nice. There's some small print on the pCARS Dash app site about some android manufacturers not allowing something or other so the app may not work with all of them.

EDIT: Got it going now 👍

Last edited:
Just tested crew chief... And works! I'll need to buy a bluethoot headphone of find a way to mix the voice with the game audio...

"Car on the right.... still there. Clean right." Precious!

Seems its caused some confusion on the official forum, I did think GT3 cars especially the McLaren had major over heating issues, all other cars pretty much fine bar that one but for some reason the guys over there have decided that real racers spend ll their time driving at 20% to keep tyres cool, tyre management is a part of it but not to the level SMS had it at patch 6. SMS though clearly like to make their life hard......

Huge exaggeration there. I tested the macca on 6.0 and it was fine. You could overheat your tyres if you consistently overloaded them, or allowed too much front scrub or rear wheelspin, but you absolutely didn't have to drive at 20% to keep them cool. I could set consistently fast enough times to belt the AI at 100% without overheating my tyres. Many people on the official forum also said they could set consistent fast times without overheating tyres, you just had to be careful and drive properly, not drive it like a bloody arcade game like you can now.

Now there's no use for the medium or hard tyres, as the soft will literally never overheat, no matter how much you try to abuse them. The tyres needed some fine tuning to get them more accurate, but they were on the right path with 6.0. I was hoping they'd take more of the tyres in the direction they were taking the GT3 tyres in, but thanks to a vocal minority, they've had this knee jerk reaction of nerfing the tyres completely so they don't react at all to misuse.

Never tested any of the apps or crew cheif yet

But the "new" tyre model is a massive step backwards in my opinion

On patch 6.0 I was racing the Clio cup default set-up at Bathurst against 100% AI ,It took me a week of practice to get near thier running times 0f 2:28-29 .Acheiving pole was a near impossibility
Most races i struggled to finish in the top 10

When i finally practiced enough it took total concentration to win a 10 lap race of intense racing ,I was quicker than them going up the hill ,they were quicker than me on the turns ,but not once did i feel i could make mistake and get away with it and hold on to the lead

Today i do the same race ,On qualifying it took 3 laps for my tyres to heat up so they would just grip ,lap 1 on colds was like ice skating

first time out i won pole with a low 2:28

During the race i ran 7 laps of 2:27 and i just walked away from them

I repeated the race ,same thing happened and neither did my tyres heat up

On patch 6.0 I felt like it was an acheivment and my practice was being rewarded i had to work to find that second between me and the AI and i was becoming a better driver

Now its forget throttle control just put the power down the car will grip

Never tested any of the apps or crew cheif yet

But the "new" tyre model is a massive step backwards in my opinion

On patch 6.0 I was racing the Clio cup default set-up at Bathurst against 100% AI ,It took me a week of practice to get near thier running times 0f 2:28-29 .Acheiving pole was a near impossibility
Most races i struggled to finish in the top 10

When i finally practiced enough it took total concentration to win a 10 lap race of intense racing ,I was quicker than them going up the hill ,they were quicker than me on the turns ,but not once did i feel i could make mistake and get away with it and hold on to the lead

Today i do the same race ,On qualifying it took 3 laps for my tyres to heat up so they would just grip ,lap 1 on colds was like ice skating

first time out i won pole with a low 2:28

During the race i ran 7 laps of 2:27 and i just walked away from them

I repeated the race ,same thing happened and neither did my tyres heat up

On patch 6.0 I felt like it was an acheivment and my practice was being rewarded i had to work to find that second between me and the AI and i was becoming a better driver

Now its forget throttle control just put the power down the car will grip

Yep, flash temps are so bad now that you have to throw the car into corners like it's ridge racer just to prevent the tyres going cold during a stint. I was literally drifting the macca GT3 around sakitto wthout the rears going beyond 105 degrees, it was a joke.

No more need to think about what you're doing, and definitely no need for strategy with how you use the tyres now. Only strategy that works is throw the car as hard as you can into the corners and lean on it as hard as you can.

There are a hell of a lot of unhappy people on the official forum now. They've done this to shut up the small amount that were complaining, and now there's five times that amount at least that are unhappy lol. Good work SMS.

Huge exaggeration there. I tested the macca on 6.0 and it was fine. You could overheat your tyres if you consistently overloaded them, or allowed too much front scrub or rear wheelspin, but you absolutely didn't have to drive at 20% to keep them cool. I could set consistently fast enough times to belt the AI at 100% without overheating my tyres. Many people on the official forum also said they could set consistent fast times without overheating tyres, you just had to be careful and drive properly, not drive it like a bloody arcade game like you can now.

Now there's no use for the medium or hard tyres, as the soft will literally never overheat, no matter how much you try to abuse them. The tyres needed some fine tuning to get them more accurate, but they were on the right path with 6.0. I was hoping they'd take more of the tyres in the direction they were taking the GT3 tyres in, but thanks to a vocal minority, they've had this knee jerk reaction of nerfing the tyres completely so they don't react at all to misuse.

IMO i dont think SMS changed because a few loud people, lets face facts SMS has never done anything fast and between the PC patch and the console patch your looking at less than 2 weeks of testing (use that term loosely) I think they are just looking for sweet spot (balance between heat and tire falloff )

I agree patch 6 was close, bit to much heat and not enough falloff,patch 7 not enough heat and im not sure about falloff

The devs saying nothing says alot just not sure what HAHAH

IMO i dont think SMS changed because a few loud people, lets face facts SMS has never done anything fast and between the PC patch and the console patch your looking at less than 2 weeks of testing (use that term loosely) I think they are just looking for sweet spot (balance between heat and tire falloff )

I agree patch 6 was close, bit to much heat and not enough falloff,patch 7 not enough heat and im not sure about falloff

The devs saying nothing says alot just not sure what HAHAH

To be honest, I think the only problem with 6.0 was there was too much heat generated through load by itself. The heat generated through scrub and wheelspin were perfect imo, but leaning on the tyres in long sweepers was producing just a little too much heat. The rate of cooling was really good, as even if you got your tyres into the brown-orange range, you could cool them back to green down one long straight.

If they had dialled back the amount they were heating up from load it would have made them as close to perfect as they'll get I reckon. Now there's next to no heating from load, and very little from scrub or wheelspin. It's now to the point you have to chuck the car about and drive really unrealistically just to keep the tyres green. Someone on the official forum tested wet tyres in the dry, and ran a full stint without overheating them. That right there shows how unrealistic they've made it.

The other bad (worse?) thing is that apart from making the medium and hard tyres useless, the softs are also useless when racing in any conditions other than sunny weather at 1PM.

In our league racing we have races under all conditions and when the conditions are not clear it's a case of the winner is the guy who managed to keep his car on track with cold tyres. :(

Zero camber doesn't work anymore. Not only is the speed advantage almost unnoticeable, but it ruins corner entry and exit. Tried the M3 GT at Silverstone GP and had a terrible time trying to put the power down with zero camber. Once I set it to -2.0 up front and -1.5 rear the car became more driveable. Even then, I had a hard time being consistent off and on throttle. With that being said, my fastest time was a 2:00.6. This time was a second faster than my recorded time trial lap.

Last edited:
I thought there was an issue with 6.0 on PS4 that made the tires 22 degrees hotter then they should be? I thought that was the only correction,

I fully agree with what people are saying here on what needed to happen, I noticed in multicar racing like GT3 you would be hampered for taking the SLS because of its weight, same with GT4,

Somebody nows if the application "DashmeterPRO for AC/pCars" is completely compatible with the last 7.0 update from Pcars on the PlayStation 4??

I got my tab 2 working! Found some weird set of instructions buried in a random forum while I was searching in my desperate last ditch effort to find a way to bring it back from the dead.

Believe it or not this actually worked, so if anyone else has a galaxy tab that won't turn on or charge at all, try this!

1) open up the tab using a prying tool (or in my case excessive force and a set of mini screwdrivers lol).

2) disconnect the battery from the motherboard.

3) disconnect the screen from the motherboard (centre ribbon in the tab 2 10.1).

4) wait at least ten minutes before plugging the battery back in, but leave the screen unplugged.

5) plug in the charger and leave it for two hours.

6) unplug charger, re-connect the screen to the motherboard, turn on the tab, and it should start up with at least half battery life.

I couldn't believe this worked. I had tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery before to no avail, but doing the whole disconnecting the screen to charge it thing worked lol.

So I now have Pcars dash installed on my Tab 2, and I shall run it alongside my phone. Using the phone for a motec style screen above the wheel base, and the Tab on the telemetry or full info HUD beside the wheel. I've already made a mount for the tab, but I'll have to buy a flexi phone holder to get the phone where I want it.

Happy happy. Just hope SMS fix the bloody tyres next time 'round haha.

So does the patch 7.0 tyres make the game unplayable or is it just a problem that you can work around?? Is it less of a problem on PS4??

Haven't downloaded 7.0 yet (PS4).

So does the patch 7.0 tyres make the game unplayable or is it just a problem that you can work around?? Is it less of a problem on PS4??

Haven't downloaded 7.0 yet (PS4).

No not at all it's just a first world problem, as 6.0 brought the heating properties closer to reality, and I think most people knew where the next logical step would be from 6.0, but for some reason they've just undone it and made the heating even less realistic than pre 6.0. Fortunately, the wear rates and grip falloff characteristics are still really good.

So no, no way does it make it unplayable, it just takes away an element of realism that no doubt will be set straight in the next patch. They're sure as hell getting plenty of feedback on the official forum on the issue haha :lol:.

Back