Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
I think Azidahaka trying to say that low steering ratio gives much quicker lock to lock, and with how aggressive aliens are, the responsive steering might increase the scrubbing tendency ( too much angle ) when racing. Personally, IMO steering ratio is driver specific, almost like FFB settings, so I doubt it will be an issue, as there's no absolute correct value.

Best tuner ? No camber tune, glitch tune :lol: in Pcars ?
Yeah what i meant but it seems if you're not a super fast guy, or on the top 10 of leaderboards what you say it's not taken seriously.

In my opinion, that's to be expected. Sims have reached a level of complexity where the average player is no longer in a position or capable to judge the level of realism and/or any faults in the physics. I think there are very few people that have the skill, amount of control and comprehension of what is actually real vs what they expect to make those assumptions/statements. For all the other users it's just a matter of perception/feel, and not so much a matter of real/right/wrong. So I expect a lot more of these type of discussions in the future on various topics.

Yeah what i meant but it seems if you're not a super fast guy, or on the top 10 of leaderboards what you say it's not taken seriously.

Personally i do not care if your the fastest ,the slowest or completley brand new .I value every post on the forum that talks about an issue or tuning within the game ,wether right, wrong or just looking for advice ,if there wrong somebody always comes on and gives another statement which is then discussed and i learn something and so does everybody else

Its very rare i skip/ignore comments that an Author posts ,which are easy to read understand and well reasoned even if its a different opinion than my own

With LMP2, LMP1, GT3 all of those car's tyres are getting too hot, i increase the pressure but the heating is always there. The endurance championship that i'm in will suffer from that. The Grid 2 race (GT3 and LMP3) is today, let me see how it will goes, since my race, Grid 1(LMP1 and 2) is wednesday.

But all cars that raced seens to suffer from the overheating tyres problem. Not only GT3.

I still don't know why the tyre model was changed in the first place. At first i thought it was a good idea as it kept the game fresh, and made us retweek setups/driving styles, but now it's just a pain, in particular the GT3 cars just overheat. Yesterday for example in an online race, on low fuel in qualifying, the tyres went red after 2 laps, but afterwards on race fuel, they didn't overheat as much, how does that work????

Also the Yellowbird, which before had terrible tyre problems, has now had that reduced....All very strange.

Other cars like the Formula C car, now feel very different to before also, which has rendered my setups as useless now. A painus in the anus! SMS/WMD should be working on removing the bugs and making the game run smoother, not changing things that were perfectly adaquate.

I still don't know why the tyre model was changed in the first place. At first i thought it was a good idea as it kept the game fresh, and made us retweek setups/driving styles, but now it's just a pain, in particular the GT3 cars just overheat. Yesterday for example in an online race, on low fuel in qualifying, the tyres went red after 2 laps, but afterwards on race fuel, they didn't overheat as much, how does that work????

Also the Yellowbird, which before had terrible tyre problems, has now had that reduced....All very strange.

Other cars like the Formula C car, now feel very different to before also, which has rendered my setups as useless now. A painus in the anus! SMS/WMD should be working on removing the bugs and making the game run smoother, not changing things that were perfectly adaquate.
I drove the BAC Mono last night, first time in ages, and was amazed I got no red tyres at all. Seems like the road tyres are unaffected at least.

I suppose the only answer is weight of fuel ,is giving you extra traction over the real axel

Also running the Maclaren 12c at Bathurst ,i can run 2:05 using the default set-up but the tyres over heat costing valuable seconds the next lap ,by putting up down force to full ,i run .5 second slower but all my lap times at very consistant but the tyres are still red ,which in my mind ,shows the tyre model is not correct ,If downforce is pushing your car down on the track ,then they should be less stress on the tyres ,might be worth a test using a full tank with full downforce to see how the tyres react

I drove the BAC Mono last night, first time in ages, and was amazed I got no red tyres at all. Seems like the road tyres are unaffected at least

Can confirm this ,i thought if any car would suffer it would be the Chaterham 500 super light ,but no tyre went red ,i had to drop the pressure by 30psi to get them red

A member of our league just did a PC vs PS4 test on Watkins Glen with the McClaren GT3. Identical track conditions and the tires on PS4 were 22F degree hotter on PS4 over 5 laps. Twenty Two degrees!! :eek: How does that get through testing? :confused:

Exactly oz i think they need to employ us, the first hour i said something was wrong, think i was one of the first to run 0.0 rear cam too on PS4 :D

But forget all that its down to our driving :D

Last edited:
I suppose the only answer is weight of fuel ,is giving you extra traction over the real axel

The car in question was the BMW Z4 GT3, rear wheel drive, but the rear (driven) axle has nothing to do with the front tyres overheating does it? That's why it's strange to me that on the lighter fuel, the front tyres got hotter than on race fuel.

Also yesterday i hosted a Ginetta GT4 event, with races in the rain, and during qualy, the car had more grip coming out of the pits in the rain on cold wet tyres than in the dry on cold slicks........Is that realistic, i'm not sure,

I think I was one of the first to find the camber isu

Exactly oz i think they need to employ us, the first hour i said something was wrong, think i was one of the first to run 0.0 rear cam too :D

The camber issue have been known for long time, back when I built a replica of Audi TT-RS for a guy ( also the owner ) on PSN, he told me about it :) That was back in early 2015. He said about exploit/glitch tuning in pcars, he said a few among them are camber and bugged steering ratio ( this may not even fixed yet ). He even predicted it will take more than a year for SMS to fix/update the physics and bugs ( vehicles, suspension and tires ) He was WMD member as well, so I guess some WMD members would have known about physics issues and the bugs from before to after release.

Anyone wanted to try low front/rear high ride height + high bump stop value and near open rear diff / low lock and preload ( LSD ) tune :sly: ?

The car in question was the BMW Z4 GT3, rear wheel drive, but the rear (driven) axle has nothing to do with the front tyres overheating does it? That's why it's strange to me that on the lighter fuel, the front tyres got hotter than on race fuel.

Also yesterday i hosted a Ginetta GT4 event, with races in the rain, and during qualy, the car had more grip coming out of the pits in the rain on cold wet tyres than in the dry on cold slicks........Is that realistic, i'm not sure,
I can explain your low fuel issue. When you add more fuel to the Z4 it effectively moves the weight distribution further backwards since the fuel tank is at the rear. Moving the weight backwards allows the car to rotate better in corners, mainly on entry. So when you take the fuel out your rotating less and this causes understeer and puts more load on the fronts. If you tune a car with 40L or more and you want the same characteristics in say qualifying with 10L, then all you have to do is lower the decel lock by about 5% and maybe reduce the preload one click.

Never mind one day you might get smoothe and make it on the leader boards

Heavier fuel load will change the balance of the car and its acceleration braking consider the fuel tank to be towards the rear axel ,will lift the nose up ,maybe we might need to adjust the longitudial weight bias to compensate

If it were realistic then why would they bother heating the tyres to optimum temparature lol ,i would consider that broken

PC guy here. I haven't really had problems with overheating tyres. They heat up faster, yes, but it's no big deal for me to keep them under control.

I have encountered another issue, however. Now it seems that changing tyre pressures has close to none (if at all) effect on the temperature. So let's say the right front tyre is 5° C too cold, now I'm gonna reduce the pressure by 0.05 bar and see how it works. Nothing happens. Back to the pits, reducing by another 0.05 bar. Still nothing happens. As hot as before. Doesn't matter which tyre you adjust. You can change all four tyre pressure at once and there will still be no effect.
The tyre temperatures will differ regarding the track temperature. But you don't have the chance to adjust according to whether you run a late night session in October or under the hot sun of a July afternoon. Your tyres will either be way too cold or overheat and you can't do anything against it.

Has anyone done some testing on this here and can confirm it?

Last edited:
PC guy here. I haven't really had problems with overheating tyres. They heat up faster, yes, but it's no big deal for me to keep them under control.

I have encountered another issue, however. Now it seems that changing tyre pressures has close to none (if at all) effect on the temperature. So let's say the right front tyre is 5° C too cold, now I'm gonna reduce the pressure by 0.05 bar and see how it works. Nothing happens. Back to the pits, reducing by another 0.05 bar. Still nothing happens. As hot as before. Doesn't matter which tyre you adjust. You can change all four tyre pressure at once and there will still be no effect.
The tyre temperatures will differ regarding the track temperature. But you don't have the chance to adjust according to whether you run a late night session in October in the hot sun of a July afternoon. Your tyres will either be way too cold or overheat and you can't do anything against it.

I beleive everybody has ,some people more than once ,but also on PC you have 6.1 patch which most users dont have

The tyre temperatures will differ regarding the track temperature. But you don't have the chance to adjust according to whether you run a late night session in October in the hot sun of a July afternoon. Your tyres will either be way too cold or overheat and you can't do anything against it.

On ps4 I noticed the exact same thing. I also noticed you can go to extreme pressures and still have reasonable grip where as in 5.0 it would have been like you had intermediates on and were sliding everywhere.

Yes i am having overheating tire issues but it's not happening after 2 laps like y'all. I notice when i was practicing for my 3 hour EEC race. I drive a LMP2 car in that series btw.

Here is what i think SMS should do for patches. Bring new features every 2 months instead. Kinda of like how they do with the track packs. Say for example patch 7.0 can be a whole bunch of fixes. Im talking about a lot of fixes. Then in January they can bring like 2 new features. This would be smart tbh. Whenever they bring features and it got bugs they can work on that in the next patch along with other fixes. The reason im saying this is because every time they come out with a patch that includes new features or something its bugged. And it's getting frustrating. So this should be the best solution if i was SMS.

Project CARS – PS4 Patch 6.0 – Release notes

• NEW – host kick function. The host of an online game can now select to immediately kick a player from the server. Kicked players will be auto-kicked if they attempt to rejoin the same multiplayer session.
• NEW – mandatory pit stop option. The Lobby admin can opt to force a single pitstop during any race.
• NEW – option to set race length by time (also available in Quick Race)
• NEW – ‘Allow Ghosted Vehicles’ option added so that the lobby admin can decide if he wants vehicles ghosted or not when they drive the wrong way.
• NEW – dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.
• Fixed an exploit where a player could be awarded a win by jumping the start.
• Fixed an issue where, if the host is forcing realistic driving assists, the player wasn’t able to toggle the allowed assists on or off while in-race.
• Fixed an issue where, if Forced Default Setup is used, the pit crew would not change tyres until they’re completely worn. The tyres will now be changed when at least one tyre is worn down by 25% or more.
• Improved VOIP quality for the in-game chat system.

Career
• Fixed a bug where drivers in a simulated series can all end up with ‘INVALID NAME!’.
• Fixed a bug where AI opponents would attempt to use DLC cars that are not installed.
• The player will no longer be offered a contract renewal for a DLC contract, if they've since uninstalled that DLC.
• DLC Career contract emails earned while a DLC was installed, are no longer shown if DLC is then uninstalled.
• If the player’s current contract is a DLC contract and the player uninstalls this DLC, the career season using this DLC contract will finish for the player when entering Dashboard and they will have to pick from valid contract offers to continue (or reinstall the uninstalled DLC).
• Fixed an issue where the Modified Cars Pack and Limited Edition DLC Invitationals and Accolades were visible for players who do not own these DLC packs. Entering these invitational events would cause the player and AI to be in non-matching vehicles.
• Fixed an issue where at times the pit crew wouldn’t change the tyre set to the one selected in pit-strategy.

Controls
• Fixed an issue where remapping KERS would stop it working
• Fixed an issue where changes made to Gamepad Advanced Options were not saved.
• Added Thrustmaster T150 support

Tracks
• Zolder – fixed a potential ‘landmine’ issue.
• Le Mans – adjusted the 55th garage spot to correct an issue where the cars would hit the pit wall on exiting this spot.
• Donington – all layouts – fixed an issue where cars would make contact with the left side wall when exiting some garages.
• Road America – pre-race camera tweaked to prevent the camera from clipping with the ground.
• Ruapuna Park – all layouts – fixed an issue with the last garage spot being outside garage area.
• Mojave – all layouts – fixed an issue with floating tyre skid marks, fixed an issue with rain being visible inside tunnels, and placed visible barriers in areas where the player is not allowed to drive.

Vehicles
• Bentley Continental GT3 – fixed DLC livery windscreen banners.
• Ruf CTR3 SMS-R – increased default tire pressure to work better with tire warmers.
• Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny – fixed an issue with the windscreen banner.

Physics & AI
• AI – improved awareness and look-ahead to help with situations in multi-class races, where AI in a fast car would fail to avoid the player and AI in much slower cars.
• Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.
• Implemented support to remove detached wheels from the track after a certain amount of time.
GUI & HUD
• Vehicle selection – manufacturer page now orders icons alphabetically.
• Improved the French translations for some of the items in the vehicle setup screens.
• Minor updates to Career Dashboard – motorsports & DN Profile buttons are now tiles consistent with other tabs, Inbox is now full screen with clearer indication of highlighted mail, and initial Accept Contract Offer screen now has improved layout and clearer indication of signature button.
• Improved Race Central screen – better balanced background image, removed gradient in top-right corner
• Track layout map images are now displayed on the quick track selection screens.
• Fixed an issue where ‘Invert Camera Y Axis’ text was being displayed as ‘Automatic Clutch’.

General
• Fixed an issue during pit stops where the pit crew mistakes ratio was too high.
• Driver name tags above cars can now be turned on for replays.
• Entering the pits during a Time Trial will now invalidate that lap’s time.
• Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.
• General game stability improvements.

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 6.0 – Release notes

• NEW – host kick function. The host of an online game can now select to immediately kick a player from the server. Kicked players will be auto-kicked if they attempt to rejoin the same multiplayer session.
• NEW – mandatory pit stop option. The Lobby admin can opt to force a single pitstop during any race.
• NEW – option to set race length by time (also available in Quick Race).
• NEW – ‘Allow Ghosted Vehicles’ option added so that the lobby admin can decide if he wants vehicles ghosted or not when they drive the wrong way.
• NEW – dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.
• Fixed an exploit where a player could be awarded a win by jumping the start.
• Fixed an issue where, if the host is forcing realistic driving assists, the player wasn’t able to toggle the allowed assists on or off while in-race.
• Fixed an issue where, if Forced Default Setup is used, the pit crew would not change tyres until they’re completely worn. The tyres will now be changed when at least one tyre is worn down by 25% or more.
• Improved VOIP quality for the in-game chat system.

Career
• Fixed a bug where drivers in a simulated series can all end up with ‘INVALID NAME!’.
• Fixed a bug where AI opponents would attempt to use DLC cars that are not installed.
• The player will no longer be offered a contract renewal for a DLC contract, if they've since uninstalled that DLC.
• DLC Career contract emails earned while a DLC was installed, are no longer shown if DLC is then uninstalled.
• If the player’s current contract is a DLC contract and the player uninstalls this DLC, the career season using this DLC contract will finish for the player when entering Dashboard and they will have to pick from valid contract offers to continue (or reinstall the uninstalled DLC).
• Fixed an issue where the Modified Cars Pack and Limited Edition DLC Invitationals and Accolades were visible for players who do not own these DLC packs. Entering these invitational events would cause the player and AI to be in non-matching vehicles.
• Fixed an issue where at times the pit crew wouldn’t change the tyre set to the one selected in pit-strategy.

Controls
• Fixed an issue where remapping KERS would stop it working.
• Fixed an issue where changes made to Gamepad Advanced Options were not saved.

Tracks
• Zolder – fixed a potential ‘landmine’ issue.
• Le Mans – adjusted the 55th garage spot to correct an issue where the cars would hit the pit wall on exiting this spot.
• Donington – all layouts – fixed an issue where cars would make contact with the left side wall when exiting some garages.
• Road America – pre-race camera tweaked to prevent the camera from clipping with the ground.
• Ruapuna Park – all layouts – fixed an issue with the last garage spot being outside garage area.
• Mojave – all layouts – fixed an issue with floating tyre skid marks, fixed an issue with rain being visible inside tunnels, and placed visible barriers in areas where the player is not allowed to drive.

Vehicles
• Bentley Continental GT3 – fixed DLC livery windscreen banners.
• Ruf CTR3 SMS-R – increased default tire pressure to work better with tire warmers.
• Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny – fixed an issue with the windscreen banner.

Physics & AI
• AI – improved awareness and look-ahead to help with situations in multi-class races, where AI in a fast car would fail to avoid the player and AI in much slower cars.
• Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.
• Implemented support to remove detached wheels from the track after a certain amount of time.

GUI & HUD

• Vehicle selection – manufacturer page now orders icons alphabetically.
• Improved the French translations for some of the items in the vehicle setup screens.
• Minor updates to Career Dashboard – motorsports & DN Profile buttons are now tiles consistent with other tabs, Inbox is now full screen with clearer indication of highlighted mail, and initial Accept Contract Offer screen now has improved layout and clearer indication of signature button.
• Improved Race Central screen – better balanced background image, removed gradient in top-right corner.
• Track layout map images are now displayed on the quick track selection screens.
• Fixed an issue where ‘Invert Camera Y Axis’ text was being displayed as ‘Automatic Clutch’.
• Updated the Xbox One controller image to the new Elite Controller.

General
• Fixed an issue during pit stops where the pit crew mistakes ratio was too high.
• Driver name tags above cars can now be turned on for replays.
• Entering the pits during a Time Trial will now invalidate that lap’s time.
• Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.
• Fixed a power-down timing related save data corruption issue.
• Fixed an issue where the game failed to display the account picker if the user resumed the game without signing into a profile after instant-on.

Project CARS - PC Patch 6.2 - Steam VAC support

Project CARS now support VAC, Steam's anti-cheat system. If it detects that players are using external cheat mechanisms in mulitplayer such as 3rd party hacking tools, it will permanently ban them from joining "secure" multiplayer sessions in the future. A secure session is identified with a VAC shield icon displayed in the Online Browser. Slightly Mad Studios can also temporarily or permanently ban players from secure multiplayer.

Administrators of dedicated servers can choose whether the server is secure or not in the config (defaults to secure), and peer to peer sessions are created as secure by default, unless a VAC-banned player creates them, then they are insecure.

VAC bans are limited to multiplayer gameplay and do not affect access to offline features of the game.

Please note, for the anti-cheat detector part to work, we need to report any known cheat programs to Valve so that they can add these to their detection list. If you become aware of a new cheat program, please report this to Slightly Mad Studios and we will see that it is added to the list.

For more details see:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6899-IOSK-9514

Update 7.0 out now on steam (PC)

Seems it fixes the camber issue.. Now awaiting the update for Ps4 in my case and the new DLC..

Project CARS – PC Patch 7.0 – Release Notes

Physics & Tyres
• Neutralized the top speed advantage of running zero camber on many tires.
• Reduced flash layer temperature cap for GT3/LMP and other slick tires to make them less prone to overheating.
• Classic Lotus cars: Disabled patch-to-hub on several tyre carcass models as it was creating a strong low-speed FFB buzz.

Controls
• Update to latest Fanatec SDK

Career
• Corrected the German name for the LMP3 UK Semi-Pro Championship

Tracks
• Rouen Short – Reworked the AI paths around the hairpin area to try and keep the historic cars from running up the hill on exit when in tight packs.

Vehicles
• Repositioned the cockpit camera view to a proper center point for a number of vehicles that were reported to be incorrectly positioned.

Audio
• Lotus 40 and 49 - Rebalanced the AI vehicle volume.

Render
• Antialiasing mode DS2M fixed for AMD GPUs.

UDP streaming support

Fixed a bug where the streaming rate option in the GUI was not working correctly. The option is enabled via the ‘Game play’ menu ‘UDP mode’. This can be selected between off and 1-9. The number represents the UDP streaming data rate as follows:
UDP off
UDP 1 60/sec (16ms)
UDP 2 50/sec (20ms)
UDP 3 40/sec (25ms)
UDP 4 30/sec (32ms)
UDP 5 20/sec (50ms)
UDP 6 15/sec (66ms)
UDP 7 10/sec (100ms)
UDP 8 05/sec (200ms)
UDP 9 01/sec (1000ms)
The stream is sent to a broadcast address (255.255.255.255) on port 5606.

Oculus Rift
All UI screens are now correctly mirrored on the main monitor.

The following entries refer to fields in the OculusSettings.xml file located in your Documents/Project CARS folder. This file is auto-generated the first time you run the game with the headset active.

VSync – "false" will ignore any user setting and use the code default (currently set to off). "true" will use whatever vsync is set to in the "graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml" file in your Documents/Project CARS folder.

ResetVR - Changed automatic camera position reset at race start to be user controlled, providing 4 options:
0 – Always use Oculus system default position
1 - Reset view once at boot-up only
2 - Reset at start of race, but only once per execution of the game
4 - Reset at start of every race (supersedes case above)
These values can be combined by adding up, for example:
3 – Reset at boot and at start of the first race

NearZ – Overrides the game’s default NearZ value for player cameras (0.1). This value determines how close to the camera the 3D world will stop drawing. Setting this override to a value less than the default will allow for less clipping of objects close to the camera. Too low values may cause some texture flickering on objects in the game world. Try values around 0.05 as a starting point. Setting it to 0 will use the default game value.

GForce – Overrides the Camera Movement value that simulates G-force effects on the player’s head. Valid range is 0-1. Setting it to -1 will use the value set in the game options.

WorldMovement – Overrides the Camera Movement value that controls how the visible movement is balanced between the world vs the car. Valid range is 0-100. Setting it to -1 will use the value set in the game options.

exposureFOV – This field allows you to control the FOV that’s used to calculate the HDR exposure. This is very useful for closed-cockpit cars where the default VR FOV of 120 typically causes the outside view to be extremely bright. Setting it to 0 will use the default FOV.

Back