Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by DrJustice, May 13, 2015.

1. ebelen92

ebelen92

The GTE Aston is much better on the PS4 with Casey's controller suggestions. I guess it's a different deal with a wheel though.

2. azidahaka

azidahaka

Yeah what i meant but it seems if you're not a super fast guy, or on the top 10 of leaderboards what you say it's not taken seriously.

3. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

In my opinion, that's to be expected. Sims have reached a level of complexity where the average player is no longer in a position or capable to judge the level of realism and/or any faults in the physics. I think there are very few people that have the skill, amount of control and comprehension of what is actually real vs what they expect to make those assumptions/statements. For all the other users it's just a matter of perception/feel, and not so much a matter of real/right/wrong. So I expect a lot more of these type of discussions in the future on various topics.

4. TheBull

TheBull

Personally i do not care if your the fastest ,the slowest or completley brand new .I value every post on the forum that talks about an issue or tuning within the game ,wether right, wrong or just looking for advice ,if there wrong somebody always comes on and gives another statement which is then discussed and i learn something and so does everybody else

Its very rare i skip/ignore comments that an Author posts ,which are easy to read understand and well reasoned even if its a different opinion than my own

Brit999, ukfan758, Cocomoto and 10 others like this.
  5. Cocomoto

Cocomoto

With LMP2, LMP1, GT3 all of those car's tyres are getting too hot, i increase the pressure but the heating is always there. The endurance championship that i'm in will suffer from that. The Grid 2 race (GT3 and LMP3) is today, let me see how it will goes, since my race, Grid 1(LMP1 and 2) is wednesday.

But all cars that raced seens to suffer from the overheating tyres problem. Not only GT3.

6. TexasTyme214

TexasTyme214

7. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

I still don't know why the tyre model was changed in the first place. At first i thought it was a good idea as it kept the game fresh, and made us retweek setups/driving styles, but now it's just a pain, in particular the GT3 cars just overheat. Yesterday for example in an online race, on low fuel in qualifying, the tyres went red after 2 laps, but afterwards on race fuel, they didn't overheat as much, how does that work????

Also the Yellowbird, which before had terrible tyre problems, has now had that reduced....All very strange.

Other cars like the Formula C car, now feel very different to before also, which has rendered my setups as useless now. A painus in the anus! SMS/WMD should be working on removing the bugs and making the game run smoother, not changing things that were perfectly adaquate.

Zakspeed_TV and McKiernan like this.
  8. bleeder

bleeder

I drove the BAC Mono last night, first time in ages, and was amazed I got no red tyres at all. Seems like the road tyres are unaffected at least.

svenvangent likes this.
  9. TheBull

TheBull

I suppose the only answer is weight of fuel ,is giving you extra traction over the real axel

Also running the Maclaren 12c at Bathurst ,i can run 2:05 using the default set-up but the tyres over heat costing valuable seconds the next lap ,by putting up down force to full ,i run .5 second slower but all my lap times at very consistant but the tyres are still red ,which in my mind ,shows the tyre model is not correct ,If downforce is pushing your car down on the track ,then they should be less stress on the tyres ,might be worth a test using a full tank with full downforce to see how the tyres react

Can confirm this ,i thought if any car would suffer it would be the Chaterham 500 super light ,but no tyre went red ,i had to drop the pressure by 30psi to get them red

Zakspeed_TV, Over Active and ozwheels like this.
  10. ozwheels

ozwheels

A member of our league just did a PC vs PS4 test on Watkins Glen with the McClaren GT3. Identical track conditions and the tires on PS4 were 22F degree hotter on PS4 over 5 laps. Twenty Two degrees!! :eek: How does that get through testing? :confused:

ONESPACE, fortbo, McKiernan and 6 others like this.
  11. Zakspeed_TV

Zakspeed_TV

Exactly oz i think they need to employ us, the first hour i said something was wrong, think i was one of the first to run 0.0 rear cam too on PS4 :D

But forget all that its down to our driving :D

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  12. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

The car in question was the BMW Z4 GT3, rear wheel drive, but the rear (driven) axle has nothing to do with the front tyres overheating does it? That's why it's strange to me that on the lighter fuel, the front tyres got hotter than on race fuel.

Also yesterday i hosted a Ginetta GT4 event, with races in the rain, and during qualy, the car had more grip coming out of the pits in the rain on cold wet tyres than in the dry on cold slicks........Is that realistic, i'm not sure,

McKiernan and Zakspeed_TV like this.
  13. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The camber issue have been known for long time, back when I built a replica of Audi TT-RS for a guy ( also the owner ) on PSN, he told me about it :) That was back in early 2015. He said about exploit/glitch tuning in pcars, he said a few among them are camber and bugged steering ratio ( this may not even fixed yet ). He even predicted it will take more than a year for SMS to fix/update the physics and bugs ( vehicles, suspension and tires ) He was WMD member as well, so I guess some WMD members would have known about physics issues and the bugs from before to after release.

Anyone wanted to try low front/rear high ride height + high bump stop value and near open rear diff / low lock and preload ( LSD ) tune :sly: ?

14. ozwheels

ozwheels

I can explain your low fuel issue. When you add more fuel to the Z4 it effectively moves the weight distribution further backwards since the fuel tank is at the rear. Moving the weight backwards allows the car to rotate better in corners, mainly on entry. So when you take the fuel out your rotating less and this causes understeer and puts more load on the fronts. If you tune a car with 40L or more and you want the same characteristics in say qualifying with 10L, then all you have to do is lower the decel lock by about 5% and maybe reduce the preload one click.

15. TheBull

TheBull

Never mind one day you might get smoothe and make it on the leader boards

Heavier fuel load will change the balance of the car and its acceleration braking consider the fuel tank to be towards the rear axel ,will lift the nose up ,maybe we might need to adjust the longitudial weight bias to compensate

If it were realistic then why would they bother heating the tyres to optimum temparature lol ,i would consider that broken

16. Telstar

Telstar

PC guy here. I haven't really had problems with overheating tyres. They heat up faster, yes, but it's no big deal for me to keep them under control.

I have encountered another issue, however. Now it seems that changing tyre pressures has close to none (if at all) effect on the temperature. So let's say the right front tyre is 5° C too cold, now I'm gonna reduce the pressure by 0.05 bar and see how it works. Nothing happens. Back to the pits, reducing by another 0.05 bar. Still nothing happens. As hot as before. Doesn't matter which tyre you adjust. You can change all four tyre pressure at once and there will still be no effect.
    The tyre temperatures will differ regarding the track temperature. But you don't have the chance to adjust according to whether you run a late night session in October or under the hot sun of a July afternoon. Your tyres will either be way too cold or overheat and you can't do anything against it.

Has anyone done some testing on this here and can confirm it?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  17. TheBull

TheBull

I beleive everybody has ,some people more than once ,but also on PC you have 6.1 patch which most users dont have

Telstar likes this.
  18. ozwheels

ozwheels

On ps4 I noticed the exact same thing. I also noticed you can go to extreme pressures and still have reasonable grip where as in 5.0 it would have been like you had intermediates on and were sliding everywhere.

Zakspeed_TV and Telstar like this.
  19. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Yes i am having overheating tire issues but it's not happening after 2 laps like y'all. I notice when i was practicing for my 3 hour EEC race. I drive a LMP2 car in that series btw.

20. Telstar

Telstar

6.1 doesn't fix anything related to tyre heat, does it?

21. TheBull

TheBull

Unsure ,i`m on PS4 take a look at the patch notes of page 1 of this thread

22. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

23. Zakspeed_TV

Zakspeed_TV

24. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

ozwheels, CHEN255, McKiernan and 5 others like this.
  25. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Here is what i think SMS should do for patches. Bring new features every 2 months instead. Kinda of like how they do with the track packs. Say for example patch 7.0 can be a whole bunch of fixes. Im talking about a lot of fixes. Then in January they can bring like 2 new features. This would be smart tbh. Whenever they bring features and it got bugs they can work on that in the next patch along with other fixes. The reason im saying this is because every time they come out with a patch that includes new features or something its bugged. And it's getting frustrating. So this should be the best solution if i was SMS.

HammyMansell likes this.
  26. DrJustice

DrJustice

ukfan758 likes this.
  27. DrJustice

DrJustice

ukfan758 likes this.
  28. DrJustice

DrJustice

ukfan758 likes this.
  29. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Damn i thought it was patch 7.0 notes when i saw you reply to this thread. :(

HammyMansell, Mike_grpA and ukfan758 like this.
  30. Donnced

Donnced

Update 7.0 out now on steam (PC)

Seems it fixes the camber issue.. Now awaiting the update for Ps4 in my case and the new DLC..

Project CARS – PC Patch 7.0 – Release Notes

Physics & Tyres
    • Neutralized the top speed advantage of running zero camber on many tires.
    • Reduced flash layer temperature cap for GT3/LMP and other slick tires to make them less prone to overheating.
    • Classic Lotus cars: Disabled patch-to-hub on several tyre carcass models as it was creating a strong low-speed FFB buzz.

Controls
    • Update to latest Fanatec SDK

Career
    • Corrected the German name for the LMP3 UK Semi-Pro Championship

Tracks
    • Rouen Short – Reworked the AI paths around the hairpin area to try and keep the historic cars from running up the hill on exit when in tight packs.

Vehicles
    • Repositioned the cockpit camera view to a proper center point for a number of vehicles that were reported to be incorrectly positioned.

Audio
    • Lotus 40 and 49 - Rebalanced the AI vehicle volume.

Render
    • Antialiasing mode DS2M fixed for AMD GPUs.

UDP streaming support

Fixed a bug where the streaming rate option in the GUI was not working correctly. The option is enabled via the ‘Game play’ menu ‘UDP mode’. This can be selected between off and 1-9. The number represents the UDP streaming data rate as follows:
    UDP off
    UDP 1 60/sec (16ms)
    UDP 2 50/sec (20ms)
    UDP 3 40/sec (25ms)
    UDP 4 30/sec (32ms)
    UDP 5 20/sec (50ms)
    UDP 6 15/sec (66ms)
    UDP 7 10/sec (100ms)
    UDP 8 05/sec (200ms)
    UDP 9 01/sec (1000ms)
    The stream is sent to a broadcast address (255.255.255.255) on port 5606.

Oculus Rift
    All UI screens are now correctly mirrored on the main monitor.

The following entries refer to fields in the OculusSettings.xml file located in your Documents/Project CARS folder. This file is auto-generated the first time you run the game with the headset active.

VSync – "false" will ignore any user setting and use the code default (currently set to off). "true" will use whatever vsync is set to in the "graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml" file in your Documents/Project CARS folder.

ResetVR - Changed automatic camera position reset at race start to be user controlled, providing 4 options:
    0 – Always use Oculus system default position
    1 - Reset view once at boot-up only
    2 - Reset at start of race, but only once per execution of the game
    4 - Reset at start of every race (supersedes case above)
    These values can be combined by adding up, for example:
    3 – Reset at boot and at start of the first race

NearZ – Overrides the game’s default NearZ value for player cameras (0.1). This value determines how close to the camera the 3D world will stop drawing. Setting this override to a value less than the default will allow for less clipping of objects close to the camera. Too low values may cause some texture flickering on objects in the game world. Try values around 0.05 as a starting point. Setting it to 0 will use the default game value.

GForce – Overrides the Camera Movement value that simulates G-force effects on the player’s head. Valid range is 0-1. Setting it to -1 will use the value set in the game options.

WorldMovement – Overrides the Camera Movement value that controls how the visible movement is balanced between the world vs the car. Valid range is 0-100. Setting it to -1 will use the value set in the game options.

exposureFOV – This field allows you to control the FOV that’s used to calculate the HDR exposure. This is very useful for closed-cockpit cars where the default VR FOV of 120 typically causes the outside view to be extremely bright. Setting it to 0 will use the default FOV.

Foxiol, bleeder, Elitekilla29 and 5 others like this.