Payback: Abandoned cars Thread

• Thread starter Jay84
  • 265 comments
Gonna try for this tonigh or over the weekend, wish me luck guys...

If I may offer a suggestion... If you are following the suggested route back to the airfield, one thing I finally realized on my next to last try is that around 1/3 of the way through the chase there is a certain corner (right after a bridge) that I kept taking to the right, however it's the wrong way. The trouble is that the blue GPS route corrects so quickly, that if you blink, you miss the change and you think that you are on the right route when in reality the game is now taking you the extra long way. So just remember, go LEFT after the bridge!

Finally got the ruddy Silvia. Hit the freeway and drove like hell. Finally go the ruddy car in time for tomorrow.

Which car are we getting tomorrow. Lets do a straw pole

type:

1 for M3
2 for Pagani
3 for none of the above

I vote number 2

^^^ He makes a good point in that video... the carbon fiber on the hood of Rachel's 350Z was really amateur. I had more fun just recreating a "tribute version" of my own...

0031.jpg
0095.jpg

It's a very loose interpretation to be sure, but the colors are there... even kept some gold in the wheels (on the edges). At this point in time, Rachel's actual wrap is very dated, so I tried to envision what it would look like in a much more current version.

I really want that crown victoria cop car and the rest as well.
If the cycle through the list again it'll take roughly 3 months to go through from start to finish. We have about 3 left before the halloween special so we might get the cop car before the halloween special or just after if the list repeats verbatum otherwise you'll have between now and the end of January. I'll keep you informed in this thread if if comes up :)

Slightly gutted Ghost didn't take the time to give us a genuine M3 GTR rather than a visually modified E46 M3, but it was expected. Worth it for the iconic design
M3 GTR.jpg

Oh looks like I might still have a chance to get the other abandoned cars I missed besides that Z.

I have missed my chance to get Udo Roth's Impreza, Aki Kimura's Silvia and Holtzman's C10 Pickup.

Just to quickly reiterate

http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Payback/Abandoned_Cars

Cars

As it stands We've had all but 7 cars. 6 are seasonal and one is random.

The random is the Cold Rim Challenger SRT8. If anyone has an idea when this'll drop, please let us know otherwise the others seem straight forward

Ford Roadster (Halloween) should be 30th of October (day prior to Halloween)
Mercedes G63 (Santa Claus) should be Christmas day (possibly earlier due to holidays)
Diablo SV (New Years) should be New Years day (as before could be earlier due to holidays)
Lotus Exige (Love Mobile) should be 12th of February (two days prior to Valentines day. What girl wouldn't want a digital Exige ;) )
Jaguar F Type (St Patrick) should be 12th of March (17th falls on a Sunday)
Volkswagen Beetle (Spring) should be Easter (21 of April this year so a late one. This means the car should drop on the 16th of April)

I haven't even tried for these since I already own them all. But is it worth it for the money? What do these abandoned cars sell for?

Back