[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Are you talking about Arma? I don't have that (yet).. Was thinking about it...

About the Typhoon, copied from VEAO.
Typhoon
A general update is that work has started on the digital displays. I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Priller to the team who is working with me on the digital displays.
I've spent the past several months evaluating what avionics suite functions we can and can't put into the aircraft, for security reasons, and I will be working full time on Typhoon personally from October as I have left my day job to work on VEAO full time.
What this does mean is that we will not meet my personal 2015 deadline for Typhoon release. I wanted to be flying around in DCS with it by Christmas but apparently Santa thinks I've been naughty and so it is not to be.
The new external model is almost complete and work on Typhoon cockpit will start soon. For now, we are using our military demonstrator to work on the systems which will simply plug into the new model.
I'm looking forward to my next trip to Conningsby in the coming weeks to play some more with the MHDD displays.

Aaaand
Staff and Recruiting
In addition to Priller, I'd also like to welcome Kevin "Gibbage" Miller to the team. Gibbage is renowned for his work on the original IL2 games with Oleg Maddox. He worked on models for Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters and 1946 all under the IL2 banner and we are very pleased to see his excellent work for DCS, which his first aircraft is being animated right now by our team.
If you've flown IL2 you will have likely flown in one of his models.
From what I saw this weekend of the aircraft he has modeled and textured, you will be blown away. Oh yeah, that's one of the surprise ones you'll hear about soon
wink.gif

Welcome to the VEAO team guys.

^ What surprise...

I really don't want to say it.. but I'm so excited right now ;)

Edit: wtf is that thing :lol:

Edit 2: I'm downloading the beta right now..

Last edited:
OP Updated!

Nice 👍

The guy from Polychop Sims:
"As stated before, we are in negotiations with Airbus, also about a 3rd helo. Which one it will be, might be disclosed withing this year. We have to see how well negotiations go and if we get a clearance for this beauty, as many obstacles have to be taken.

What I can state is, that the 3rd one will be of thier current production line and is not outdated like an aluette.

Further infos will follow before christmas I hope or around that time when we will see how far we got with everything else and if we are ready to make any official statement on nb3.

I hope this helps you guys a bit

Sincearly
Sven"

So yeah, you guys aren't really into choppers I assume but I find this very interesting :P

Nice 👍

The guy from Polychop Sims:
"As stated before, we are in negotiations with Airbus, also about a 3rd helo. Which one it will be, might be disclosed withing this year. We have to see how well negotiations go and if we get a clearance for this beauty, as many obstacles have to be taken.

What I can state is, that the 3rd one will be of thier current production line and is not outdated like an aluette.

Further infos will follow before christmas I hope or around that time when we will see how far we got with everything else and if we are ready to make any official statement on nb3.

I hope this helps you guys a bit

Sincearly
Sven"

So yeah, you guys aren't really into choppers I assume but I find this very interesting :P
I can't fly choppers anymore since my pedals broke..

Edit: OP fixed up.

Edit2 : New MiG 29 Cockpit!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I can't fly choppers anymore since my pedals broke..

Edit: OP fixed up.

Edit2 : New MiG 29 Cockpit!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good. I'm a huge fan of the Mig-29 :) Specially with the Polish AF tribute livery. I'm guessing you've probably seen this but if not it's a very cool take off.

Someone from the ED test team said they should be dropping it tomorrow or Thursday. But definitely before the end of the week. Soon(TM)...

Yaaaay not sure I can hold the excitement any longer...

Being that it is September 30th today, I wanted to give you a little update. The team spent all day today trying to assemble and release the Open Beta, but despite our best efforts, we had some assembly failures. Just as soon as we can resolve these errors, we will release the Open Beta.

mbaxqdwuktvwywr0opf5.jpg

Last edited:
I cant hold it anymore..

Also:
Wags
Team members needed to release the 1.5 and L-39 Open Betas are still in the office and will be working through the night.

At least they are picking up the pace, I mean it only took them like 3 years..

Last edited:
Someone from ED just live streamed himself flying around in 1.5. I didn't see it until it ended, but apparently he was testing the build candidate. The stream ended after he landed.

Edit: off to testing the build again...

Last edited:
From Wags

Well, clearly not enough you sent happy thoughts (jk) and I’m afraid the updater build failed. So, we need to find the problem, fix it and try again. This may take more than just a few hours, so those of you staying up may want to get some shut eye.

In the meantime, we are working hard to get this in your hands as soon as possible.

Or maybe they're just saying that so we don't all flood their servers when it's released? /conspiracy

I'm going out of town tomorrow night so I probably won't be able to play this until next week now.

Conspiracy :lol:

I'm going to stop checking, I'll see when it's out and live. Don't like to get teased so much.

Back