[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

From the forums.

Dear all, we have resolved the technical issues and look forward to have the open beta ready for you in a couple of hours.

We appriciate your patience.

That was more than a couple of hours ago though.

Is this real life?

33e38t4.jpg

vd1dlh.jpg

vetb10.jpg

xooa5s.jpg

:drool: blown away by the new HDR effects

5ybxgx.jpg

a875v.jpg

bye bye FPS:

a26nfk.jpg

So to recap this is what I've noticed:

• in general the game is more stable
  • trees and shadows on buildings in the evening/morning kill your fps from 60 to 20-30 :scared:
  • in the sunrise clouds looks strange (will be fixed in 2.0 for sure)
  • when map is set to track on you it's buggy
  • satellite mode seems to be broken (map)
  • shadows in cockpit seem buggier than what they were like in 1.2
  • MiG 21 is missing textures
  • Mouse visible in multiplayer
  • Multiplayer briefing glitches background
  • no Civ traffic

Last edited:
Is this real life?

So to recap this is what I've noticed:

• in general the game is more stable
  • trees and shadows on buildings in the evening/morning kill your fps from 60 to 20-30 :scared:
  • in the sunrise clouds looks strange (will be fixed in 2.0 for sure)
  • when map is set to track on you it's buggy
  • satellite mode seems to be broken (map)
  • shadows in cockpit seem buggier than what they were like in 1.2
  • MiG 21 is missing textures
  • Mouse visible in multiplayer
  • Multiplayer briefing glitches background
  • no Civ traffic

At least it looks great :lol: But yeah nice, I'm looking forward to see how it runs on my setup..

Good to hear. Just tried it out and it's running at stable fps. I can run everything at max but when I put shadows on high it fries the GPU. Shadow at low I get an average of 41 according to Fraps. Was flying the A-10 though so not sure how it goes at high speed, too tired for that.

Though having flown with modded ground texture in 1.2 I kinda disliked the stock 1.5 texture. Tried to add mod through JSGME. Kinda overdone it by just enabling them all in once. Now when I try to start it says "Error creating process" so yeah don't do that. Now I need to reinstall it.

First some sleep.

So I finally have time to try downloading this update... I went into the open beta client I had installed already and tried updating but it said "updates were suspended"... brilliant. So I went back to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/beta/ and see that there are 7 new files I get to download all over again. Is this how everyone else did it? If this 🤬 isn't done tonight after I've been dying to play it all weekend, I may rage at my router... and then go get drunk again so I'm happy :D

So I finally have time to try downloading this update... I went into the open beta client I had installed already and tried updating but it said "updates were suspended"... brilliant. So I went back to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/beta/ and see that there are 7 new files I get to download all over again. Is this how everyone else did it? If this 🤬 isn't done tonight after I've been dying to play it all weekend, I may rage at my router... and then go get drunk again so I'm happy :D

Lol no luckily not... Good luck and yes alcohol is always the answer! :D

I managed to get them all downloaded (while getting somewhat intoxicated) and....

DCS_2015_10_06_00_19_16_004.jpg

I like dis

DCS_2015_10_06_00_40_19_582.jpg
DCS_2015_10_06_00_49_12_881.jpg

I really like dis

DCS_2015_10_06_00_52_00_610.jpg
DCS_2015_10_06_00_52_21_330.jpg
DCS_2015_10_06_00_56_00_057.jpg

I really really like dis

DCS_2015_10_06_01_38_54_742.jpg

I *dead*

Worth the wait I think. I can run most everything on high at 45-60 fps as long as I stay away from trees and cities. I turned some of those settings as far down as I could but some thick vegetation will bring me well below 20.

Nice screens! Last one is perfect happy new year postcard :)

Was flying the A-10C yesterday and took off from Sochi, point towards sea. Somehow I got a birdstrike or something, my left engine got fire and I was only going 160 deez knots, tried to turn around but I couldn't make it. Never happened to me before..

Latest Posts

Back