[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Got the Mi-8 the other week.

Screen_160729_095032.jpg

Screen_160729_095043.jpg

Flying helicopters is very challenging. Vortex ring state is no joke!

It is fun though and very satisfying when you get it right.

I really need track-ir though.

Screen_160729_095032.jpg

Screen_160729_095043.jpg

I never knew the Mi-8 could be opened up like that. Thanks for posting. Learning new stuff each day. :)

Screen_160729_095032.jpg

Screen_160729_095043.jpg

Have fun flying that bus :D Being used to the Huey it feels like forever when you do some inputs.

I'm going to piss myself right now:

Wags

Hola everyone,

A little update... today the Caucasus map for DCS World 2.5 had its terrain elevation resolution increased by an average of 400%. This has eliminated almost all sharp edges to the terrain; and it's added rolling hills, much more detailed ridges and mountain sides, and provided many new places to hide down low.

I'll try to post some images in the coming weeks.

Yes, this is still a FREE upgrade planned for later this year.

Thanks

Hey guys I was messing around with my game and I'm wondering if anyone has a screenshot of this .lua file.

The file is located @: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View.lua
ncnvrd.jpg

t82c78.jpg

If anyone can recreate those two screenshots with the original game values I would really appreciate it!

(You can open .lua with note++)*

Hey guys I was messing around with my game and I'm wondering if anyone has a screenshot of this .lua file.

The file is located @: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View.lu
If anyone can recreate those two screenshots with the original game values I would really appreciate it!

(You can open .lua with note++)*

Do you still need it? Haven't been here for too long :P
Screen_160920_224857.jpg

29738053981_e5c2c6e6c0_o.jpg

So after sitting on a pretty crappy chair when flying for a couple of years and almost never using my racing setup I made two boxes out of wood to put the throttle and joystick on. Took off the wheel and bar from the chair and also the pedals. The rudders just fit with less than a centimeter to spare on both sides.
30164090456_0d05eec48a_b.jpg

Getting used to the F-5 :)
30198641585_4eb277e18a_o.jpg

So after sitting on a pretty crappy chair when flying for a couple of years and almost never using my racing setup I made two boxes out of wood to put the throttle and joystick on. Took off the wheel and bar from the chair and also the pedals. The rudders just fit with less than a centimeter to spare on both sides.
30164090456_0d05eec48a_b.jpg

Getting used to the F-5 :)
30198641585_4eb277e18a_o.jpg
If you wanted to go the extra step, whenever KLM retires a plane they generally take some of the seats out, cabin & cockpit, which you can generally snag up for free if you know the right people.

Delta does this and I almost... almost got one from the 767-200 when they retired them..

If you wanted to go the extra step, whenever KLM retires a plane they generally take some of the seats out, cabin & cockpit, which you can generally snag up for free if you know the right people.

Delta does this and I almost... almost got one from the 767-200 when they retired them..

Hmm I haven't got the chance to snap one of those things ever, I might not know the right people..

Squadron guy made a race for us, practice round:

Who would you talk to about that? I'm not in the market for an airline cockpit, but that is interesting to say the least.

Dan
Who would you talk to about that? I'm not in the market for an airline cockpit, but that is interesting to say the least.
Any hangar mechanic that deals with interior of the planes. Generally if you know one mechanic, he'll know another that will know another that could see if he could get you one.

Any hangar mechanic that deals with interior of the planes. Generally if you know one mechanic, he'll know another that will know another that could see if he could get you one.

I only know pilots... Real first world problem here :P

Told my wingman you should have your AIM-9's active when flying to a waypoint with fighter jets around, you never know.. I had this once in a lifetime kill blablabla and moments later... (check the chat box last few lines)
30138241571_b26ff97c5b_o.jpg

I was a mile to the right of him and a Mirage just overflew him, having no idea we were there.

Last edited:
The Spitfire is finally up for pre-orders!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/spitfire/

I've not played this game in a while but I want to get back into it. After they messed with the Mirage flight model and made it way too twitchy (for me at least), I kinda lost interest... especially after getting the runaround on so many of the modules everyone's working on. All the delays are really killing my enthusiasm for the game. Maybe when this is out and we have some idea of when the Tomcat and Hornet are actually coming out I'll actually come back to it. Maybe. I do miss it though.

I tried this recently... Well, it's really challenging and hardcore, but will take a lot of time to learn the basics. Even taking off is not so easy (it's not War Thunder). And keyboard/mouse control is totally useless, I need a joystick for that thing.

I really want to fly the Mi-8. Love this chopper. But first, I gotta to learn taking off and landing the Su-25T safely. And upgrade my RAM (4GB is barely enough for this game, it needs more for proper performance). Then, I'll probably buy the Mi-8 module.

The Viggen is out this week. Been watching some of the early videos on it and it looks pretty neat.

I'd be on board with it but I've really not touched this game in at least half a year. I'm waiting for the Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS to get back in stock already so I can finally try this game with a not 20-year-old stick. But I think more importantly I'm also waiting for them to actually give us that 2.5 they talked about. Knowing how painless DCS updates have been in the past, I'd rather not update all three DCS versions at once.

DCS World 2.5 is still on track to be available in 2016.
-DCS August 2016 News Letter

:rolleyes:

So... I got an affordable joystick (Defender Cobra R4), far from perfect but still much better than keyboard. And I think I got into the game on the Su-25T. Learned how to attack ground targets with rockets and laser-guided missiles. (Still have some problems with anti-radar missiles and bombs). The game runs well with medium-low settings on my system with 4GB RAM, once I get better RAM I think it'll run on higher settings without occasional freezes.

Question. Do you guys have the Flaming Cliffs 3 module? How is it? The price looks decent for this amount of content. I also want the Mi-8, but it's very expensive. I'll rather wait for a sale. Or at least make sure it'll be worth it.

Trivia: the Su-25T (aka "Super Grach"), the variant of the Su-25 "Grach" included in the free package of DCS... It was never mass-produced. Only 12 prototypes were built, then the project was closed. Some examples were sold to Ethiopia (after being modified to Su-25TK), and the Russian Air Force currently has only 6 and none of them are airworthy.

So... I got an affordable joystick (Defender Cobra R4), far from perfect but still much better than keyboard. And I think I got into the game on the Su-25T. Learned how to attack ground targets with rockets and laser-guided missiles. (Still have some problems with anti-radar missiles and bombs). The game runs well with medium-low settings on my system with 4GB RAM, once I get better RAM I think it'll run on higher settings without occasional freezes.

Question. Do you guys have the Flaming Cliffs 3 module? How is it? The price looks decent for this amount of content. I also want the Mi-8, but it's very expensive. I'll rather wait for a sale. Or at least make sure it'll be worth it.

Trivia: the Su-25T (aka "Super Grach"), the variant of the Su-25 "Grach" included in the free package of DCS... It was never mass-produced. Only 12 prototypes were built, then the project was closed. Some examples were sold to Ethiopia (after being modified to Su-25TK), and the Russian Air Force currently has only 6 and none of them are airworthy.

Seeing how much time I spent in the F-15C alone it's worth the money. Haven't flown much in the Su-27, a bit more in the Su-33 for carrier landings. Think you get a better version of the Su-25 too, not sure? Went with the A-10 from the start.. Mig-29 is nice now too with new interior and exterior, just needs a better flight model. I don't know if you can wait for a new sale but I once bought another FC3 license for $7,99.

Hellö
32200882150_a829485378_o.jpg

32200868890_079dc3b1f2_o.jpg

32457417081_97f8750955_o.jpg

It's very nice, even for an early release. Some bugs here and there, can't drop payload or external fuel tank for example but having a lot of fun! The thrust reverser works sweet, just pull the handle before landing and it activates when your nose wheel is on the ground. Dropping the cluster munitions looks awesome too!

32457420261_1bba86551f_o.jpg

Back