[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Okay, is a hell of a lot like LOMAC, which is a really good thing.

I'm working my way around targeting systems, managed to get my first strafing runs using the Su-25T, and managed to map the DS4 to work with it, with a few keys to spare (which I will be using for locking systems).

Looking pretty damn good so far, loving it.
It should be really similar to LOMAC. I think DCS was based off of LOMAC to begin with. :)

Edit: What am I saying! It was developed by the same studio lol :lol:

Edit 2.0: So I just learned that Crimea used to be part of the map (way back in LOMAC) but was removed in LOMAC 2 @GregTheStig

info.jpg

Last edited:
DCS basically is LOMAC,.

Crimea was dropped from the usable map because the game physically couldn't handle any more objects in the game.

The A-10A, SU-25A, and just recently, the F-15C, have what's known as a Advanced Flight Model.

All the other FC3 aircraft have the Simple Flight Model, and if you ever flew the SFM F-15 then played the updated AFM, you'll feel a massive difference.
None of the FC3 aircraft have a clickable cockpit. They aren't' high fidelity, so an engine start is just a button click instead of having to turn on all the batteries, fuel, etc.

The SU-25T is also one of the AFM, low fidelity aircraft.

These have mostly been grouped under the "FC3" nameplate. They're from a time when DCS wasn't a thing.

All modules titled "DCS" are made from the ground up, with AFM, and a full fidelity cockpit.

Now that the F-15 got AFM, I'm just waiting for it to be released a a DCS title.:D

Last edited:
That's 11pm to 2am for me. Can you get on a little earlier?

Perhaps.

I have a lot of cleaning to do, but if I get home at 3:15 and fly for an hour, that should be enough time to have for cleaning before Mom comes home.:lol:

I have to go to work in 3 hours so not tonight for me. If I were free, like tomorrow, it would've been no problem.

Have fun :D I'll see the screenshots later ;)

Ok, I've been out of it so long I have a big update anyways.

Edit: Stupid 2 gb update...

Last edited:
I'm usually only free Friday night and almost any time Saturday. On occasion I can be free during week nights as well but only for a little while, like an hour or two tops.

I'm usually available Friday nights and Saturday (preferably the night). I'm available on some weekdays too but at the moment I'm tied up with school. Pacific Standard Time here.

I work shifts so every week is different for me. This friday I don't have to work so probably I can fly :)

Thanks for the invite last night, sorry I missed it. If you will be setting something up over the weekend and I can make it I'll try to be there.

What kind of missions do you usually fly? I have all the modules except Mi-8. I'm most proficient with the F-15 and other western style cockpits. I can fly Russian/ground attack as well though. Just don't ask me to land a Huey that can takeoff afterwards.

Nice screenshots! :D That edited shot is really cool 👍

Are those smoke trails something you can normally do or is that a mod?

Thanks for the invite last night, sorry I missed it. If you will be setting something up over the weekend and I can make it I'll try to be there.

What kind of missions do you usually fly? I have all the modules except Mi-8. I'm most proficient with the F-15 and other western style cockpits. I can fly Russian/ground attack as well though. Just don't ask me to land a Huey that can takeoff afterwards.

I have to relearn the F-15, but it should be fun ripping up the skies online.

Nice screenshots! :D That edited shot is really cool 👍

Are those smoke trails something you can normally do or is that a mod?

The coloured smoke comes from pods that you can put on the outer weapon stations.

The black smoke from when you rip both wings off.:lol:

Latest Posts

Back