PCars Steam Pre-Loading Option for PC Now Live

• Thread starter Xiamoto
  • 8 comments
Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe the official Project CARS website should announce pre-loading is now available...because it's more convenient when you have the game ready at the time of official launch - and downloading 15 gigabytes of data could take a while for even someone who has 25 megabits of broadband Internet! :embarrassed:

(Still at school though.)

I think it has already been mentioned though in the general Project CARS thread:
Currently preloading Project CARS! The hype is officially real!!!!

View attachment 360159

I downloaded mine a few hours ago, didn't really pay attention to how long it took. I did notice that it was pretty steady at 6.1 -6.2 MB/s on the download.

2015_05_04_21_05_39_Steam.png

It seems I just simply cannot wait for Project CARS to come into my driveway. But I have to wait until late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning to arrive...

I was racking up as much as three megabyes per second (that's how much you get for a 25-megabit connection, which is still no slouch, and still fine for most uses today, especially when that's pretty much the minimum in the US' new "broadband" definition), but almost took me three hours since I was tired coming back home from school and kinda forgot the sleep mode was still on despite Project CARS pre-loading...

Thursday simply cannot come soon enough.

Done and done. Waiting for unlock. Will get home from work and it will be ready. Also getting this on ps4 so I can race some friends. Just hope they are going to offer either the LE cars as dlc or going to offer the digital for us psn accounts to buy before the 12th so we don't have to go through all that crap about creating a uk account to get it. Either way, going to see how my new computer I built will handle pcars. The last time I was this excited about a racing game was GT2.

Back