PD Need to engage the community for DLC

  • Thread starter Thread starter desperado
  • 22 comments
  • 1,966 views
Messages
55
Presumably going forward we are going to see premium cars as DLC, do you think PD will engage the community so we can have some kind of vote/poll about which cars we want to get the special treatment?
 
I was talking about this in another thread. Oh well I have to say they should put update their standard models and change them into Premium models.

Update at least 5 to 10 standard models to premium models, probably it'll be release every 1 to 3 months.

Thats for next year for sure or near the end of this year once GT5 is out of course!
👍
 
I'm definitely up for that idea, updating their standard models to premiums. Only the most popular ones. For example Supras and Skylines will need to be premium cause they are hugely popular
 
I'm definitely up for that idea, updating their standard models to premiums. Only the most popular ones. For example Supras and Skylines will need to be premium cause they are hugely popular

Now your getting it. This is our best hope so far for the rest of 800 standard models turning into premium models for the next year or so.
 
I think I would rather have Kaz decide what dlc we get rather than have you guys pick.
As for upgrading standard to premium, would that even be possible?
 
Oh God... nothing but supercars for the next few years. Edit: what dave sez.

Well... maybe here, we would get some balance over the horsepower heavy fodder we see in Forza 3. But I'd hope they'd take our wish lists as suggestions, and then at least do half of what they want.
 
PD, please include a RUF tuned Carrera GT as DLC if it doesn't make it into the main game. :) And the engine and exhaust note is really important to record correctly.
 
Maybe PD should find some partner who can help them get their hands on some of these cars first. After all, not all cars can be found in the local showroom. Jay Leno maybe? Top Gear? Both are involved in GT5 already.

Even if we want the premium cars upgraded (e.g. '69 Corvette), they need to find a good example of those. Seriously, Jay Leno's garage is full of enough mint condition vintage cars, after all.
 
Is 1000+ cars not enough?

The only cars I'm interested in for DLC are the Porsche 997 models. I'm more interested in new downloadable real tracks.
 
Presumably going forward we are going to see premium cars as DLC,
Never assume. PD dropped those 800 interiors because it took too long to model them. While they could no doubt keep creating them and making them available for download, don't expect them to do it for each and every car.
 
The only thing I want for DLC is the conversions of standard models to premium and it had better be free!
 
I was thinking that they're just going to leave the current standards standard and just focus on getting totally new cars, in which will be premium. Then perhaps save the premium work for the current standard cars for GT6 and have the new premium cars transferred over as well.
 
PD, please include a RUF tuned Carrera GT as DLC if it doesn't make it into the main game. :) And the engine and exhaust note is really important to record correctly.
RUF has never touched a Carrera GT, so that won't be happening....
 
I think that the premium cars in GT5 will form the basis for all cars in GT6 so there would be no problem with PD incrementally replacing the standard cars with premium versions in GT5 once it is released since it would be valid work for GT6.

Once that is completed they would then concentrate on new cars and lots of tracks to GT6 to become the feature rich version of the game.
 
it's a safe assumption to say that if you were to purchase DLC that the majority of people here would buy new tracks over new cars .......If Donnington , Spa and Oulton Park wasn't in the game I'd be in the day one purchase queue if they were a DLC pack
 
it's a safe assumption to say that if you were to purchase DLC that the majority of people here would buy new tracks over new cars .......If Donnington , Spa and Oulton Park wasn't in the game I'd be in the day one purchase queue if they were a DLC pack

I would't call that a safe assumption, I'd much prefer an Australian car pack over any tracks first.
 
Has there been much mention by PD of DLC being available after this game comes out? It just worries me, considering how long it takes them to release a game.....how long will it take for DLC to become available? I could see Kaz decide to just begin development on GT6 or whatever other game he has in mind...rather than release multiple DLC for this one.

Here's to hoping that some great tracks get released as DLC if it does come about!!!
 
RUF has never touched a Carrera GT, so that won't be happening....

Yes, they did, but it's still a porsche and not a full out ruf so it doesn't really matter.
 
I wouldn't want a poll,that would suggest premium prices for DLC.If it's free cars like the GT5p spec updates yes.They'll be doing it anyway for the next game so shouldn't charge in my opinion.

going by modelling team and time per car they can do 40 or so every 5-6 months,they probably have around 230 by launch and the next set in development before that,i'd go 300-320 by this time next year.
If they said pay £10 for a extra 100 premiums over 12 months i'd probably bite.A more regular style DLC price i'd probably say no.

I just the cobra gets a premium version at launch then all is forgiven :)
 
I think the people who really believe PD will not release DLC premium packs have got their eye's closed. I have a feeling Sony not PD, thought this would be a good business model for the game. Most of us will probably be playing this game until GT6 there is no way during that time that PD is not taking some the standard models and bring them up to premium model specs. If i had to guess PD's goal would be that every car in GT6 is premium.
 
I'd rather see new tracks as DLC than standard cars upgraded to premium...
 
I left a couple of comments on the PS Blog suggesting the idea.
 
While DLC is a good idea, especially considering the whole 800 Standard cars uproar, I want track DLC to incorporate into the single player game properly. I'm not going to be living online, and want to race bots on any DLC tracks.
 
Back