PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Maybe that shows that everyone who likes clean racing has given up on daily races or even Gran Turismo altogether. I know it has been over a year since I have really raced any daily races, I race in leagues or private lobbies or I dont play at all.

Sport Mode weekly active players is pretty high, and consistent.

Capture.JPG

I’ll make a you tube and post later.
At decide de Lago exit man whoever that was needs to anticipate better and lift!
I could post clips of some of the top players I’ve personally raced with lifting and running wide to avoid pens and contact with hoodlums.
Also interesting is that mid race the better ones prioritize getting back in the groove if they made a mistake over clogging up the track with rage inducing battles.
They accept overtakes and prioritize overall race time vs killing their competitors.
So that first one wtf the driver just keeps foot on the floor and maintains line right into a major high sped crash into a wall?
You can see it coming a mile away...edit maybe it wasn’t THAT bad but still...

Last edited:
Maybe that shows that everyone who likes clean racing has given up on daily races or even Gran Turismo altogether. I know it has been over a year since I have really raced any daily races, I race in leagues or private lobbies or I dont play at all.

My racing has been on and off since 1.53, atm it's completely off. It does seem I have given up or just lost interest. 290K miles driven, it's been a good run. I'll be racing Sunday morning though, SPA lobby. The track in the dailies must be really fun to endure the many bad races vs the few good ones. This week none come even close.

Sport Mode weekly active players is pretty high, and consistent.

View attachment 902748
Most people drive dirty if there's nothing stopping them, as we see in games where the game takes no action against it.

I once took my PS4 round to a friend's house for them to try a split screen race. As soon as the race started, they rammed me. They seemed surprised that I was surprised by them doing this, as they thought it was the whole point of racing games.

The current penalty system is worse than the one before because I've noticed there is a new dirty tactic - turning into people who are overtaking legitimately, and ramming them off the track to the inside. At least with the previous system you had a reasonable chance of executing a legitimate overtake.

And what exactly is wrong with the penalties in this video? They look perfectly fine to me. All I see is you driving straight into cars (not even a lift off in the first one even though there was a serious crash happening right in front of you and you had more than plenty of time to react). If this was real life, you would not finish a single race. This is not racing. Just saying.

And what exactly is wrong with the penalties in this video? They look perfectly fine to me. All I see is you driving straight into cars (not even a lift off in the first one even though there was a serious crash happening right in front of you and you had more than plenty of time to react). If this was real life, you would not finish a single race. This is not racing. Just saying.

Maybe this was a bad video. The first clip, I didn’t have time. I would have hit the car regardless.

Maybe this was a bad video. The first clip, I didn’t have time. I would have hit the car regardless.

but you straight up did not even try to avoid it, there was enough time to move offline to avoid a full on crash into the back of the other car meaning you probably would not have received a penalty. you just carried on as if you were hotlapping with no cars on track, you have to drive for others aswell as your self but you just think well it's ok as i have no time but you had plenty to go off gas and try to move over to the right as it was very clear a crash was about to happen. awareness is everything in this game. yes maybe you would have still crashed but you would know atleast you tried to avoid it instead of your oh well attitude bud.

no offence but you are hotlapping in a race and ignoring what is happening right infront of you, you dont even try to avoid ghosted cars that are in the penalty zone and hence why you hit the guy unghosting from the penalty zone. you should drive round even if they are ghosted. well thats what i do anyway.

penalty zone and hence why you hit the guy unghosting from the penalty zone. you should drive round even if they are ghosted. well thats what i do anyway.

Where? I have never did that. If it was my latest video, that wasn’t me. That was a view from the dirty driver.

This new system is a huge improvement for me. Zero issues with it so far.

I have to say, so far the lobbies at 99 that I have raced in have been like what they were like a year and a half ago...Most no doing little they would not try for real, and the bad apples might be in for one race but then they are rated down and disappear...Nice to race when people sort things out lap one without knocking each other’s brains out.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky but it’s been peachy this week for me...

Does anyone know if there's a standard deduction amount when you get the orange SR penalty/
Is it a certain number of SR points every time, or does it vary, depending on the type of incident, like time the penalties?

I think it's minus 3 SR points for 1 orange SR down. Last week I did one race B at Lago Maggiore and I got 1 SR down for tapping the car in front of me. Finished with a red S and SR went down to 96. But that's only for 1 SR down in the entire race. If you get more of them or even a penalty in one race then the consequences might be harsher.

Does anyone know if there's a standard deduction amount when you get the orange SR penalty/
Is it a certain number of SR points every time, or does it vary, depending on the type of incident, like time the penalties?

It was -3 SR for the SR Down arrow, turned into -2 SR not long ago. Any SR Down with a time penalty has been -10 SR, regardless of the incident. However I have not raced this week, maybe it has changed again.

And it's -1 SR for some contacts where the other car does not get a penalty. Any contact can cost a bit of SR, but you keep the SR up arrow as long as you don't see the orange SR Down. (Unless that has changed as well)

It was -3 SR for the SR Down arrow, turned into -2 SR not long ago. Any SR Down with a time penalty has been -10 SR, regardless of the incident. However I have not raced this week, maybe it has changed again.

And it's -1 SR for some contacts where the other car does not get a penalty. Any contact can cost a bit of SR, but you keep the SR up arrow as long as you don't see the orange SR Down. (Unless that has changed as well)
I've been doing race A all week, and I know that crb is worth 5 SR points. When I've had SR downs, my net at the end of the race is -5. So, I'm assuming that if all my sectors are perfect, but I take one SR hit, it's worth -10.

I’ve been matched with a certain dirty player all week, he has been crashing into almost everyone that I seen him race against. Last night in Race C I was lucky enough to see his dr get reset, this guy would still be SR S with the old system.

He bumped me out of the way in t8 during that race, I recognized his psn name so I then came back at him and returned the favor in turn 9 which resulted in him spinning. No penalty for me and the DR reset was the cherry on top after that, good riddance.

Wow. I thought they fixed that. I guess only at Tokyo tracks.
Did a couple of races yesterday and this was the worse thing that happend. The other parts were still bad. It's just people dive bombing and pushing you of the road.

It seems as if PD only have the options penalty of no penalty available. Why not something like a 3 strike system? Hit once, get a warming, hit 3 times and you get a penalty. The punishment for mistakes are now harsher than the punisment for punting.

This is just dumb..

This was a B/S rated lobby...

I have experienced this rubbish so many times since the recent update. Only taken part in race B this week and received points and orange SR for not doing anything wrong and on a couple of occasions there was no contact whatsoever - bonkers!

In my last race yesterday at Suz, I retaliated to a dirty idiot who had barged me by driving on the inside around the bend before the penalty line. I made contact sufficient to push him into the gravel and I drove away unscathed. I was quite expecting points, but nothing and I managed to secure 4th, so nearly back to DR B again having been demoted to D because of SR reduction.

Saw some very ordinary contact penalties in the Manufacturer race at Willow Springs. One went in my favour (for a completely inconsequential door tap in Turn 2) which saw the other driver get a 1-second penalty. Without that he probably wins the race.

Fortunately it is now an exhibition season, but the system still needs work.

I did one race A yesterday. I was a bit clumsy, drifted the car a couple times, lost some sector's SR up being a bit liberal with my drifting :lol:. However no contact until the final turn where a dive bomb hit my inside in the turn. I got SR Down for that while losing the position to the dive bomber, no time penalty, yet -8 SR for the race. So for some reason, even though no time penalty was issued, I got docked the full -10 SR for a BS SR Down. So one race was enough.

I tried to defense my position and a little bit contact with opponents, but I still got the penalty
Now I cannot attack and defense the position to avoid my SR drop and my DR is FKed up
2/3 C rank now dropped into the beginning of C rank

At this moment, I can only cruising at the back.....

Back