PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Hi, PD, Polyphonic, Kaz, PSN etc.
I did not suddenly become a dirty driver.......Old man shouting at clouds moment, ha.
Screenshot_20200802-232750.jpg

I ended the evenings racing at SR E.
I did do one revenge punt after the competor was a bit of a w anchor, otherwise I raced clean & fair :confused:

Last edited:
Hi, PD, Polyphonic, Kaz, PSN etc.
I did not suddenly become a dirty driver.......Old man shouting at clouds moment, ha.View attachment 946022

I ended the evenings racing at SR E.
I did do one revenge punt after the competor was a bit of a w anchor, otherwise I raced clean & fair :confused:

You are not alone my friend. After a DR reset a couple of weeks back, due to being hacked to pieces, I clawed my way back to DR/B - SR/B. Then this week I tried Race B and I'm now back down to DR/C - SR/C. ( was SR/E) This happened during a race where a car came from nowhere into the back of mine and I received the orange SR?? This was the final straw in a string of similar incidents and this is a bitter pill to swallow when I'm going out of my way to drive cleanly, keeping the racing line and leaving enough space between me and the car in front. I set pretty good qualifying times, normally placed mid to high pack, yet I'm finding progression beyond low DR/B almost impossible.

This system is just ****ing nuts. Spent all evening yesterday rebuilding my ratings after getting mugged the day before and getting my ratings destroyed. Today - Daily race at Fuji. I've gotten myself back to C/C - right on the cusp of B/B. Qualified on pole. Second place has a qualifying time a full second slower. Should be a cake walk. Into the first turn I get side-checked (I won't go into the precise shade of green in his flag) and end up in second place. This guy is all over the track like a Parkinson's sufferer using a controller. Follow the guy down to the chicane and coming out of it he swings way left then darts back to the right and slams on the brakes. You got it, tapped his his rear bumper. One second penalty for me. And he sails off into the horizon. For the rest of the race there was never another car anywhere near me.Finish in second with a shiny new rating of D/E.

I don't claim to have the answers as to how to fix this dreadful system, but we are getting to the point where drivers who just want to have clean, competitive races are at the mercy of the drivers who just don't give a ****.

5 Seconds and 12 SR penalty points:

There are more angles and some analysis on Tidgney's latest stream (13 minutes from the end, the timestamp won't work until it's fully uploaded).

You utterly filthy driver, how dare you be responsible for preventing them from running off track!:crazy:

Seriously, I have laid off dailies a bit since my reset and am feeling better for it. This system is completely bat:censored: nuts right now.

Yep, it's ******. Ran a couple of races this evening, and in my last race I was rammed from behind and got an SR down! I had been running calmly trying to get back to SR99 and now I'm SR 86 because someone rammed me. Awesome PD. Well Played.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a FIA race at SR.E, epic!!! This was the line up
a5GH34T.png

And the result
kFjmsjP.png

That's the SR boost at work, was it a clean race? :lol::lol::lol: I got a penalty for something in lap 1 (dunno was just a bunch of cars being forced through the course 5 wide at times facing in all directions) and at least one SR Down later, still straight to SR.A

If you want to recover SR, go to Tsukaba. PD sure likes practical jokes :lol:

PD are either clueless or not interested in fixing the one thing that people complain about the most. How is it not possible to rewind the PS to about 10 months back? It wasn't perfect, it will never be, but at least it was predictable and somewhat fair.

Interesting... Have run three races where I did not receive a SR down but only gained 13 SR points (85 -> 98). Started the day at SR85. Hit the COD on Lap 1 of the first race but no contact with any other cars during the race. There were incidents in the last two races where incidental contact was made but no penalty or SR- was applied to either car (got SR+ at the end of those sectors). Was expecting a CRB for races 2&3, but did not receive them. In the third race my SR went from 94 -> 98. Looks like any contact regardless of SR- flag results in a deduction/limited gain.

Reading all this makes 100% sense to me and although i would be glad to race you guys (even being slower) just for having good fights on track i do not feel that there is either possibility nor willingness to make this happen for people like me. This penalty system for me lacks of the simplest idea of fair play and does not contain a basic understanding of really basic mathematics (i.e. velocity/accelleration) as mentioned in 1000 posts before.

runs you off track? nothing to see here
gets hit by an already-sideways-perpendicular-to-the-track car? ultimate offense to racing

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly. Sideswiping someone into the shadow realm? No problem, kind sir. Please continue uninterrupted, no need for punishment. Ever so slightly and completely insignificantly tapping someone's rear bumper? You mother:censored:, this is gonna cost you the race!!! Seriously, some of the penalties I've seen and/or received at DTS this week were hilariously absurd. :lol:

Last edited:
Seriously, some of the penalties I've seen and/or received at DTS this week were hilariously absurd. :lol:

Like the one second penalty I got on Tuesday. Since there was no contact, I must have abused the track limits through the CoD. :boggled:

Like the one second penalty I got on Tuesday. Since there was no contact, I must have abused the track limits through the CoD. :boggled:

Same as the ignoring track limit penalties when you get bumped into a 'short cut'. Lose time from getting send over the curb, here have 0.5 or 1 sec penalty for ignoring the track limits. Other car gets nothing to do the same thing next corner. Or maybe they get SR Down, who knows. Sometimes the "colliding with another car" reason starts flashing while getting no (further) penalty or SR Down. (After getting hit from behind) However that only seems to happen after you previously got a ignore track limits penalty. Mysterious system.

This is hard work. Had my DR reset a couple of weeks ago and had a bit of time off. I’ve tried a few goes of daily race B and I get get out of single figures for SR. I started at SR E/1 and got it up to 9, then a ridiculous penalty brought me down to 1 again. The lower down lobbies are a complete and utter mess. I might just do a few goes of race C and just deliberately drive around the back to get it back up to S before I start taking it even remotely seriously again.

If several small touches don't get a penalty, all drivers could drive like that in every corner... easy.

Get turned into on purpose: get 4 sec penalty. Game is a joke and the people who drive like this in the environment it has cultivated are pigs.

Take it as damage, we have to avoid any collision, when is not intentioned and even when it is.

This is how bad the penalty system is although he deserves it for running me off at the beginning.

If you turn to him at the same time he is turning to you, the system can't know who is doing the dirty move.
You have to keep the wheel straight or to the outside in order to make easy the dirty move detection to the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you turn to him at the same time he is turning to you, the system can't know who is doing the dirty move.
You have to keep the wheel straight or to the outside in order to make easy the dirty move detection to the system.
(sorry for not using the multyquote this time)

Which would mean point your car towards the apex of the next corner and set throttle at ramming speed ;)

#sharedfault

Someone divebombs unexpectedly, I hold my line and barely make contact yet I'm the one with a penalty and SR loss.

Viper on Viper aggression is uncalled for as it us, PD certainly doesn't need to make it worse!

The penalties are still terrible even in the Top 16 race. GT7 can't come soon enough.

People are putting way too much faith in GT7. Come on people, it's PD. It's going to be the exact same thing only with better graphics. :lol:

Also. Remember the No chicane Le Mans a few weeks back, where serving a 0.5s penalty on the Mulsanne Straight cost you like 3s? Who the 🤬 came up with the placement of the penalty zone at DTS? I was 2s behind a guy with a 4s penalty. He was still ahead after serving it. That is 🤬 brilliant. Great job, PD. :lol:

People are putting way too much faith in GT7. Come on people, it's PD. It's going to be the exact same thing only with better graphics. :lol:

Also. Remember the No chicane Le Mans a few weeks back, where serving a 0.5s penalty on the Mulsanne Straight cost you like 3s? Who the 🤬 came up with the placement of the penalty zone at DTS? I was 2s behind a guy with a 4s penalty. He was still ahead after serving it. That is 🤬 brilliant. Great job, PD. :lol:

None of them make sense. At Seaside I had a 1 sec BS penalty and the car right in front of me 2 sec. We both slow down at the PZ, absolutely no difference between 2 sec or 1 sec, same separation afterwards. At Monza the difference between 1 and 2 sec to serve was almost 3 seconds more lost. At Tokyo Inner loop, higher penalties just make the car auto drive the corner.

All 3 of them only create more incidents, Seaside just before a fast left, Monza narrow straight with a kink and Tokyo inner loop in the braking zone for a fast right hander. I've seen them create many many secondary incidents this week.

Back