PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Going through some old replays and I found one of where I'd had a great race with the guy in P2.. I passed him and was about to pass P1, when he just swerved me off the road. Justice was served when the guy I'd been racing cleanly, rammed the dirty player off at the next corner.

Anyway, I thought I'd look up Mr Dirtys stats, and sure enough, he now has an SR S rating within the last couple of weeks.

I've had one or two clean races recently but mid/low B has been pretty dire. I've even revenge-punted a few people off and still managed CRBs!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331_111957.jpg
    Screenshot_20210331_111957.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 42
Going through some old replays and I found one of where I'd had a great race with the guy in P2.. I passed him and was about to pass P1, when he just swerved me off the road. Justice was served when the guy I'd been racing cleanly, rammed the dirty player off at the next corner.

Anyway, I thought I'd look up Mr Dirtys stats, and sure enough, he now has an SR S rating within the last couple of weeks.

I've had one or two clean races recently but mid/low B has been pretty dire. I've even revenge-punted a few people off and still managed CRBs!
I have had similar experiences. Not many hit you from the rear, but sideswiping is common. Today someone tried to push me off sideways coming in to T5. When he was applying pressuuhard I simply lifted and he ghosted right through me and off track. I had a smile on my lips the rest of the race.

Does anyone from GTS monitor these threads? Are they getting the feedback that they overshot things with the last change. Do they post here occasionally??

I was happy PD tweak down the harsh penalty few weeks ago but they completely turned off the SR system too. They need to bring the SR deduction back in action.

Give SR down to all car implied in contact. Me as a clean driver, touching another car while attempting to overtake could happened 2-3 times during a race. A dirty driver who want to push every car out of his way will get way more deduction.

If I realise I'm racing with a dirty driver, I will let him go and preserve my rating.

A couple of weeks and the dirty one will be back to their place.

The penalty system really has become a joke. At least before, every small contact was penalized. Now it isn't, it's random, unjustified, and makes you wonder what the hell have PD done to the system.

- people keep pushing me on the dirt (making me lose like 10 places) and nobody's getting penalized
- people spin me out and nobody's getting penalized
- people take the inside of the corner hitting my car and nobody's penalized
but....but....
- I barely touch someone and "I" get 1 to 3 seconds penalty
- I get brake checked 1km before the brake zone and "I" get 1 to 3 seconds penalty.

Really stupid how we can be rammed and pushed when side by side, without any penalty to the - each day being more and more - idiots overtaking with 2 wheels on grass and 2 wheels on the kerbs (just enough to avoid all wheels out limits).

So, this is fun? Racing with overtaking manouvers without whells on the tarmac? I mean... Jeeez.

This all week at Nurburgring with Gr4, I saw everything that can kill a motivation of playing GT Sport.

As a clean driver, I want last penalty system please. Not better, but at least, not any better to the idiots that should be playing with Lego, or GTA.
Don't any PD people play online, to judge how things run? This new PS, is way better for rammers that dont even need to brake into corners,
just be sure to hit the car in front on a side spot and turn much better, at the same time that the opponent car is launched to the outside.
One shot, two kills for unfair drivers.

Well done PD.

Last edited:
Really stupid how we can be rammed and pushed when side by side, without any penalty to the - each day being more and more - idiots overtaking with 2 wheels on grass and 2 wheels on the kerbs (just enough to avoid all wheels out limits).

So, this is fun? Racing with overtaking manouvers without whells on the tarmac? I mean... Jeeez.

This all week at Nurburgring with Gr4, I saw everything that can kill a motivation of playing GT Sport.

As a clean driver, I want last penalty system please. Not better, but at least, not any better to the idiots that should be playing with Lego, or GTA.
Don't any PD people play online, to judge how things run? This new PS, is way better for rammers that dont even need to brake into corners,
just be sure to hit the car in front on a side spot and turn much better, at the same time that the opponent car is launched to the outside.
One shot, two kills for unfair drivers.

Well done PD.
I also see my self a s a clean racer. But I do not under any circumstances want the previous system back.
Sure, a dirty driver can push me off by dive bombing me. But he could do that just as well in the old system and besides getting pushed off I would also get a penalty and an SR down.
My race would be effectively ruined when I served a penalty for something I didn't do.
The penalties are good now, they just need a stricter SR system.

The SR system really needs tweaking. I liked the ideas I've heard from others about a weighted SR system where, depending on your SR history, it's easier or harder to lose/gain SR to keep dirty drivers low and clean drivers high. Because this was my experience with Tokyo this weekend for the FIA Manufacturer's race and.... my God, what an absolute mess of rammers, unobservant drivers, and dirty driving.

The SR system really needs tweaking. I liked the ideas I've heard from others about a weighted SR system where, depending on your SR history, it's easier or harder to lose/gain SR to keep dirty drivers low and clean drivers high. Because this was my experience with Tokyo this weekend for the FIA Manufacturer's race and.... my God, what an absolute mess of rammers, unobservant drivers, and dirty driving.

Jesus bloody christ. That was F I L T H Y. An utter disgrace. Was that seriously SR 99 (even by today’s standards)?

I do not under any circumstances want the previous system back.
Sure, a dirty driver can push me off by dive bombing me. But he could do that just as well in the old system and besides getting pushed off I would also get a penalty and an SR down.

So true. I’ve raced over thirty times and this new way is more fun.
There’s no fun if one bad race takes you from sr99 down to 60 then it took forever to get back. If they don’t take sr over time as an average it’s better not to drop it. One race should never change a safety rank so much like before.
This new way has more faster people matched, but some are very dirty. I’m cool with that.
I think many people are uptight and a little snooty considering it’s just daily races and also a small FIA exhibition season.
I had loads of fun at Nurb GP and I will also at Interlagos. I’m not daft and don’t expect all players to cautiously go round single file without touching. That might be more realistic for some but it’s also very boring in a sprint like daily a and b.
I like this new system. I would never seriously compete for rank points esport like this, but it’s real fun to race.
If they can’t get pens right then I prefer this. Yes it’s aggressive, but you can enter many times and still get matched right instead of dropping sr going to rooms with beginners and winning...jmo

Last edited:
Jesus bloody christ. That was F I L T H Y. An utter disgrace. Was that seriously SR 99 (even by today’s standards)?

Yup, despite what you saw, all 3 of those were theoretically an SR 99 lobbies at mid-A rank (40-45k DR). It was a complete mess.

Yup, despite what you saw, all 3 of those were theoretically an SR 99 lobbies at mid-A rank (40-45k DR). It was a complete mess.

The one guy, who was featured quite prominently, was +40K DR after 12 days on GT Sport. Looking at his Kudos, he grinded dailies for a few days, racked up a bunch of wins and DR, and entered the FIAs, apparently with the sole intent of ruining the race for as many as possible. Obviously (to me, at least) an alternate account of a player who obviously has some skill, but wanted to be a douche.

35-45k on NA is mostly the dirtiest players in game.
Above 50k it cleans up a lot, tough to maintain that pace over all combos tho.

I've been that sweet spot of 30 - 35K DR forever, if I had to estimate, I would say it's 75% clean/hard/fair racing, but it's that 25% who can consistently spell disaster and wreak havoc, not to mention game the SR system, who can and will take away much if not all the desire to even enter.

Like many, my main account is now exclusively for FIA, while I maintain another A/S account for practice FIA and dailies, and a low B/S account for fun/dailies/revenge.

That dude who's name rhymes with Pinisio is a prime example. He won't or can't get over 40K DR, will reset, and do dailies for a day or two and he's right back at it.

this is why i only play my favorite combos and not try to venture into guaranteed puntfests like monza/GR4

Same here never seen attraction of Monza-the tracks not fun.

Like many, my main account is now exclusively for FIA, while I maintain another A/S account for practice FIA and dailies, and a low B/S account for fun/dailies/revenge.

It’s not all by any means around 35-45 but it’s a significant amount, they often play together and racing them is no fun no strategy just battle every corner no matter how much times lost.
I only run one daily one FIA (preferred combo only)
I like being about 29k for dailies. You get more penalty forgiveness.

Last edited:
Started playing in December and was surprised at how clean the racing was,really enjoyed it. Now it is bumper cars, the fixation on rankings seems to have the tail wagging the dog
I was away from GT Sport for a while and started racing again last week. All the complaining about the penalties being too strict has turned the races into punt fests. I'll take the stricter penalty system any day.

I can say with conviction that, at top level NA rooms at Interlagos, this system works a treat.
There’s no more animosity from mistakes because even let’s say someone dives it doesn’t mess up your sr.
It has resulted in clean play, players giving spots back if they miss a mark a little.
They know they will be punted if they don’t.
Dropping to B ranks another story altogether. They keep hitting each other, and making so many mistakes and always blaming the other guy.
I’m glad I’m not b right now
I think sometimes there’s more revenge under a stricter system because sr down and penalties are so maddening.
Someone makes a bad move causes a pen it’s just fuel on the fire.
Under the current setup strangely people have been much more forgiving.

Last edited:
Under the current penalty system you can get hit from behind and the offender isn't penalized while you spin into the grass. Surely everyone can agree the bumper pass is never justified. I can live with the side by side stuff.

Over a couple races if they keep hitting they get punted in top rooms.
Yeah. Lower rooms might be total chaos.
In the races I’ve been in all day it’s been great. No bs sr down for a mistake means less animosity.
At lower levels it’s always somewhat chaotic no matter what due to lack of skill. I’m always down for super strict, but that can result in anger and frustration.sometimes.
Again if you already got hit by a mistake player adding a wrong penalty is worse than nothing.
I prefer nothing to wrong fault.
I’d prefer shared fault over everything.

Under the current penalty system you can get hit from behind and the offender isn't penalized while you spin into the grass. Surely everyone can agree the bumper pass is never justified. I can live with the side by side stuff.
That's a problem but it was the same before, only you got a penalty for forcing a car off track (yourself that is) or if he didn't hit you hard enough you got a penalty for being bump drafted or brake checking.
In every scenario you got a SR down and was soon in SR B or C.

Don't you guys remember what it was like?

Don't you guys remember what it was like?

Oh, I do. The entre reason I created an alt was the propensity for your SR to be destroyed through no fault of your own. And I think @Groundfish has a good point about the wrongly assigned penalties and SR down arrows adding fuel to the fire in DR.B lobbies. Yes, they're chaotic now but under the last system they were filled with people seeking revenge on top of the chaos.

I'm not a huge fan of the current iteration of the penalty system right now but it's vastly preferable to the previous system. Until they fix the underlying problem in the algorithm (read: never) I'd rather drive under the current system than one that penalizes the victim in every instance of contact, no matter how minor.

Last edited:
I agree, while the new system isn't perfect it is far and away better than the prior one. Last system destroyed my SR all from others hitting me, it was insane. It was adding insult to injury, not only did I lose time being hit/pushed off, but now a penalty gets added and I wont be able to fix my SR before the end of the race which is even further insult as it drops me into a lower room where the bumping idiots are even worse....... and it's just a snowball effect. Only way to escape those is to wait at the start and run your own solo session to recoup. It was absurd.

Now, sure those bumping idiots still exist, but at least I'm not being penalized for absurd things. I feel like those of us who want to race clean, can actually race clean/hard now, but before even us clean drivers were giving each other penalties for the lightest of contacts side by side, where nobody gained/lost, I'm talking the kind of contact you would see in real life, not damage inducing.

I can not help myself thinking everyone being promoted to S rating something to do with GT7?
How I mean, why would PD release a new game with big numbers of people not thinking themselves a top, or at least a safe driver? If you make it seem everyone is 'good' would that mean more sales of GT7? And the opposite, many people would, perhaps, give up on the game and go elsewhere.
From a business perspective, its all about number of games sold, right?
Once they have your money, do they really care what opinions people might have.

Back