PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

It’s the SR rating that seems to have changed. Just finished a race C that had all S rated drivers at the start. Of the finishers, (13), 3 had dropped to A with a further 3 dropping to B.
Incidental contact incurring 1 second penalties also seems more common.

Additional:

Further analysis of results on Kudosprime appears to confirm that there is now an SR rating “wham-hammer” now in place. I’m wounded, but there are corpses everywhere ..........

Last edited:
BOP change...but there are reports on Discord of a more sensitive penalty system, I've not tried it though..

Mean Girls I Have a Lot of Feelings.gif

It’s the SR rating that seems to have changed. Just finished a race C that had all S rated drivers at the start. Of the finishers, (13), 3 had dropped to A with a further 3 dropping to B.
Incidental contact incurring 1 second penalties also seems more common.

Additional:

Further analysis of results on Kudosprime appears to confirm that there is now an SR rating “wham-hammer” now in place. I’m wounded, but there are corpses everywhere ..........

so we're back to any sort of contact results in a SR down?

I was going to race tonight but if people really are getting SR downs, I might wait until tomorrow for a more enjoyable experience.

The penalty system does seem a bit more sensitive, but it's not preventing the clowns from pushing other cars off the track. I don't use an alt account, never have... but it's time to go Rambo on their 🤬. Bye bye SR... Down to B.

Last edited:
The penalty system does seem a bit more sensitive, but it's not preventing the clowns pushing other cars off the track. I don't use an alt account, never have... but it's time to go Rambo on their 🤬. Bye bye SR... Down to B.
It's the first day. They'll do it and drop like a stone. Just like a German in one of my races. He went from S to B in one race. I won't see him again. Looked at his profile. A very dirty driver. He will not see A for some time. Give it a few days to settle and the oil will be separated from the water again.

It's the first day. They'll do it and drop like a stone. Just like a German in one of my races. He went from S to B in one race. I won't see him again. Looked at his profile. A very dirty driver. He will not see A for some time. Give it a few days to settle and the oil will be separated from the water again.
I watched P1 get repeatedly sideswiped off the track so I took the dirty driver out, he quit the race. 1 down.

It's a bit too sensitive it certain cases.

In my first FIA race tonight a Viper suddenly snapped sideways coming out of Turn 2 on the opening lap, he was already sideways and out of control when he came into my field of view from my left, contact was unavoidable at this stage as the rear right of the Viper made contact with the front left of my Lancer, he ended up spinning around the nose of my car.

Cue a 3 second penalty my way for contact.

I get that they want to punish those that push and shove their way forward, but an incident of that nature in the real world is simply that. An incident like that should simply be play on for all involved.

Yeah there appears no real way for the system to properly assign blame, ita just a case of ratcheting the severity of penalties and SR. gt7 really needs to address this.

After 2 entries on todays FIA races, I definitly noticed some changes...

Got myself a 1 sec penalty after punting guy (not off the track) on last turn in Maggiore, he braked early but ok, not mad about that.

What suprised me was that 2 times there where guys, that tried to "go for a gap" (that didnt existed!) so they leaned on me and made me go wide (not off the track tho) and recived 1sec penalty. That seems fair to me! :cheers: You are able to get your position back after the penalty zone...

Last edited:
Yepan FIA and a daily C and the dirty ones drop significant in SR. Now it depends on how fast you gain SR
I rear ended someone yesterday and my SR went to 96. I played several clean races today and my SR is still 96. I don't believe I got any contact penalties today, nor any SR downs but I can't be sure about the latter. Quite a few track limit penalties, though.

Last edited:
I really don't know what to say. I've been in B/S for a month, and in one day I went to B/B just because some dirty racers decided to crash me on Red Bull Ring. Basically I get the penalties they should have been given.
Every single race I'm there trying to be as clean as possible, avoiding contacts, braking, but it's never enough. The question that I always have to repeat race after race when I see that little red indicator at the top of my screen is:
WHY??????????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-091539_Companion.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-091539_Companion.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 27
I really don't know what to say. I've been in B/S for a month, and in one day I went to B/B just because some dirty racers decided to crash me on Red Bull Ring. Basically I get the penalties they should have been given.
Every single race I'm there trying to be as clean as possible, avoiding contacts, braking, but it's never enough. The question that I always have to repeat race after race when I see that little red indicator at the top of my screen is:
WHY??????????

Yeah it is still really bad at the blame game but what can you do? I made a few small errors last night and got deserved penalties but on several occasions the guy in front was just all over the road. One guy changed line 3 to 4 times in the braking zone and i eventually hit him and copped 2 seconds, i don't know how to fix that, really don't. I was hit 5 times in a row at T1 and T3 and I often got the blame so it is what it is. Still, guys are way cleaner than they were a week ago where it was just utter bedlam.

Yeah it is still really bad at the blame game but what can you do? I made a few small errors last night and got deserved penalties but on several occasions the guy in front was just all over the road. One guy changed line 3 to 4 times in the braking zone and i eventually hit him and copped 2 seconds, i don't know how to fix that, really don't. I was hit 5 times in a row at T1 and T3 and I often got the blame so it is what it is. Still, guys are way cleaner than they were a week ago where it was just utter bedlam.

I agree. This iteration of the penalty system is highly preferable to any version in recent memory. I much prefer the system getting it right 60-70% of the time rather than blaming the victim 90% of the time. I also find it preferable to basically just turning it off.

Last edited:
Big issue at RBR is guys not allowing for the slip stream. They are braking where they do in qualifying and if I pull up early to allow for the tow, guy behind me hits me so I need to guess if he is going inside or outside to try and avoid him whilst not hitting the guy in front or losing too much ground. There's a lot to consider and at times you're gonna get it wrong but it is all caused by guys braking where they do hot lapping. .

Did they just make a change lately? I did a daily race and watched guys getting penalties out of thin air...no cars around them, no leaving the course, just literally from hitting something that wasn't there.. At the end I think I saw maybe 3 or 4 guys who didn't have a penalty on finish board.

Last edited:
Back