PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

So that is your opinion. I have been in the race and I keep my line and I came after the hairpin beside the BMW. So on my left side I was always enough space for the opponent. I keep my line without being instable.
From the view on the BMW I see that he always was trying to go on my line. I don't see that I stear into him.
So I think that you and me have a different opinion on the situation, but sure, both say there is no reason for a penalty. Am I right?

Indeed, no reason for a penalty.

That's the problem with the replays in this game. Sometimes you can't really tell who's doing the veering. Especially if you can't see the player's control inputs. And this clip is the perfect example. You'd have to upload the replay again from your POV with full race info on and hide the playback control panel so we could see your inputs. Because it does actually look like you're the one doing the bumping.

A replay is also a reconstruction and not always exactly the same as what happens in the race. I have had times where I was hit in the race yet in the replay there seemed to be no contact. The only thing that's 'real' is saving the live video after the race with the share button. That shows all your inputs, time gaps, lag as happened in real time. Unfortunately the only way to be sure is to get the same video feed from the other driver and compare. It usually happens a little differently on the other driver's screen because of lag and forward prediction.

But yep, in the replay it looks like the white car is stable while the yellow car is doing the veering.

That's the problem with the replays in this game. Sometimes you can't really tell who's doing the veering. Especially if you can't see the player's control inputs. And this clip is the perfect example. You'd have to upload the replay again from your POV with full race info on and hide the playback control panel so we could see your inputs. Because it does actually look like you're the one doing the bumping.

@SvenJurgens

You see on Youtube another video on my channel. This scene you find on the end. Maybe it helps.

@SvenJurgens

You see on Youtube another video on my channel. This scene you find on the end. Maybe it helps.

Yep, now it looks like the white car is more unstable.

31:37 Kinda laggy movements from the white car causing you two to make contact
31:40 Same, laggy contact
31:43 Again looks like lag
31:45 Who knows, you don't have radar nor a rear view mirror!
31:47 The bounce back contact, invisible again with your settings.

Close driving with lag, no matter how small will cause this. Not using radar doesn't help to keep a safety margin against the lag wobbles.

Thanks for proving again that replays are kinda useless to determine what actually happened :/

Yep, now it looks like the white car is more unstable.

31:37 Kinda laggy movements from the white car causing you two to make contact
31:40 Same, laggy contact
31:43 Again looks like lag
31:45 Who knows, you don't have radar nor a rear view mirror!
31:47 The bounce back contact, invisible again with your settings.

Close driving with lag, no matter how small will cause this. Not using radar doesn't help to keep a safety margin against the lag wobbles.

Thanks for proving again that replays are kinda useless to determine what actually happened :/

Normally I use radar, I know the advantage. I prefer the small part of the track because so I see the gap to the cars behind, it is better there than on the whole map. But I think I know very good where other cars are while racing. You see in the hairpin I know he is inside. And then he is near my car and I have small stop with accelerating.

I saw the races in Macau yesterday. What a great race track. During the races I realized that this track would never work in GTS. The combination of high-speed passageways and extremely narrow angular passages would bring chaos and massive unjustified penalties. With the current penalty system such a route would be impassable for clean drivers. Unless you want to mess up your rating in no time.

I saw the races in Macau yesterday. What a great race track. During the races I realized that this track would never work in GTS. The combination of high-speed passageways and extremely narrow angular passages would bring chaos and massive unjustified penalties. With the current penalty system such a route would be impassable for clean drivers. Unless you want to mess up your rating in no time.

I like the track. It is interesting but for GT I think it will be interesting. I wish the track will be added, but for me just for time trial

Nope, still not fixed

If someone asks you: "Is the penalty system in this game any good?" Just show them this. :lol:

Although I've experienced it myself dozens of times, it always makes me stunned. This is all extremely wrong. It's just incomprehensible to me how can can not change that.

Same here, man. I personally have abandoned all hope that there will ever be any more changes to the penalty system. The only thing left for us to do is just hope that the people responsible for this are at least a little ashamed of themselves. Because they should be. :lol:

Last edited:
If someone asks you: "Is the penalty system in this game any good?" Just show them this. :lol:

Same here, man. I personally have abandoned all hope that there will ever be any more changes to the penalty system. The only thing left for us to do is just hope that the people responsible for this are at least a little ashamed of themselves. Because they should be. :lol:

There is no doubt PD knows about the issues with the penalty system, apparently they are not willing to fix the problems until there are only 3 people left racing in Sport Mode which should not take too much longer. They had the fix early when they used the shared blame system but the squeaky wheel gets the grease, apparently all of the cheaters were whinging too loud when they could not "game" the system.

There is no doubt PD knows about the issues with the penalty system, apparently they are not willing to fix the problems until there are only 3 people left racing in Sport Mode which should not take too much longer. They had the fix early when they used the shared blame system but the squeaky wheel gets the grease, apparently all of the cheaters were whinging too loud when they could not "game" the system.

Every time you claim everyone is abandoning GTSport I'm going to post the stats that show the reality. I'm not defending the penalty system, as it can indeed be infuriating. I just don't like when you use it to make an unsubstantiated claim that is provably false.

Capture.JPG

Why did you get the penalty??

He is an experienced driver who was in control and on the track but what about the poor noob who didn't make the corner and was out of control when they came back onto the track. Sven was clearly very naughty here as he didn't just vanish or stop and allow this poor unfortunate driver to come back onto the track without any contact. :lol:

Watch the mirror, Sven hit (actually the other driver hit him) the red+white marlboro car (after it didn't bother to take the corner and bounced over the grass) as it re-entered the track and then it spun off the track again, so the penalty was for that. :banghead:

Why did you get the penalty??
The red-white car has done everything wrong what you can do wrong but Seven gets the penalty. That's GTS.
Only a few of the violations: leaving the track, shortening the curve, insecure return to the track, touch with another vehicle, again leaving the track, .... Just for comparison: Sebastian Vettel has got in reality 5 seconds penalty in canada only for the insecure return to the track. He did not touch anyone.

Every time you claim everyone is abandoning GTSport I'm going to post the stats that show the reality. I'm not defending the penalty system, as it can indeed be infuriating. I just don't like when you use it to make an unsubstantiated claim that is provably false.

View attachment 867027

How many of those supposed accounts are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 11th, etc. profiles for the same person? I only know my racing habits and those I speak with, we probably do not see the whole picture looking at a spreadsheet.

How can the penalty system ever work if the idea it is based on is severely flawed
1V2hdBU.gif

SR down for getting tapped by a dive. In no racing series is this a valid move. I try to leave room but don't want to end up in the wall either. I get SR Down anyway. The system works by penalizing the car that gains or loses the least speed after contact. Hence the SR Down when getting draft bumped and SR Down for the car on the outside in turns since the outside car carries more speed through turns. It's simply wrong, only to catch brake checks. (Which it doesn't even do very well)

How many of those supposed accounts are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 11th, etc. profiles for the same person? I only know my racing habits and those I speak with, we probably do not see the whole picture looking at a spreadsheet.

And your racing habits and the people you speak with DO give the big picture? Come on, the stats are the stats and are the very definition of the whole picture, 2nd, 3rd and 4th accounts included! Of course we cannot know how many active accounts are duplicates but do you really think that your anecdotal evidence of people leaving in droves has been offset by others creating duplicate accounts so that we see the very consistent number of active players? That seems like a hell of a long shot, with absolutely no data to back it up.

If you're going to get a penalty for someone else's lack of spatial awareness, make it a good one.

Erm that's on you, you would have hit him even if he had stayed wide. You were behind at turn in as well, what did you expect.

Exactly. That looks more like revenge than a mistake to me.

In SR.B driving dirty is the best way to over take

He only gets 1 sec penalty for one of the times he bumps a car off and keeps the positions at the finish. Such a joke.

Similar thing happened to me except I was in a SR S lobby. I had a much better exit coming from The Chase into Murrays and tried to overtake on the right but he was just not having it. So he punted me onto the grass and consequently into the Main Straight wall, sending me from 8th to dead last at the end of lap 2. But since I was DR A and he was DR D, he got NO PENALTY for it. Because, I don't know, the game must have thought that he did not mean to do that, he's just inexperienced and I, as an experienced player, should know better than to try to overtake someone who's considerably slower coming out of a corner. Because that's just stupid, right? That's not how racing works. What a 🤬 joke this system is. Great way to promote clean racing PD.
yeah-ya-yes-yup-saute-gif-5692178

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Erm that's on you, you would have hit him even if he had stayed wide. You were behind at turn in as well, what did you expect.

By the time I realized he had unghosted, there was a 20+ MPH difference. That would have been a tough task to slow down enough to not hit him. And there was a slim chance that by trying to cut inside I might have gone straight into the sand trap. But it's neither here nor there. It's not like we were fighting for a podium spot.

By the time I realized he had unghosted, there was a 20+ MPH difference. That would have been a tough task to slow down enough to not hit him. And there was a slim chance that by trying to cut inside I might have gone straight into the sand trap. But it's neither here nor there. It's not like we were fighting for a podium spot.

Yet you blame him for lack of situational awareness when it's you lacking awareness of the ghosting system ;) It's always a risk to gamble with ghosts, the solid ghost bug still crops up now and then:
nTj4nYs.gif

I couldn't move right since the half sec penalty guy would be unghosting right away, the ghost in front should have stayed a ghost but I hit him on my console (no effect to his car)

A lot of accidents happen from people trying to take advantage of a ghost at the last second. Ghosting prevents accidents yet creates them as well. It's a double edged sword and you're better off slowing down early when you see a car coming back on the road. And as you see in my reply, that doesn't even work... I had adjusted my speed to 'safely' pass instead of fly past into the corner, no matter, penalty.

It's like @Voodoovaj says, take responsibility for your own actions. That corner carries a huge risk, trying to share it with someone who just crashed is asking for trouble. Better to stay behind, put a little pressure on and 90% of the time they go right off again with their dirty tires. Since you had no one behind you, you could have easily prevented this accident and spared yourself a penalty which cost you a lot more time than slowing down early. Risk vs reward. Yellow flag doesn't mean go faster, but it has that effect in the game lol.

Drive with a little more awareness of people's behavior (swerving right back onto the road after messing up) and don't rely on ghosting to get past people and you'll find it far less trouble to stay at max SR. BS penalties still happen but this one wasn't one of them.

Took a 20s penalty Yesterday on nations cup at Spa. I may sound stupid but it is not clear at all to me where it is specified that the 2 compounds tire strategy is mandatory...

Took a 20s penalty Yesterday on nations cup at Spa. I may sound stupid but it is not clear at all to me where it is specified that the 2 compounds tire strategy is mandatory...
If you look at the event details and scroll down there is a box at the bottom right that says required tire compounds. Yesterdays manu required hard, medium and soft. I didnt look at the nations since I only had time for the 2040 slot last night. The fia events are using multiple compounds as a requirement more and more.

If you look at the event details and scroll down there is a box at the bottom right that says required tire compounds. Yesterdays manu required hard, medium and soft. I didnt look at the nations since I only had time for the 2040 slot last night. The fia events are using multiple compounds as a requirement more and more.
on the nations cup it was hard tire , AND MANUFACTURE u had to use all three

Along with being in the race details that @Fudman420 described, in the pre-race chat screen it shows in the bottom right hand corner what the fuel and tyre multipliers are, as well as any mandatory tyre usage. I do agree it's not particularly well highlighted, and would be best suited in the main race details screen shown below with red rectangles. But once you know where the info is it's pretty easy to check. It's also shown on the GT website.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191121143744.jpg

I think they must incease the penalty for uses who do not abide by this to ,mayb 40 second coz they taking away from the people who actually followed the correct rules and still finish above them

Back