PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Mark me down as one of the players that is giving up on this game. Putting away my rig.

The system hands out 10s penalties for light contact and yet this guy can intentionally pit maneuver me in an FIA race and receives nothing. You can see the intention with the steering input displayed.

EDIT: I am the Toyota. The video is from the offender's (Porsche) perspective.

Last edited:
Man my main went low on sr karting yesterday.
Holy heck what a pain getting it back.
In mine I saw so many pens thank goodness, the only time you can pass at lower sr is when they fly off or when they get a pen.
If you’ve never gone to B sr...DONT

Man my main went low on sr karting yesterday.
Holy heck what a pain getting it back.
In mine I saw so many pens thank goodness, the only time you can pass at lower sr is when they fly off or when they get a pen.
If you’ve never gone to B sr...DONT
Currently ended up on SR B on my alt. It is indeed a black hole nearly Impossible to escape. It will take multiple CRB from race C (already near impossible to get at that rating) just to get close to S. Where I will promptly be punted for fun and no penalty.

Currently ended up on SR B on my alt. It is indeed a black hole nearly Impossible to escape. It will take multiple CRB from race C (already near impossible to get at that rating) just to get close to S. Where I will promptly be punted for fun and no penalty.

What I did is start at back and pull over or lift any time I got near anyone until I was back in A.
Two people in A tried to punt me after I overtook them.
SR B IS A NIGHTMARE.

What I did is start at back and pull over or lift any time I got near anyone until I was back in A.
Two people in A tried to punt me after I overtook them.
SR B IS A NIGHTMARE.
Yeah, I kept that and B for no QT time as I thought it was going to be a nasty week. I start last, coast for the first half a lap and then only pass wrecks pretty much. Did it at 7:30 ish EST and still went from p14 to p4. Except for when the 1 wreck bounced back I to me. Learned after my mistakes trying to still do it cautiously but keep racing and had an incident.

Yeah, I kept that and B for no QT time as I thought it was going to be a nasty week. I start last, coast for the first half a lap and then only pass wrecks pretty much. Did it at 7:30 ish EST and still went from p14 to p4. Except for when the 1 wreck bounced back I to me. Learned after my mistakes trying to still do it cautiously but keep racing and had an incident.

Down at B sr if you turn on the driving line and stay on it it’s the safest place to be because most of the racers avoid it like the plague lol.
Glad to be back at above 90 sr.

Last edited:
Down at B sr if you turn on the driving line and stay on it it’s the safest place to be because most of the racers avoid it like the plague lol.
Glad to be back at above 90 sr.
That is my boring mission for tonight. I have to repair my SR to human levels in case there are good races next week. Time for slow driving

Update: so far I have a CRB streak of 3 races, including a race A. Might see SR S again

Nope. Not today. Got near a lag monster that was teleporting everywhere and knocking cars off line. Gave me a 2 second penalty for a ghost hit as it appeared next to me then reappeared back where it was. So as I was angry I watched it spin the car in front. No penalty of course, but I get one as I somehow tap the other car as a ghost. So I hit it. Hard into the hairpin. CRB gone, hello 16 seconds of penalties. Turns out after the race he comes complaining that I hit him too hard. After he spun out 2 others and gave out multiple penalties with no consequence he cant figure out why I would hit back. Turns out he was dialing in from Vietnam.
I have lagged like that once, and I pulled off to run dead last, not like this joker.

Last edited:
Forgive me for not being fully up to date but has something changed with penalties this week? All my races at Maggiore (nations/daily/manf) have been crazy for inappropriate penalties both for me but also others.
Also the "professional foul" seems to be rife now with idiots taking advantage.
At 67 years old I will keep trying as not much else to do currently..........

Polyphony digital forgot to arrange the IA that decide who gonna have the penalty cause sometimes it not only depend of the crash direction or the speed difference. It happend to me one time on susuka east, when a lamborghini driver pull me out of the circuit.

How tragic is it that it’s come to this .

That’s A sr, which go me means if you are in there something’s up with you as a driver or something happened...
So I wouldn’t call it that (tragedy)
I never should have been in there with those people.
Yes, things happen from time to time.
In karts I attacked hard and had six cups of coffee before FIA and I wasn’t aware of the systems sensitivity, on top of that I was caught out by a brake checker on turn 4, however I still finished on podium.
That’s how my sr went low.
Normally never have to deal with these rooms at A sr or lower where people lack situational awareness and even some have malicious intent.

I’m for ANY system that gives lots of penalties for even slight contact.
Imo people who complain should control their vehicles better, and race contact free.
It’s not rocket science, don’t touch anyone get no pens.
Also @Granadier, you are my friend, so I gotta say you PIT yourself on that clip.
You went off track then exited way wide semi outta control at the same time that guy was there, very bad luck but you were the one off track and off line...
You can’t blame a game for driving errors.

I’m sure I will get flamed for this posting but contact no matter when should be avoided, then you won’t get pens.

If you are trusting drivers you don’t know to race close side by side etc and behave like pros then imo you aren’t being realistic.

Just sayin, I’m for the most penalties possible, or none. Control your vehicle.

I’m for ANY system that gives lots of penalties for even slight contact.
I'm all in favour of fairly harsh penalties and SR down IF it gives them to the correct person significantly more than 50% of the time. It's when it's giving them to the wrong person 80% of the time, and/or never giving penalties at all for some blatant bad driving scenarios that we have a problem.

Also @Granadier, you are my friend, so I gotta say you PIT yourself on that clip.
You went off track then exited way wide semi outta control at the same time that guy was there, very bad luck but you were the one off track and off line...

What? I suggest you watch that clip again and this time try to pay attention to who's who. 👍

What? I suggest you watch that clip again and this time try to pay attention to who's who. 👍

He was the one who cut the track on inside or no?
If no my apologies to @Granadier

Edit yes I watched last night and thought he was the track cutter, lol MY MISTAKE.
Still though being where he was he was gonna have a horrible exit and be under attack on the straight. It’s not his fault obviously.

Last edited:
Do we think anyone on the PD team actually plays online? Like surely a single person could try it sometime, and realise just how bad it's become
Or even if they didn't play online themselves, if they just watched Kie's videos, he flags up pretty much all the major issues like collision physics, FIA points, penalty system, BOP etc on a pretty regular basis, and looks into things pretty quickly after any update. If they paid him and a few other top players to play private beta versions of the game and give feedback, I'm sure they'd do it more cheaply, and better, than them employing people to do it.

I know the system sucks right now. I agree with that.
However it seems daft to not simply adjust your driving to compensate.
Race more conservatively.
I will say I think below almost A plus TCS and driving line should be used all the time.
I’ve never seen a single video of a person getting a penalty and heeding the 2 simple words slow down.
I think blaming the system rather than taking responsibility is a mistake.
EVEN under this current debacle, over the course of time you are absolutely in control of sr and DR.
I had one race under the current system, took a big sr hit, adjusted my driving a little.
I’m not going to quit, I adapt, improvise, and overcome.
To me you’re not a thinking man if you already know you are in a situation with a trash pen system but you insist on pushing your vehicle into congested situations on track.
Control your vehicle don’t hit other cars.

I know the system sucks right now. I agree with that.
However it seems daft to not simply adjust your driving to compensate.
Race more conservatively.
I will say I think below almost A plus TCS and driving line should be used all the time.
I’ve never seen a single video of a person getting a penalty and heeding the 2 simple words slow down.
I think blaming the system rather than taking responsibility is a mistake.
EVEN under this current debacle, over the course of time you are absolutely in control of sr and DR.
I had one race under the current system, took a big sr hit, adjusted my driving a little.
I’m not going to quit, I adapt, improvise, and overcome.
To me you’re not a thinking man if you already know you are in a situation with a trash pen system but you insist on pushing your vehicle into congested situations on track.
Control your vehicle don’t hit other cars.
I disagree. I hang back and drive conservative because four SF's are fighting for positions up Kemmel and through the curves after. And because I am careful I get hit from behind.
Was I supposed to pull over and park? If the system requires me to go that far to stay "in control of DR and SR" it's no longer a racing game.

I disagree. I hang back and drive conservative because four SF's are fighting for positions up Kemmel and through the curves after. And because I am careful I get hit from behind.
Was I supposed to pull over and park? If the system requires me to go that far to stay "in control of DR and SR" it's no longer a racing game.

Nothing you can do if hit from behind.
Happens to me too sometimes, but never get pens for it unless it pushes me into others so no sr effect. Just dr low when it sends me to visit David Hasselhoff haha.
But yeah nothing you can do about that.

EDIT I think one aspect of the game that’s sorely lacking given that it is trying to be an e sport is specific videos and challenges even to practice with SPECIFIC examples of how to win a corner for example in an indisputably textbook fashion.
I don’t see why they couldn’t include that.
With many of the younger folks, and it’s evident even here on this site pretty often and on many you tube streams that some have no idea what is a textbook move and what’s not.
We all know racing at a high level involves a grey area, I’m not talking about that.
I’m talking about BASIC TEXTBOOK get nose to nose at turn in on the inside and match your opponents braking to prevent crossover and very basic stuff.
They need to show what TO do and force you to execute it in a challenge, not just show swerving on a straight and ramming and say DONT do these and you are clean.

PD has made a game that’s advanced enough to provide this and they have great commentators to do it with, I have no idea why it isn’t in there.

Provide basic textbook examples for crying out loud of clean maneuvers and maybe mention anything else is risky because the pen system is random...

Last edited:
Following my previous post re being demoted to DR D from DR B because my SR had been trashed, I had an hours fun being totally dirty in punt-fest and side swipe mode where I ruined race A (Tesla) for every dirty driver who came into contact with me. This certainly went against the grain, but putting the shoe on the other foot and retaliating in this way certainly made me feel better, as I had nothing further to lose.

So last night I regained composure and attempted race B again. Having stayed out of trouble and gained places in almost every race, I've now jumped from 3998/9 to 6525/52 and am back in DR C land again and hopefully will be able to regain DR B in the not too distant future.

The tactic I'm using more now is to be more defensive. If the person I've overtaken fairly is clearly after my blood, I monitor the position board and if they're directly behind me, I'll swerve slightly and brake before the bend and watch them fly past, invariably into the gravel. This can, of course, lead to conceding one position place if they handle the situation correctly, but that's better than being punted off and conceding a huge penalty, possibly leading to three or four other cars overtaking me before the finish.

Finally, I have noticed that slight contact fines have increased this week for the victim and hopefully the fix referred to above will improve the position, but I'm not holding out much hope!

I've watched so many live streams of Dailies and FIAs ,plus actually doing the them. My input,
I've actually raced ,motorcycles, you dont make contact. But, contact happens. Polyphony has no idea what real racing is. Slight side contact should not be a penalty. Unless a car leaves the track. Cars coming back on track should be ghosting more, or no penalties issued. Domino type contact penalties are totally ineffective if they aren't given to the right driver. Fair racing with sportsmanship is dead right now on GTS. If you even want to give back a place after minor contact, you can't. You have no opportunity, because that driver is gonna get a penalty additionally after you let him by.

You can’t blame a game for driving errors.
I should've been clearer in my post, but look at the names. I am the Toyota, not the Porsche.
Uploaded from his perspective because from mine you couldn't see anything.

Also my line was intentional to try and avoid the Porsche as I saw him reentering at an angle.

I hear, but haven't tested, that the penalties are back to the December way.
If so I am a lot happier. If no penalties are awarded for ram bam driving then it's possible for the clean drivers to police the servers together.
It lead to cleaner racing in December, it can now to.
Last time around the dirty ones got scared. Let's hope they do now too.
All it takes is the rest of us accepting race incidents and punish dirtyness.

Yeah, been on line and had a few races. Been a bit pushy and bargy, can only get worse without policing. However, I got 2 CRB out of 3 races, only other incident that caused an SR down was getting brake checked twice on the double rights at Autoplis. Did see a poor guy doing the right thing and letting a person back in line after they bumped them, and they got a penalty for it. So still some things to work on.

Back